Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Power Bank 5,000mAh and 2.0 10,000mAh €6.20/€10.59 @ Miniinthebox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

I was looking up this and similar threads yesterday as I was wondering what to do about the phone I ordered from AliExpress on 11th November which apparently arrived into Ireland since 1st Dec.

Anyway, decided to give it another week or 2.

It arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

JustMac wrote: »
    I ordered from AliExpress on 11th November which apparently arrived into Ireland since 1st Dec.

Anyway, decided to give it another week or 2.

It arrived this morning!

Also worth noting that customs are slow at the best times of the year. This time of year they are even slower. I ordered a kids toy, can not remember it's name, it pops up and does silly things. It was €17. It is still not here, but tracking shows it arriving in Dublin on Friday 8th. In customs ever since. No batteries in it (did no go by ship).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Has anyone got the post? Ordered on Nov.23; still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Gave up and got PayPal refund last week

Get Anker one on Amazon with addresspal from an post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

mac.in wrote: »
    Has anyone got the post? Ordered on Nov.23; still waiting.

nothing arrived yet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

Nothing for me either so far.

Ordered on Nov 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Nothing for me either and have received numerous other items from China that were ordered before and after this, 2 months wait is enough, PayPal dispute opened

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Ordered this one on Ali express. Took 2 weeks to deliver and is the genuine article. Top class.

Original Xiaomi Power Bank 20000mAh 2C Portable Charger Support QC3.0 Dual USB Mi External Battery Bank 20000 for Mobile Phones
    Original Xiaomi Power Bank 20000mAh 2C Portable Charger Support QC3.0 Dual USB Mi External Battery Bank 20000 for Mobile phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Ordered but didn't pay with paypal.

Having no luck with getting a refund out of their customer services, any other options or just write it off?

Ordered but didn't pay with paypal.

Having no luck with getting a refund out of their customer services, any other options or just write it off?

Did you use a credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

jeffk wrote: »
    Did you use a credit card?

Debit Card

Debit Card

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/disputed-card-transactions-chargeback/

Going forward Id sign up for Paypal,even if via direct debt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mine arrived this morning. IIRC I ordered on 23/11/17.

Mine arrived this morning too.

Ordered on 23/11/17

Mine arrived

Same order date as the rest

Anyone who got a paypal refund should send it (the refund) back.

I know some might try to internally justify it by saying "well i'm keeping the refund because it took 9 weeks!" but it's not the shops fault that post from China is crazy slow at the moment. They don't control the parcel once it leaves their warehouse.

It's also not the shops fault if people choose the cheapest untracked shipping option. That's your choice.

Anyone who got a paypal refund should send it back.

I know some might try to internally justify it by saying "well i'm keeping the refund because it took 9 weeks!" but it's not the shops fault that post from China is crazy slow at the moment. They don't control the parcel once it leaves their warehouse.

It's also not the shops fault if people choose the cheapest untracked shipping option. That's your choice.

E6.50 on an post at a guess to send it back with no guarantee it will arrive

Don't forget to tell the company so they can in say a month or two report you to PayPal or the like demanding the E10

SO that's nearing double the price of the powerbank to be a good samaritan

Yes people chose the cheapest postage, which is usually a month.
    People can only go on posting it when they said, its over two months now, so either they lied about shipping date or they have some serious delay issues compared to other sites

jeffk wrote: »
    E6.50 on an post at a guess to send it back with no guarantee it will arrive

Don't forget to tell the company so they can in say a month or two report you to PayPal or the like demanding the E10

SO that's nearing double the price of the powerbank to be a good samaritan

FYI I mean send the refund back. Not the power bank. You paid for a power bank and you got one.
    Yes people chose the cheapest postage, which is usually a month.
    People can only go on posting it when they said, its over two months now, so either they lied about shipping date or they have some serious delay issues compared to other sites

"Lied about shipping" :confused:

I already told you several times that postage delays are nothing to do with one particular Chinese company. And their delivery times are estimates based on what the shipping companies are telling them.

I ordered a Xiaomi Power Bank around the same time from Banggood which came the other day after 8 weeks. A bunch of other things I have ordered from various stores (Gearbest, Fasttech etc) in Nov took 6 or even 7 weeks. There is a whole thread on the Online Shopping section about postal delays. Sucks but that's just the way it is at the moment. Of course there are exceptions but generally untracked packets from China are taking ages to get here since Nov.

Well you should have said refund, also I said either, I didn't straight out say lied about shipping

As one customer has said about refusing a refund as he hadn't used payal, I had the same issues, ah sure just wait, hoping it turned up or Id stop trying.
    If the company was any way pleasant id make the effort to try and send the money back

I've ordered a few things myself, ALWAYS a month has been the cut off date, this is the first that's taken over two months. Probably be one of the last as not worth the hassle of watching the postman week after week

mine arrived this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great news, I need one next month.

Has anyone checked the qr code to see if it's a genuine Xaoimi product?

Thargor wrote: »

I will check that this evening, didn't have time this morning.

yes it is, just checked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great result then, that's a damn good bargain.

yep all good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

how do you check if it's genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Del007 wrote: »
    how do you check if it's genuine?

https://www.mi.com/verify/

Anyone who got a paypal refund should send it (the refund) back.

Apart at all from the honesty issue, if you ordered via registered post they will have a record of you receiving it.

9 weeks is by no means the longest wait for a parcel from China. The fact that its a battery may also have been a factor - lots of concerns these days about fire risk.

Trevord wrote: »
    Apart at all from the honesty issue, if you ordered via registered post they will have a record of you receiving it.

9 weeks is by no means the longest wait for a parcel from China. The fact that its a battery may also have been a factor - lots of concerns these days about fire risk.
    Yep, i've noticed it's getting hard (and more expensive) to buy lithium batteries from China lately. 18650s, powerbanks, lipos etc. They often take different routes or broken-up multi-leg because most airlines won't accept them.

Again, nothing to do with the seller in China.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »

checked mine.verified as the real deal .

Advertisement