Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I do remember Villa leading either 4-0 or 4-1 at White Heart Lane before Spurs came back to make it 4-4.

Man City away to Spurs in the FA Cup, 3-0 down at HT, man sent off, win 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just watched a replay of the Exeter game and have spotted a few things I missed at the stadium.

Robbie Henshaw was superb. Got little to no good attacking ball but made the very best of it. His footwork going into contact was excellent. Made metres he had no right to make. He's a huge workhorse.

The other thing I noticed wasn't a positive however. Luke McGrath's service was slow. He was always just a split second too late in releasing the ball. And his box kicking was too long. Not Ben Youngs levels of poor but a metre or two too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Healy's hearing taking ages. Probably on course for a lock-in at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He got three weeks.

So a mid-range ban with typical mitigation for being a lovely boy in a lovely tie. That's right what I was expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

So a mid-range ban with typical mitigation for being a lovely boy in a lovely tie. That's right what I was expecting.

Low end offence, 2 weeks with 1 week added for poor record.

Low end offence, 2 weeks with 1 week added for poor record.

No way!

I was sure that he wouldn't be bad enough to trigger the poor record. That's mad. I suppose he does have quite a bad record.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

No way!

I was sure that he wouldn't be bad enough to trigger the poor record. That's mad. I suppose he does have quite a bad record.
    Thank you for that exclusive look at your thought process. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭scott1974

He got three weeks.

I think he can be happy enough with that. Lucky enough...
    Maybe the festive spirit took over..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Perfectly timed to return for the Champions Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'm sort of surprised how much of a love in there has been for almost every hard knockout match weve played on our way to a trophy, but no one has actually mentioned The Millenium. It wasn't the most intense match, we didn't play for 40 mins. And it wasn't the most tense in the end, we had it won for a while by the end. But **** was it sweet.

Ah without doubt the best Leinster game I've ever been to. In unforgettable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

No way!

You pay more attention to citings than most people, have you ever known someone to have weeks added on for bad record? I know he got a low initial sanction, and 3 weeks is about right. As you said, I'd have assumed he was given 4 and had it reduced. Given 2 and had it increased is interesting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

You pay more attention to citings than most people, have you ever known someone to have weeks added on for bad record? I know he got a low initial sanction, and 3 weeks is about right. As you said, I'd have assumed he was given 4 and had it reduced. Given 2 and had it increased is interesting to me.
    It isnt that interesting. Its happened quite a but. Has happened to Dylan Hartley once i think off top of my head and has happened to others and theyve had weeks added for a bad record before weeks were then taken off for other reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It isnt that interesting. Its happened quite a but. Has happened to Dylan Hartley once i think off top of my head and has happened to others and theyve had weeks added for a bad record before weeks were then taken off for other reasons

Okay, so on his last ban for the SOB incident, he got awarded 4, two were added for his priors, and one was taken off for his guilty plea. But that is actually the only example I can think of.

I just think it should happen much more often, Marler got banned for a 5th time (by my count) this time last year, and nothing was added on. Weeks were taken off for guilty plea. So I think it is interesting, and a good trend.

Okay, so on his last ban for the SOB incident, he got awarded 4, two were added for his priors, and one was taken off for his guilty plea. But that is actually the only example I can think of.

I just think it should happen much more often, Marler got banned for a 5th time (by my count) this time last year, and nothing was added on. Weeks were taken off for guilty plea. So I think it is interesting, and a good trend.

I can also only think of Hartley

Is it perhaps because it's the same offence repeatedly? I'm pretty sure most / all Healy's cards are for leading with the shoulder in rucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think he has only had two - two week bans in his career? I'm baffled, surely they can't include offenses they never prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Is it perhaps because it's the same offence repeatedly? I'm pretty sure most / all Healy's cards are for leading with the shoulder in rucks?

He had a ban for stamping on dan cole v england a few years ago. They tried to manipulate it around a pro12 game to IIRC.

Cant remember his other one. Although he should have been banned for headbutting John Hayes on the foot from the bottom of a maul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Anyone going to Limerick on Stephens Day from Tullamore or nearby? Lift required.

Will sort for fuel money etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Anyone going to Limerick on Stephens Day from Tullamore or nearby? Lift required.

Will sort for feel money etc

“Feel money”

You’re not seing yourself too well there as a fellow passenger...I suppose you are looking for a ride...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

swiwi_ wrote: »
    “Feel money”

You’re not seing yourself too well there as a fellow passenger...I suppose you are looking for a ride...

See(ing) we all can have typos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    He had a ban for stamping on dan cole v england a few years ago. They tried to manipulate it around a pro12 game to IIRC.

Cant remember his other one. Although he should have been banned for headbutting John Hayes on the foot from the bottom of a maul.
    Earlier this year he got two weeks for a very similar offence against Connacht. Around April iirc. The stamping ban was back in 2013. He got two weeks for that as well. He also got two weeks in December 2015 for kneeing Guirado in a CC match against Toulon, but afair he got away with that one on appeal because of a technicality (he was banned for something he wasn't cited for).

So that's four bans in as many years that I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He can't have any complaints. Works out fairly handily for him but I'd much rather he kept ticking over with another game. Easy to take the eye off the ball if you're not playing for a few weeks and it's Christmas. He might well find McGrath has regained the jersey by the Glasgow game.

Should give us an opportunity to start someone else for one of the upcoming fixtures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Buer wrote: »
    He can't have any complaints. Works out fairly handily for him but I'd much rather he kept ticking over with another game. Easy to take the eye off the ball if you're not playing for a few weeks and it's Christmas. He might well find McGrath has regained the jersey by the Glasgow game.

Should give us an opportunity to start someone else for one of the upcoming fixtures.

Presumably Ed Byrne.. id give all 3 LH props a start

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jack McGrath has less than 400 minutes of rugby this season including Irish duty. It was necessary to give him a break after the Lions tour but at this stage, he needs a bit of game time under his belt to try and get back to where he was. I'd give him two starts in this run of fixtures and probably Byrne the other one against Connacht.

McGrath is potentially going to start against Glasgow if Healy is cooling his heels until then so I'd like to see him get a decent opportunity to hit his stride.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Should Dooley not be getting a game over Christmas, or is he injured?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

He is behind the others.. I'd give him a start but dunno if he will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Seems to have slipped behind Ed Byrne in recent months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Burkie1203 wrote: »

I recall someone trying to muddy it up by looking to count what was to be a week off, of games, as part of the suspension.

• Advertisement

Definitely think its time now for Jack McGrath to push his way back into form, we need to give him plenty of game time to get there.

Saying that, I'm not sure he looks fully fit, may be something else going on there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement