Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

A couple of pics from Thursday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Headed into town to see the BT Christmas department. It’s the same every year really and we haven’t bought anything from it in a couple of years but I just get a real buzz from it. I told my boss that I was going to take a look this weekend so when I texted her to let her know I was heading home yesterday evening she replied with ‘Merry Christmas’. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New for 2019!
    68718276_2537638776301489_2460423860063830016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnAABWx-yqYOX-DA-X0IS85lpU9O8G8tpjh2RFlesu8pQGcjur8h8igZ2JRG8ERmwU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=262c18e2735c8dc3447d62ae4bed86c5&oe=5DD8A6C3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New for 2019!
    68718276_2537638776301489_2460423860063830016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnAABWx-yqYOX-DA-X0IS85lpU9O8G8tpjh2RFlesu8pQGcjur8h8igZ2JRG8ERmwU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=262c18e2735c8dc3447d62ae4bed86c5&oe=5DD8A6C3

I like it :)

Well, we're into the 120thies!

• Advertisement

Went to Newbridge Silver yesterday..... to say the Christmas Emporium us looking unloved would be an understatement. I know it's August, but for a place that is open all year round they could at least look after the displays.
    On the plus side, anyone who is after the Christmas tablewear from last year might get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭tscul32

Was in The Works during the week and they had their little Christmas craft sets out.
    I always feel as soon as the kids go back to school (one more weekðŸ˜) that Christmas is just around the corner. By the time they've settled back in I'm looking for Christmas cake and pudding ingredients. Can't wait for the smells to begin - although not the sprouts and Guinness ones.

69465641_2539620086103358_3846046795847172096_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQk_-anHXt7pFSuuxzra2eyhhxDx-4gbi5fXi6fj6-eQjAKVJxxmuPtx8mLMM25ne7Y&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=e5f1ec5f60fbea99291dc5f98f3f41ba&oe=5DD5FDA2

Anybody want to take a guess where I'll be soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Anybody want to take a guess where I'll be soon?
    Lapland ?

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Lapland ?

Brown Thomas!

I was told they'd have a lot more stock in Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all,

Anyone looking forward to the Toyshow this year?! Guessing it's gonna be on the 29th November!

Must apply for tickets again! :D

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone looking forward to the Toyshow this year?! Guessing it's gonna be on the 29th November!

Must apply for tickets again! :D

I'd love if we had a Christmas themed toy show!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'd love if we had a Christmas themed toy show!

Yes a Christmas movie themed one! Like Santa Claus: The Movie with santas workshop and Ryan could be a much padded Santa :p and the kids could be the elves!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DvB

leahyl wrote: »

Guessing it's gonna be on the 29th November!

Allegedly it hasnt been decided between that & Dec 6th, though its likely to be Nov.29th according to my RTE source ;)

Should be announced soon.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

To my eyes in house renovations at the minute and getting elf 1 ready to start school next week. Back in work the week after so things will settle down a bit and can fully get into the Christmas swing. Will be autumn then (;)) as well so will start to feel more Christmasy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Allegedly it hasnt been decided between that & Dec 6th, though its likely to be Nov.29th according to my RTE source ;)

Should be announced soon.

I’ve heard Nov 29th from my RTE source haha.

Can’t wait. I would love a Christmas Carol/Dickensian theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Mince Pies can be had right now - only in Australia though

https://www.bhg.com.au/coles-is-selling-christmas-mince-pies
    I love them and would eat them all year round !

Loughc wrote: »
    I’ve heard Nov 29th from my RTE source haha.

Can’t wait. I would love a Christmas Carol/Dickensian theme.

Getting in Grinch mode here, but I hope it's a toy themed toy show and not a stage school ad like the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto for a dickens Toy show and for it to be toy themed and not a stage school ad. As a dad of a stage schooler I see and hear enough of that incredibly enjoyable entertainment medium...

I am hoping to get an air bnb for Christmas week within walking distance from the in laws. Found a perfect one on Airbnb, sent a message and half the money only to get a reply saying they will probably sell the place so not to bother. Why the hell was it advertised then. The search goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just booked a trip to the Galway Christmas markets for a weekend in December with the girls :D We went last year the weekend of the 21st of Dec. only to find they had packed up & finished, so hopefully it'll still be up and running this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭pigtail33

otnomart wrote: »
    Mince Pies can be had right now - only in Australia though

https://www.bhg.com.au/coles-is-selling-christmas-mince-pies
    I love them and would eat them all year round !

I found two mince pies lurking in the freezer at the wknd. They hadn't been very well wrapped and tasted of "freezer". Still enjoyable all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Brown thomes
    JVVuTC6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I had a doctors appointment today and the receptionist asked for my address and date of birth, I told her and quick as a flash she says "your birthday is 20th of December does that mean you only ever get one present that week?"
    I had to laugh because she then went on to tell me her birthday is the 29th of December and it's a bad time of year to be born because no one has spare cash to get you a present and you can't have a 21st or a 40th because it's a bad time to try have an event.
    It's a silly story but it brightened up my day and made me think of this thread, is anyone else born around Christmas on here?

My Birthday is in November. It always suited me growing up because there was lots of toys out in the shops and I also got Christmas decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I've a friend who's birthday is New Years Day. She says she gets the crappiest gifts ever and she does. There's always unwanted gifts and lots of those fancy bath sets. We always have a good laugh at her gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I've a friend who's birthday is New Years Day. She says she gets the crappiest gifts ever and she does. There's always unwanted gifts and lots of those fancy bath sets. We always have a good laugh at her gifts.

That woman I was talking to today said the exact same thing!:)
    Smelly sets and crappy ornaments is all she gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭tscul32

I had a doctors appointment today and the receptionist asked for my address and date of birth, I told her and quick as a flash she says "your birthday is 20th of December does that mean you only ever get one present that week?"
    I had to laugh because she then went on to tell me her birthday is the 29th of December and it's a bad time of year to be born because no one has spare cash to get you a present and you can't have a 21st or a 40th because it's a bad time to try have an event.
    It's a silly story but it brightened up my day and made me think of this thread, is anyone else born around Christmas on here?

I hate Christmas birthdays. Mine is in July but between Nov 21st and Jan 8th I have the following family birthdays - mother in law, son2, brother, son1, sister in law, sister, xmas day, brother, son3.
    Okay, so my 3 lads are my own doing, but with the exception of me, my mam did it too. Add in the inlaws and I struggle to keep up. My mam is early Nov too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement