Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That ornament is very cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Love the ornament!

I spent some time stalking the Disney Store yesterday - my sister is going to Disneyland Paris in November, I'm hoping she'll bring me back a Christmas bauble!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just realised I will need to buy two 'Baby's First Christmas' cards this year for my nephew born in March and another nibling due in December! Aww.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DvB

https://christmasfm.com/barretstown-our-official-charity-partner-for-2019/

See barretstown has been chosen as the official Christmas FM charity partner for 2019
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    https://christmasfm.com/barretstown-our-official-charity-partner-for-2019/

See barretstown has been chosen as the official Christmas FM charity partner for 2019

I literally only thought last night Christmas FM must be announcing their charity partner soon and here we are!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local Tesco have the Glade Winter air fresheners back in stock!

We're into the 110's and the days are getting shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

chuckles30 wrote: »

That has been marked in my calendar for about a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Taste of Dublin is doing a festive edition this year from the 28th November to 1st December. I'm thinking of heading to the early Friday session, drink drink drink, eat eat eat and home for the Toy Show.

• Advertisement

17 weeks today to the big day... and we've nothing ready or bought!!!!:D:D:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

NOT A CHILD IN THE HOUSE WASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Disgraceful :D:D:D

Just so people know the Crunchie in the Heroes is little bits of Honeycomb with chocolate and not a solid piece of honeycomb dipped in chocolate.(I hope that makes sense)

Just so people know the Crunchie in the Heroes is little bits of Honeycomb with chocolate and not a solid piece of honeycomb dipped in chocolate.(I hope that makes sense)

Yeah it’s Crunchie Bites not crunchie

Sounds like the malteasers in Celebrations?

Posy wrote: »

I suppose it's there take on it but malteasers are more malty!

Yeah, I mean the same concept!

Essential but not as smooth as the malteasers. More hard and crunchy if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I mean the same concept!

Yeah same concept :)

Guys, its chocolate, for christmas = all good!!!

Guys, its chocolate, for christmas = all good!!!

Oh yes!! :)

I can't wait for Chocolate season. :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh yes!! :)

I can't wait for Chocolate season. :pac:

Do you mean January to December? :pac:

I actually found a really lovely recipe for homemade chocolates the other day. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down a bit so I can test them out as an option for Christmas.

Do you mean January to December? :pac:

Personally I only allow myself Chocolate on days that end in Y. :pac:

As much as I like chocolate I can only eat it in small amounts, a tub of quality street here, a tub there, that kind of thing.

All messing aside, I actually dont eat that much of it, but there is something about christmas (& to a slightly lesser extent easter) that brings out the choccy monster in me & I eat far too much of the stuff. And at the rate I can put on weight that is not a good thing!

I actually don't eat that much chocolate either, and I'm a complete chocolate snob. Hate Cadburys. If I went into a shop I'd struggle to find a bar I'd want to eat. Kinder Bueno maybe. We buy a couple of packs of Hotel Chocolat chocolates every few weeks and I might have one in the evening.

Yea I'm a chocolate fiend... I'd eat it all day every day if I could. I've a serious sweet tooth.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea I'm a chocolate fiend... I'd eat it all day every day if I could. I've a serious sweet tooth.

I'm like that with baked goods. Bread, brownies, cookies, if I can bake it I will eat it. All of it. In one sitting. I don't though. It's very sad.

• Advertisement

I'm like that with baked goods. Bread, brownies, cookies, if I can bake it I will eat it. All of it. In one sitting. I don't though. It's very sad.

Plus one for the baked goods too...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement