Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Because everyone knows it is one... :pac:

As is Gremlins... :pac:

I happen to agree, so we'll need a non believer to really get things going :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Because everyone knows it is one... :pac:

As is Gremlins... :pac:

Not this again.... no and yes. In that order!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

Die Hard for sure but Gremlin's is a new one on me. I believe I have seen it but must have been very very little, must give a it a re-watch to see if meets the criteria.

Jellies (Haribo and the like) have really missed a trick, they should put out 3kg boxes of Christmas shaped jellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's the month after next!

Yup, just checked the weather forum and the annual white Christmas thread starts on 01 November.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Jellies (Haribo and the like) have really missed a trick, they should put out 3kg boxes of Christmas shaped jellies.

Now you're talking. My second biggest weakness after biscuits........

I'm very much a jellies person, can take or leave chocolate (bars not nutella) and mainly smash the toffee quality street and only at Christmas

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Die Hard for sure but Gremlin's is a new one on me. I believe I have seen it but must have been very very little, must give a it a re-watch to see if meets the criteria.

Dealz had some of the large boxes of mixed Haribo gellies last week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Home wrote: »
    Dealz had some of the large boxes of mixed Haribo jellies last week.

Keep talking.... :pac: :D

New Home wrote: »
    Dealz had some of the large boxes of mixed Haribo gellies last week.

Frantically starting typing 'nearest Dealz to me' into google.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

major serious yen for a mince pie or three.. TOUGH, Graces! Yen away..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Keep talking.... :pac: :D

My local one had four boxes (at least four, anyway) of mixed sweets on one of the bottom shelves in the "Grab now before they're gone" area. I don't know how much they were, but they weren't €1.50.

Having said that...

https://www.sweetco.ie/haribo/
    https://www.planetcandy.ie/haribo

You're welcome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I never could get in to quality street. And boy did I try. Roses all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not to mention, if 'Die Hard' is a real Christmas movie or not..............internet will explode :D

This was already decided :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110951257&postcount=188

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi All,

I feel like I've a good handle on the coming Christmas season - Just wondered if anyone was up for maintaining a planning and general discussion thread on Christmas 2020?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Starz music station has changed to Christmas tunes already. That makes me smile

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

We ended the month with 174 more than last September and now 595 up on last year and as expected we smashed the 1,000 post mark, 2 months earlier than normal :)
    That's impressive, especially since last year was Snow Year! :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not to mention, if 'Die Hard' is a real Christmas movie or not..............internet will explode :D
    Case closed already?! Quick work, folks!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Had a wedding the weekend so that took a lot of festivities from me:D

Out with the inlaws, thought they maybe a bit meh about not hosting but nope FIL has a list of pots to go into my 'Mammys Christmas Folder' this idea was born when my daughter asked why people don't hand down recipes anymore. My mam or nanny never did so I have been asking aunts and uncles and inlaws for some, silly and all as they may be! They have been labelled & I have my own, with adjustments as I go for herself ;)

Not a big choccie person myself, but when I get the goo oh boy! Heros are my fave!

Only 2 crimbo films for me Meet me in St Louis & Wizard of oz! Yes Judy Garland fan here :D:D

They do bring out Christmas jellies, got small and large bags of them last year, but agree, missing a trick by not having big tubs of them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Home Alone 2, Film4 now

71213946_2415537162102224_3694858350685585408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQn3gkxJb_J7COO6AzV-uG-83o2WhFNc98r_1tbooNW_g__VRwQRNvTFwNfu0MNW7-A&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e69573a6ec89df35c987d86c83b430a3&oe=5E2ADEB0

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I never could get in to quality street. And boy did I try. Roses all the way.

Celebrations is grand...

Aldi are doing Halloumi wrapped in bacon.(Another form of pigs in blankets).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Aldi are doing Halloumi wrapped in bacon.(Another form of pigs in blankets).
    Hum, don't see the point of this combination.
    I find halloumi without flavour (but maybe it is just my taste buds), and of course the bacon is not suitable to vegetarians.
    Maybe some other cheese would work well though.

71217198_2416289885360285_1952834871151820800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmaRtj6akViQtegpxWwipEwDWHYnA_MwdKvMRbrhNBK86NvNSIFPb94Q0K9qaJ4cVM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=4cb276f22b075c816966da06ad9671fb&oe=5E3802E1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Did you win anything? :pac:

• Advertisement

Guys, just found out this evening myself & the Mrs have tickets for the Late Late show this coming Friday, not the toy show unfortunately (though my heart jumped when I saw the email) but hey you never know, we might get something 'seasonal' out of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement