Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Power Bank 5,000mAh and 2.0 10,000mAh €6.20/€10.59 @ Miniinthebox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Site looks a bit dodgy. Can I enter the code after I've checked out with paypal? Doesn't seem like that'd be likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I ordered it.
    Used paypal and got it for €10.59 .

Anyone used the site before,what is delivery times like ?

Site looks a bit dodgy. Can I enter the code after I've checked out with paypal? Doesn't seem like that'd be likely.

If you have checked out then you would already have paid .
    Code is nweded for the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thanks OP good price

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got it for a tenner, thanks OP, needed one for work.

Miniinthebox are fine, I've bought cheap drones and a couple of other things over the years, interesting to see if this is a fake at this price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yep (already answered).
    Site is good, I have used them a lot of times. Shipping is the same as others, sometimes fast, sometimes 3-4 weeks. Some items on the site do not have free shipping, They usually take around 2 weeks.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Got it for a tenner, thanks OP, needed one for work.

Miniinthebox are fine, I've bought cheap drones and a couple of other things over the years, interesting to see if this is a fake at this price.

Yeah, Miniinthebox are originally the 'smaller gadget' side of Lightinthebox which were originally lifestyle and fashion.
    Now they pretty much sell similar items throughout.
    I have not heard of or received any fake items from them, but it is not to say that dodgy sellers are not getting through some sites. These and Banggood seem to be clean so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Probably stupid, but where do you type in the code?

Still Ill wrote: »

Add it to cart and then go Proceed to Check Out.

You will see subtotal,total etc and above that is "Have a coupon".
    Its in the order summary box.
    Easy missed .

Still Ill wrote: »

When you go to pay (After "Proceed to payment"), under 'payment method' there is a place to enter the code.

https://snag.gy/8Y3nmt.jpg

Edited. just saw yabadabado already answered, but i will leave this here anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone received theirs? I logged in and it says payment pending, even though I paid by paypal and have confirmation of that. :mad:

• Advertisement

Checked mine there.
    Has ordered on 22/11/17 and marked as shipped 23/11/17.

I doubt ill have it before xmas but im in no panic.

Mine was shipped on 25/11 and after reading this I certainly dont expect to see it till after Christmas!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105488435&postcount=680

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any sign of this arriving?

Have to keep reminding myself I did buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jcarver

jeffk wrote: »
    Any sign of this arriving?

Have to keep reminding myself I did buy it

Ordered both without tracking, no sign of them here either was meant to be a Christmas gift and all.

Anything we can do or is it just a write off?

Merry Christmas all!

It will arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Suckit wrote: »
    You must use the codes to get the price to drop.
    Also, if you want these prices, Untick shipping insurance and Tracking.

The normal (NOT 2.0 Quick Charge) Ultra-Thin 5,000mAH Xiaomi Power Bank is https://www.miniinthebox.com/xiaomi-power-bank-5000mah-mi-portable-charger-slim-powerbank-5000-for-iphone-xiaomi-huawei-mobile-phones_p5642842.html
    €6.20 with Code 5DA62EB543
    • Battery capacity: 3.7V 5000mAh
    • Interface: Micro USB(input), USB(output)
    • Input: 2.0A(TYP) DC 5V
    • Output: 2.1A DC 5.1V
    • Charging time: about 3 hours with 5V/2A charger
    • Charge temperature: 0℃-45℃
    • Discharge temperature: -20℃~+60℃
    • Weight: 150g

10,000mAh https://www.miniinthebox.com/xiaomi-power-bank-pro-10000mah-mi-powerbank-pro-10000-slim-usb-type-c-faster-charge-for-iphone6s-xiaomi-mi5-mi4_p5642836.html
    €10.59 with Code 45E33290EA
    This is the Quick Charge version 2.0 of the Power Bank.
    • Super large capacity 10000mAh portable power bank
    • Bidirectional quick charge, more effective, whether it is charging or discharging
    • Support small current discharging, suitable for Bluetooth headset and Millet bracelet
    • Aluminium alloy housing, round edge design
    • LED indicator lights show you the power status
    • Support charging and discharging simultaneously
    • Fashionable appearance outlook design, ultra slim body
    • Built-in multiple protections

Don't forget to untick Tracking and insurance to get these prices.

How to tell the fakes?
    Xiaomi Official link: http://hd.mi.com/f/zt/hd/2014082602/index.html
    Xiaomi Officail Product Authentication link: http://www.mi.com/verify/

Any of these support USB 3 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

codes aren't working now..

Opened Paypal dispute, a month should be more than long enough to wait

Opened Paypal dispute, a month should be more than long enough to wait

Generally when buying from China, if you have opted for the cheapest (free?) untracked shipping then you should wait at least 60 days before opening a paypal dispute.

Opening a dispute after a month is senseless, especially at this time of year. The store you ordered from have no control over the postal service.

Generally when buying from China, if you have opted for the cheapest (free?) untracked shipping then you should wait at least 60 days before opening a paypal dispute.

Opening a dispute after a month is senseless, especially at this time of year. The store you ordered from have no control over the postal service.

The slowest I ever got was a month, its past that now

I'm sick watching the post/calendar and don't want to forget and end up with no power bank/refund.

ONLY ten yes, but throw ten or so on and guaranteed good one off Amazon(I did and this was spur of moment/backup)

• Advertisement

I'm sick watching the post/calendar and don't want to forget and end up with no power bank/refund.

ONLY ten yes, but throw ten or so on and guaranteed good one off Amazon(I did and this was spur of moment/backup)

Untracked parcels from China take an average of 3-4 weeks most of the year. That slows down to 5-6 weeks during busy season.

That's the average, so of course there's ones that come sooner or later.

Something that was ordered on the 23rd Nov (and presumably shipped a day or two later?), this week is the earliest it was likely to come. I wouldn't have even considered opening a dispute until end of Jan.

Have a read of the link I put up in post 13. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Have recieved a lot of other Chinese stuff that I ordered a lot more recently than this aswell.

They replied via payapl

Can you not reply here as not online much and wait 180 days

Even by China etc ordering standards thats a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

180 days is way too long. Max is 60 - by aliexpress standards in busy months.I just get something that was sent 16.11

Yeah, some items can take 60 days (but that would be long).

11.11 sales, Black Friday, and Christmas shoppers would surely slow down a lot. Also may be the reason for some items being mislaid.

If no tracking, try emailing them. They usually have a way to track items (larger container everything was packed in).

I wouldn't wait 180 days because that's the paypal dispute window.

I wait 60 and at that point I contact seller informing them of non-arrival and asking what they intend to do. If they don't respond to my query I open a paypal dispute.

You've started the 20 day clock by opening the paypal dispute (too early imo) so in your situation I would tell the seller that you are willing to wait the 20 days to see if the item arrives. Keep communication on the paypal dispute page and make sure your replies are polite and reasonable. If it doesn't come within 20 days, escalate the claim. (make sure to escalate the claim before the 20 day window closes)

I wouldn't wait 180 days because that's the paypal dispute window.

I wait 60 and at that point I contact seller informing them of non-arrival and asking what they intend to do. If they don't respond to my query I open a paypal dispute.

You've started the 20 day clock by opening the paypal dispute (too early imo) so in your situation I would tell the seller that you are willing to wait the 20 days to see if the item arrives. Keep communication on the paypal dispute page and make sure your replies are polite and reasonable. If it doesn't come within 20 days, escalate the claim. (make sure to escalate the claim before the 20 day window closes)

I'm used to Paypal disputes thanks, I think 20 days from now is getting near two months, so should be WELL here by then and if not then they cant say oh wait

Be thinking twice about using this site again, even with Christmas shouldn't be this slow

No way would i wait near 180 days.

Having waited 40 days already, that is a bit slow, even with all of the sales, but not crazy slow. I would at this stage be more likely to blame postal service that they used. There are many threads on different forums talking about delays from many Asian sites.

This would not (yet) put me off buying from any particular site (especially at this time of year) but if i decided to use the site again and had a similar experience, then i may not be inclined to use them again.

It would also depend on how they dealt with it. I would not expect them to refund or send a new item this early.

• Advertisement

Be thinking twice about using this site again, even with Christmas shouldn't be this slow
    I agree, in an ideal world it shouldn't be.

But the reality is that it is (this slow). Untracked parcels from China always take longer than normal this time of year. It is nothing to do with a specific seller.

11.11 is a huge online shopping date in China, it puts enormous numbers of parcels into their postal system in a single day and takes weeks for the congestion to ease. And then our own postal system gets snowed under and congested with Chinese parcels closer to xmas. Everybody orders way more Chinese tat than normal for stocking fillers etc.

It means there's a window - stretching from Nov to Jan - where untracked parcels can take several weeks longer than mid-year. 5-6 weeks is not unusual ... I've had stuff show up this week which shipped 7 weeks ago. It's just the way it goes.

Advertisement