Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Power Bank 5,000mAh and 2.0 10,000mAh €6.20/€10.59 @ Miniinthebox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Mine arrived today after 2 months. Looks very well. There was a sticker with number to verify but landed in a bin, cant find it now :(
    Everything in Chinese, manual in Chinese, ale marking on power bank as well. No C E mark, wondering if will be allowed on the plane.

sosq wrote: »
    Mine arrived today after 2 months. Looks very well. There was a sticker with number to verify but landed in a bin, cant find it now :(
    Everything in Chinese, manual in Chinese, ale marking on power bank as well. No C E mark, wondering if will be allowed on the plane.
    They're generally allowed in carry-on. Not checked.

There are restrictions on size (in Wh) but even the 10,000mAh one is well under any limits i'm aware of. Restrictions on number per passenger also.

They may be refused if capacity can't be determined. For that reason the base of the unit should be kept in good condition (it states spec) or perhaps it should be stored in original packaging when travelling so you can easily point to the capacity if asked.

I don't imagine CE mark having any bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The original link to the product mentions that the item can't be posted to Ireland.

Thanks for the postal delays that might have given rise to various paypal refund claims. The merchant might have, as a result, stopped shipping to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They don't post to alot of countries. The reason being is that alot of their post goes via Sweden. They have now stopped transporting power banks so that could be why!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're generally allowed in carry-on. Not checked.

There are restrictions on size (in Wh) but even the 10,000mAh one is well under any limits i'm aware of. Restrictions on number per passenger also.

They may be refused if capacity can't be determined. For that reason the base of the unit should be kept in good condition (it states spec) or perhaps it should be stored in original packaging when travelling so you can easily point to the capacity if asked.

I don't imagine CE mark having any bearing.

Rated at 38.5Wh, realistically its more like 30Wh.
    The restrictions as per the Federal Aviation Administration are for lithium-ion batteries rated above “100 watt hours (Wh) per battery”
    So even a 20Ah pack is legal.

Also, I've never seen batteries being checked outside electric wheelchairs.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Rated at 38.5Wh, realistically its more like 30Wh.
    I've seen two technical reviews where it delivered a genuine 37Wh when tested properly, very close to the rated 38.5.
    Also, I've never seen batteries being checked outside electric wheelchairs.
    Inspections and confiscations are commonplace in some countries. It was not the case a few years ago but they're becoming increasingly strict due to rising number of incidents.

I have heard of low capacity power banks - clearly too small to be anything close to 100Wh - being confiscated as the inspecting authority could not see/determine capacity easily. That's why I say keep the base of the unit in good condition or keep the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Suckit wrote: »

I keep getting this message

Please check that your code has been entered correctly and try again

Do this mean that it's not genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Del007 wrote: »

I don't think so. I have never yet got a fake, but i would imagine it would be able to confirm somehow, not ask you to put it in again.. I don't know though.

https://blog.banggood.com/fake-busting-the-xiaomi-powerbank-30354.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I didnt buy from this deal but have a Xioami power bank - its a 10000mah. Is the label on the outer box or supposed to be on the product itself?

GBX wrote: »
    I didnt buy from this deal but have a Xioami power bank - its a 10000mah. Is the label on the outer box or supposed to be on the product itself?

Do you mean the 10,000 mah part? It's on the base

• Advertisement

Del007 wrote: »

A code that doesn't validate would strongly suggest that it's not genuine.

Make sure you are entering the correct code - it's a 20 digit code which is revealed when you scratch off the silver from the authenticity sticker.

The sticker itself is insanely well-printed to thwart counterfeiters. There's tiny numbers that you can barely see without a magnifier, and 'xiaomi' is written inside the brown pattern. If your sticker is blurry then it's probably fake.

I've seen two technical reviews where it delivered a genuine 37Wh when tested properly, very close to the rated 38.5.

Ive read the same, but my sample size of 1(real, 1 fake too) shows an output capacity significantly lower than them so either I got a lemon or QC has decreased or the reviewers got cherry picked samples...

My one is genuine, I had to use a different browser as it wouldn't work with chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

haven't used mine yet.

What's the charging time? I have read that for a full charge you are looking at 5 hours with a 2 amp charger and 10 hours with a 1 amp.

Trevord wrote: »
    haven't used mine yet.

What's the charging time? I have read that for a full charge you are looking at 5 hours with a 2 amp charger and 10 hours with a 1 amp.
    It takes about 50 Wh to charge it. (outputs about 38Wh)

At 5V 2A that's 5hrs.

It supports Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 (18W) and can therefore be charged quicker with an appropriate charger.

QC in is a necessity when you get to these capacity ranges.

Mine never charges at 18W but does hit 15.5W which is plenty. If you dont have one, these are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

I cant add it to my cart. Says the item does not ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Trevord wrote: »
    haven't used mine yet.

Does it not come with a charger? Do you just plug in your phone charger to it them?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

123654789 wrote: »
    Does it not come with a charger? Do you just plug in your phone charger to it them?

No these things typically do not come with a charger.

They come with a charging cable that you can use with your phone charger to charge up the powerbank.

However, many phone chargers are only 1 amp and therefore would take far longer to charge up the powerbank than if you used a more powerful charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Does anyone know what type the usb cable is and where to get a replacement usb cable for the 20000mah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Any USB cable will work. I've got some blitz cables from Geekbuying which are perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Just out of interest but how are these being shipped?

Amazon won't ship an Anker powerbank to Ireland and having signed up to An Post AddressPal to get around this I see that they say batteries are prohibited items.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

nc6000 wrote: »
    Just out of interest but how are these being shipped?

Amazon won't ship an Anker powerbank to Ireland and having signed up to An Post AddressPal to get around this I see that they say batteries are prohibited items.

Bought an Anker 26,800mAh power bank using addresspal, had no problems arrived after a week however i was on amazon prime trial so it was delivered to the facility in england the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Bought an Anker 26,800mAh power bank using addresspal, had no problems arrived after a week however i was on amazon prime trial so it was delivered to the facility in england the next day.

Thanks, I'll try the Anker from Amazon via AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

It seems to charge faster with the supplied short usb cable compared to other cables, have you any links to the ones you mentioned? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thinking of getting this one as mentioned in the O.P, can people confirm the site is legit and it's decent quality (can charge a phone 2/3/4 times?!)

Using my 9 euro Pennys one the last year or so and i've got my monies worth out of it :D Still works perfect but would like something to do more than 1 phone charge.

Would also be open to suggestions to other ones, max 25-30 euro with decent Battery, display if possible and x2 USBs

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

rizzee wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this one as mentioned in the O.P, can people confirm the site is legit and it's decent quality (can charge a phone 2/3/4 times?!)

Using my 9 euro Pennys one the last year or so and i've got my monies worth out of it :D Still works perfect but would like something to do more than 1 phone charge.

Would also be open to suggestions to other ones, max 25-30 euro with decent Battery, display if possible and x2 USBs

This arrived this morning for me
    Seems to do what you want and is cheaper with free postage.

https://www.mymemory.ie/anker-3a-powercore-10400mah-portable-power-bank-with-poweriq.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks for that. I could live without a digital display I suppose! Can you confirm fast charge works on the phone? I notice in the description it says it could charge a S6 x3 times. So it must be a couple of years old? I've a S8 .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

PowerIQ is not Quick Charge (which the S8 supports).

PowerIQ will charge an S8 in 2 hours. (https://www.anker.com/deals/poweriq)

Using Quick Charge you should fill your phone in 20-30mins less, but the first 10-30% will fill much faster than with PowerIQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Why are there so few of these powerbanks using USB C when almost all phones do now?!

Advertisement