Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Herald says Luke McGrath hit his markers last week.

Did he draw something nice?

j8N8ZkD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

j8N8ZkD.jpg

Where can I buy this T-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

A 4th star ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The hard yards today is quite good preview of the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Rejoice!!
    Stuart Lancaster is not interested in the vacant job at Harlequins and has ruled out a return to the Aviva Premiership in the immediate future. The former England head coach wants to remain involved at Leinster, who face Racing 92 in the European Champions Cup final in Bilbao on Saturday.

Leinster are confident the scrum‑half Luke McGrath will be fit for the final on Saturday and are also hopeful their international fly-half Joey Carbery will stay with them rather than relocate to Ulster. Lancaster, for one, would prefer that Carbery remains a Leinster player alongside the first‑choice No 10 Johnny Sexton. “Personally I want to keep working with Joey at Leinster. I don’t think we should change the course of someone’s direction unless it’s in the interests of the player first and foremost.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/07/stuart-lancaster-not-interested-harlequins-pledges-future-leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"Oh look, another English club are trying to headhunt me...."

"I'd like to continue working with Carbery here at Leinster...."

Ho hum....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Neil3030 wrote: »
    "Oh look, another English club are trying to headhunt me...."

"I'd like to continue working with Carbery here at Leinster...."

Ho hum....
    He's only answeringte questions he's asked. And they'd be top of the pile. Every time there's a possible vacancy in the premiership, his name is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah to be fair that article reads like he brought it up as a response to a question about England.

But in reality, I believe, he was explicitly asked whether Ross Byrne and/or Joey Carbery would be Leinster players next season in a separate question.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Early forecast not reading good for match day in Bilbao. I'd like to think that would help our chances of winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Early forecast not reading good for match day in Bilbao. I'd like to think that would help our chances of winning.

Yup, supposed to be oddly grim for Spain in May.

Whilst the sun might sap their inferior fitness levels more quickly, a wet and cloudy day could see a right battle up front which could suit our depth and really accentuate the absence of Machenaud.

Ruairidi O'Connor says Sexton is talking about playing until the 2021 Lions tour.

Great news for Ireland, not so great news for Carbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Clegg wrote: »
    Ruairidi O'Connor says Sexton is talking about playing until the 2021 Lions tour.

Great news for Ireland, not so great news for Carbery.

He doesn't have to be playing for Leinster to go on the Lions tour though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

He doesn't have to be playing for Leinster to go on the Lions tour though...

He'd have to be playing in France I'd say if he wanted a major pay rise and correct me if I'm wrong but nobody playing outside UK & Ireland has been selected for the Lions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Sexton isnt playing for another club team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Bazzo wrote: »
    He'd have to be playing in France I'd say if he wanted a major pay rise and correct me if I'm wrong but nobody playing outside UK & Ireland has been selected for the Lions.

Not many, but top of my head:

Stephen Jones
    Nathan Hines
    Riki Flutey (I'm not sure on that one)
    Leigh Halfpenny

Edit: The google machine tells me Gethin Jenkins and Mike Philips were playing in France when picked in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Stephen Jones
    Nathan Hines
    Leigh Halfpenny

Gethin Jenkins was selected in 2013 when he was with Toulon but withdrew cause of injury.

I think once they're regularly playing internationally they don't care about where the club is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Stephen Jones
    Nathan Hines
    Leigh Halfpenny

Edit: The google machine tells me Gethin Jenkins and Mike Philips were playing in France when picked in 2013.

Yeah fair enough. Were Hines and Halfpenny not both on the way back when selected though?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bazzo wrote: »

Fairly sure Tom Court was playing tiddly winks on the beach in Oz when he was selected for the Lions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Two tickets for Saturday going free to a good home - i.e. someone who will commit to putting Leinster flags in them. They’re pretty poor seats - low down in a corner. PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just a heads up theres an Aer Lingus flight Dublin to Bilbao Friday afternoon for 95e. Coming back will be an issue tho I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I wonder where Brendan Macken will end up going? Would he be worth a punt for Pro14 cover.

I wonder where Brendan Macken will end up going? Would he be worth a punt for Pro14 cover.

Not for Leinster.

From what I remember of Macken he was good for running a hard, straight line and little else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Clegg wrote: »
    Not for Leinster.

From what I remember of Macken he was going for running a hard, straight line and little else.

better than Reid.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ulster could do a lot worse than a bit of cover in the centre to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Macken didn't crack the Wasps line up. He is an average player imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Macken didn't crack the Wasps line up. He is an average player imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'd rather see some of the younger guys from the academy play centre than bring Macken back into the fold. He couldn't get proper gametime with Wasps and when he did wasn't a standout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Faugheen wrote: »
    Ulster could do a lot worse than a bit of cover in the centre to be fair

If Ulster get another Leinster player they are gonna have to change Ravenhill's name to Kingspan New Mexico Park

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If Ulster get another Leinster player they are gonna have to change Ravenhill's name to Kingspan New Mexico Park
    The boards.ie solution to every single Ulster problem is to just name a Leinster player we should sign.

Macken and Reid, both would be brilliant for the Ulster Ravens in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement