Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The decorations are coming down today to be put up next weekend.
    We're away to Dublin the last weekend of the month to the Festive Taste of Dublin in the RDS, looks like it'll be a real treat. Is anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Since we are into the thirty’s now who’s had their first:
    Tub of sweets
    Christmas coffee or hot chocolate
    Christmas meal deal sandwich
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

I’m holding off on all of the above but I have had 2 turkey and ham dinners since Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’ve had more than one mince pie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SarahLil wrote: »
    Tub of sweets
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

I’m holding off on all of the above but I have had 2 turkey and ham dinners since Halloween

We had a bag of Heros in August and tub of Celebrations in September.
    I wouldn't be overly into coffee or sandwiches but we had a had a full Christmas dinner last weekend. I also had a ready meal of that counts.
    We had mince pies, cake slices, cookies,etc.

Mini Christmas in Mam's today! So will answer those later. Gonna be able to tick off a few! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is there a trivial Christmas annoyance thread here? I just spotted a card that read "Happy December Day". They should be shot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Home wrote: »
    Is there a trivial Christmas annoyance thread here? I just spotted a card that read "Happy December Day". They should be shot.

There’s a Christmas trend that should go away thread and yes the makers of that card should be shot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tub of sweets
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

Just one tub of sweets back in October. But excited to tick the rest off the list soon :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On happier things, I'm on my sixth box of mince pies. :D

New Home wrote: »
    OnN happier things, I'm on my sixth box of mince pies. :D
    I’m jealous
    mine are stocked in my mams for safe keeping :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Delighted I have my Christmas trees, decorations, lights and the rest ready to go. My friends daughter is coming over in two weeks to help me put the lights on the main tree. Whilst sorting through things I found our Elvis tree decorations. Al in the best possible taste of course :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Doing a bit of online shopping today :) Have most of my family sorted for Christmas. About 5 others to buy for then.
    It's our 14th Christmas together so hubby and I, well I decided and he agreed, we'd do a hamper for each other this year. Limit is €50. Looking forward to making it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

That’s a lovely idea Jellybear. Is it just food/drink items in the hamper or other bits too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Staph wrote: »
    That’s a lovely idea Jellybear. Is it just food/drink items in the hamper or other bits too?

Anything goes! I've just ordered a keyring with one of my favourite pics of him and our little boy and am hoping to get a couple of batman/joker tshirts as his are threadbare they get worn so much!! Will probably put in some of his favourite treats and maybe some PJs. Useful things that won't lie around the house gathering dust!!

The neighbour across the road for me has their decorations up. I’m jealous and didn’t know that the neighbour wanted a Christmas turf war but here we are.

Tub of sweets
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

My mam was supposed to make a mini Christmas dinner today because my brother is going away tomorrow and missing Christmas. But she lost the run of herself and made a FULL Christmas dinner. Like turkey, ham and beef, all the trimmings, breadsauce, even homemade cranberry sauce for feck sake!!! I'm fit to burst here! Pudding and trifle after. And now she's after breaking out a box of quality Street. So I've ticked a few things off my Christmas list anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭tscul32

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The lights are turned on this Saturday in Belfast. AND the Christmas Market is opening. It's so exciting! I can't wait to have my annual Christmas Tartiflette. :D:D:D

Saw it today....hmmmm

My mam was supposed to make a mini Christmas dinner today because my brother is going away tomorrow and missing Christmas. But she lost the run of herself and made a FULL Christmas dinner. Like turkey, ham and beef, all the trimmings, breadsauce, even homemade cranberry sauce for feck sake!!! I'm fit to burst here! Pudding and trifle after. And now she's after breaking out a box of quality Street. So I've ticked a few things off my Christmas list anyways.

Brilliant fair play to your mam, thats a brilliant send off for your brother enjoy your evening

Brilliant fair play to your mam, thats a brilliant send off for your brother enjoy your evening

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have had my first hot chocolate and we opened a 1.5kg tin of Quality Street at the weekend.

I got the decorations out of the shed Thursday. Friday we put the tree up with the help of my OH pal's kids. They also decorated it but my OH is going to un-decorate it and do it the way she wants....So it's a bit of a mess. I put the candy cane lights out the front but need a voltage converter as my one broke. I put fairy lights on the ground at the edge of garden which looks nice. Loads more to do.

I also made mulled wine to assist with the decoration. I made the baileys fudge but haven't had any yet. It was a mad weekend of work/exams/people dropping in and then barely decorating.

I see by the white christmas thread that its a possibility.

• Advertisement

Tub of sweets
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

You can mark off hot chocolate for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tub of sweets
    Mince pie
    Christmas pudding
    Baileys
    Christmas dinner
    Christmas Yule log cake

Don’t eat pudding or mince pies or drink baileys but I’ve had a few hot chocolates, opened a tin of Quality Streets

Never had a Yule log cake so that will be on my list this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Autosport wrote: »
    Don’t eat pudding or mince pies or drink baileys but I’ve had a few hot chocolates, opened a tin of Quality Streets

Never had a Yule log cake so that will be on my list this year :)

Had a taste of the Starbucks special hot chocolate, and had the festive menu Red velvet cake in insomnia today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loughc wrote: »
    The neighbour across the road for me has their decorations up. I’m jealous and didn’t know that the neighbour wanted a Christmas turf war but here we are.

Your aim should be too crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.
    If that seems excessive, they started it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

So far:
    several mokas since early September

and two mince pies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

But she lost the run of herself and made a FULL Christmas dinner.
    Lucky you and fair play to your mum !

Heroditas wrote: »
    Your aim should be too crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.
    If that seems excessive, they started it!

I think it’s only fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I must be on a go slow this year. I've been abstaining as much as possible in a vain attempt to not get fat so have done pretty much nothing in terms of christmas foodstuffs.... must make a greater effort from Dec. 1st
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Monday morning stat update.

November now is the busiest month for posts and it is only the 18th! :D

And this year is now the 2nd busiest year in terms of posts overall. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Screw you last year me. I threw the lights into a box instead of wrapping them neatly around cardboard which I normally do. Spent 1 hr untangling 1000 light set, only to find its broken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement