Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Kiss of death but here we go.

I don't think Leinster should be overly worried about Munster. Their pack doesn't look able to dominate opposition forwards and they make a lot of mistakes.

Of course it depends on what kind of condition Leinster are in after the Champions Cup final, but if they can play to a decent standard they should win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Clegg wrote: »
    Kiss of death but here we go.

I don't think Leinster should be overly worried about Munster. Their pack doesn't look able to dominate opposition forwards and they make a lot of mistakes.

Of course it depends on what kind of condition Leinster are in after the Champions Cup final, but if they can play to a decent standard they should win.

hangover from final.. expect a munster win

season is all about that 4th star

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Repeat of the 2011 league final, Leinster were European champs a week after the Cardiff epic and were banjaxed, so Munster won

However this time, its the the RDS, which is huge and Leinster have a deeper squad. Munster at their best can win, but they'll have to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'll be disappointed if we don't go all out to win the Pro14. The league needs to be taken seriously. Fans pay a lot of money to go to the games

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I can see us making four or five changes for the semi regardless of Bilbao. Assuming the pack is the same as the Scarlets game, I can see McGrath, Tracy, Conan and a couple of back three changes. Potentially a change at 10 also.

I would be very wary of Munster. This is probably the one fixture that they can lift themselves for and shake off the malaise we've seen of late.

Throw in the fact that Leinster could well be jaded themselves and I would make us one score favourites at best.

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    I'll be disappointed if we don't go all out to win the Pro14. The league needs to be taken seriously. Fans pay a lot of money to go to the games

they will go "all out" but its all about bilbao and a 4th star.

irishfan9 wrote: »

This really smacks of you getting the excuses in early tbh

This really smacks of you getting the excuses in early tbh

it can smack of whatever it want.. its the truth.. it comes from sexton down.. its all about europe and the 4th star.

pro 14 will be nice but its not europe.

theres no stars on the jersey for pro 14 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ah shure no hope at all. Leinster training session for the final vs Glasgow. Munster will be making up the numbers.

Ah shure no hope at all. Leinster training session for the final vs Glasgow. Munster will be making up the numbers.

Pretty much. Be glad we let you sully our hallowed turf with your wellies.

• Advertisement

Nice of you to recognise it.

Clegg wrote: »
    Nice of you to recognise it.

No hope. There's absolutely no chance Leinster will lose. Don't listen to anyone saying otherwise, they are spreading untrustworthy #FAKENEWS. Munster. No hope.

I keep thinking of ways Munster can win and I can't see it.

You could draft in Leinster's seconds and they'll give a better game than your firsts maybe?

Clegg wrote:
    You could draft in Leinster's seconds and they'll give a better game than your firsts maybe?

AKA the Munster academy.

Leinster C, or Ulster as their fans like to call them, might lend Munster a few lads too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That would be plausible if Bilbao was after the semi-final but it's not. They can go all out for Bilbao, it doesn't have to mean they can't go all out for the Pro14 too. They're professionals, they can and will refocus for a game a week later. You may not consider the Pro14 important but I guarantee the Leinster team will be very keen to do the double if/when they win in Bilbao.

Zzippy wrote:
    That would be plausible if Bilbao was after the semi-final but it's not. They can go all out for Bilbao, it doesn't have to mean they can't go all out for the Pro14 too. They're professionals, they can and will refocus for a game a week later. You may not consider the Pro14 important but I guarantee the Leinster team will be very keen to do the double if/when they win in Bilbao.

I agree generally but it's not a matter of just being able to refocus and go again. They're going to put all of their attention and energy into the final. They'll probably have a few beers after win or lose.

It is going to be a challenge for them to get themselves mentally right for the semi final. They have the ability and talent to win it and should but they aren't going to come close to replicating their intensity of the previous week. They may be professionals but they're also human.

Buer wrote: »
    I agree generally but it's not a matter of just being able to refocus and go again. They're going to put all of their attention and energy into the final. They'll probably have a few beers after win or lose.

It is going to be a challenge for them to get themselves mentally right for the semi final. They have the ability and talent to win it and should but they aren't going to come close to replicating their intensity of the previous week. They may be professionals but they're also human.

I won't fall for your cute Buerism.

I won't fall for your cute Buerism.

I can't believe you wasted your finest moment on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Think mentally it depends on the week before, lose and they will be chomping, win a real tough encounter or a Northampton type final and they may be mentally drained but if they win easily like the ulster final them they may find it easy to reset for the following week.

• Advertisement

Racing not having it all their own way. Only 7-3 up after 25 minutes. Toulouse are on top away to Clermont so Racing are going to need to guarantee a win for themselves. At the moment, it would appear that guys like Chat and Classens could be significantly involved.

Tales also gone off injured early on so Andreu is going to play most of this one, it seems.

2 tries in 5 minutes for Racing. Ignore the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

There is nothing more difficult than getting up for a second consecutive less important final but the squad is hopefully deep enough to pull it off. I'm more confident about beating racing(very confident) than Munster.

Edit: final and semi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

There is nothing more difficult than getting up for a second consecutive less important final but the squad is hopefully deep enough to pull it off. I'm more confident about beating racing(very confident) than Munster.

Edit: final and semi

I've played 2 county finals (hurling and football) a week apart. Well up for the second one. If amateurs can do it professionals can certainly do it. They can go on the piss at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think Leinster’s continual failure at pro12 final level reflects slightly poorly on them to be honest. I always thought their inability to do the double takes away from place in history somewhat. They should be able to do both is they truly are such a good squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I think Leinster’s continual failure at pro12 final level reflects slightly poorly on them to be honest. I always thought their inability to do the double takes away from place in history somewhat. They should be able to do both is they truly are such a good squad.

yeah winning 3 european cups in 4 years was really not that much of an achievement because of their failure to win the pro 12 consistently.

yeah winning 3 european cups in 4 years was really not that much of an achievement because of their failure to win the pro 12 consistently.
    He didn't even remotely say that.

Brendan Fanning reporting that Ruddock has a good chance at being involved this week.

• Advertisement

the pro12/14 is a 2nd tier competition for the squad, this has been the case always.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement