Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anybody looking for a batch of tickets for Saturday? I have a group of up to seven available without Ticketba$tard costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Anybody looking for a batch of tickets for Saturday? I have a group of up to seven available without Ticketba$tard costs.

What price are they each? Seats any use?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

how.gareth wrote: »
    What price are they each? Seats any use?

60 each. Face value
    I'll check what section they are in today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

des berry reporting luke is out

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

irishfan9 wrote: »
    des berry reporting luke is out

The journos just wake up in the morning and click this link

• Advertisement

in fairness des berry has usually been the man in know when it comes to this kinda thing or at least has been this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

At this point, I'd be very surprised to see him announced.

We'll just have to make do with what we have and our pack are going to have to do a serious job on theirs. I suppose we've a much more defensively assured back three this time around also compared to last year's semi final which should be cause for comfort.

Buer wrote: »
    At this point, I'd be very surprised to see him announced.

We'll just have to make do with what we have and our pack are going to have to do a serious job on theirs. I suppose we've a much more defensively assured back three this time around also compared to last year's semi final which should be cause for comfort.

plus we cant possibly play as badly again.. can we?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

To be fair, I think ROC confirmed it too. :D
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »
    ROC just said on OTB that he believes McGrath is fit.
    Well that just about puts the kibosh on it. rolleyes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

prawnsambo wrote: »
    To be fair, I think ROC confirmed it too. :D

FWIW, ROC was quoting Des Berry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Sanjuro wrote: »
    FWIW, ROC was quoting Des Berry.
    He was? Because they said the exact opposite of each other. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Just to flag for people, that Ideal Homes nonsense is on at the RDS this weekend, so parking around the wider Ballsbridge area is going to be tighter than usual.

Just to flag for people, that Ideal Homes nonsense is on at the RDS this weekend, so parking around the wider Ballsbridge area is going to be tighter than usual.

Is that because there will be more cars parking or just the same amount parked really badly?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Lowe is usually good for getting and/or creating 2 or sometimes 3 tries a game. It is a massive loss to not have him in the team.

Noopti wrote: »
    Lowe is usually good for getting and/or creating 2 or sometimes 3 tries a game. It would be a massive loss to not have him in the team.

Fixed your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We managed well enough without Lowe in the 4 pool games he didn't feature in. He's a loss, but not one we can't perform without.

Noopti wrote: »
    Lowe is usually good for getting and/or creating 2 or sometimes 3 tries a game. It is a massive loss to not have him in the team.

I agree. I think he's a big game player and I'm really frustrated that because of a ruling (which I can't help but feel is very inconsistent) we are missing out on seeing his talent on one of the biggest stages.

He is one of those few players who has a good chance of producing something from nothing and whilst I think we have enough strength as a squad to beat anyone without him I'd be more confident if he was there but also more excited to see what he might do.

That said, with the likely team it doesn't appear that we are hoping to sucker punch them from the fringes. We'll play more like Saracens did against us in the first half and hold onto the ball and let Scarlets deal with our carriers.

With Henshaw back in mid field we might bring Larmour into start over McFaddan but I reckon we'll play it smart, starve them of possession, create a defensive wall for when they do get the ball and break them down through controlled phase play and maybe a bit of quality off the set piece.

If the possession stats are good in our favour at 40 minutes I think we'll have a a deserved lead. If possession stats are close it's going to be a rough ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Are teams announced today or tomorrow?

Are teams announced today or tomorrow?

I'd say 30 minutes?

I'd say 30 minutes?

af032b567f0a4843e58ff87956e5f820.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Des Berry wrote:
    However, it is the unreasonable ‘non-European’ rule that limits Leinster from using all three of their antipodean signings that hurts the most.

The 'unreasonable' rule that Leinster were fully aware of. Boo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'd say 30 minutes?

Tomorrow surely? Always on the Friday unless it's a Friday game. Internationals are where it's announced at least 48 hours in advance

Bazzo wrote: »
    Tomorrow surely? Always on the Friday unless it's a Friday game. Internationals are where it's announced at least 48 hours in advance

Yeah, it's tomorrow at 12.

Yeah, that was a ridiculous statement. It's the same rule that's been around for years and that everyone else has to adhere to as well.

molloyjh wrote: »
    We managed well enough without Lowe in the 4 pool games he didn't feature in. He's a loss, but not one we can't perform without.

He's not nearly as big a loss as McGrath imo

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah, that was a ridiculous statement. It's the same rule that's been around for years and that everyone else has to adhere to as well.

Is he saying it's 'unfair' or 'unreasonable'.

Calling something that would appear to be inconsistent at best 'unreasonable' is fair game I would have thought.

Suggesting it's unfair is a very different sentiment.

I don't think he is crying about it, I can understand that it needs to be adhered to, but that doesn't mean it's a good ruling in how it impacts players from different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

We did know, but it's still a bit of a sickener. Is there a team in the champions cup with a higher percentage of home grown players than Leinster? And yet we're the only ones falling foul of this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Is he saying it's 'unfair' or 'unreasonable'.

Calling something that would appear to be inconsistent at best 'unreasonable' is fair game I would have thought.

Suggesting it's unfair is a very different sentiment.

I don't think he is crying about it, I can understand that it needs to be adhered to, but that doesn't mean it's a good ruling in how it impacts players from different locations.

I really don't think inconsistent is the right word

errlloyd wrote: »
    We did know, but it's still a bit of a sickener. Is there a team in the champions cup with a higher percentage of home grown players than Leinster? And yet we're the only ones falling foul of this rule.

We're the ones falling foul of this rule because we knowingly signed players who cause us to potentially breach it, because Fardy was such a great potential signing at the time.

Other teams don't find themselves in the same position, mostly likely specifically because of the ruling and their knowledge of how it would affect them.

It seems unfair but it's not really so long as you allow for the context of the situation we find ourselves in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

We're the ones falling foul of this rule because we knowingly signed players who cause us to potentially breach it, because Fardy was such a great potential signing at the time.

Yeah I get you. We can even hypothesize that one of the reasons we did not face much competition to sign Fardy was because many top teams already had 2 non Kolpaks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement