Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Still waiting on vinyl from U2 site,well gone beyond a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Sonny678

Anyway I'm going to give up the music forum on boardsie. It's not really working out. It's taking up to much time and I think Im annoying to many people on the forum.
    Apologies to anyone I did annoy it was definitely was not intentional. I do have tendency to ramble on a bit. But I am passionate about music . I must say I enjoyed talking to fellow U2 and music fans. Anyway take care and enjoy the Christmas. Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Sonny678 wrote: »
    Anyway I'm going to give up the music forum on boardsie. It's not really working out. It's taking up to much time and I think Im annoying to many people on the forum.
    Apologies to anyone I did annoy it was definitely was not intentional. I do have tendency to ramble on a bit. But I am passionate about music . I must say I enjoyed talking to fellow U2 and music fans. Anyway take care and enjoy the Christmas. Peace.

I enjoy your posts. Keep posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Sonny678 wrote: »

Ah you don't ramble at all! No one is forced to read your opinions or anyone else's. You'll want to come back when they release that top secret industrial/goth/blues/metal album they have hidden away.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

psychozeb wrote: »

Hopefully when the pre-sale comes we'll be happy

Edit: Mines at home waiting for me. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Which one? Was it the Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection?

Ordered mine May 3rd and f**k all since on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Didn't even get a ****ing "Redeem" option!

Snarky Snark Snark

Didn't even get a ****ing "Redeem" option!

Wouldn't worry too much, i did, used it and as above, didn't get a ****ing thing since :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Ya I'm also waiting on the vinyl. Ordered it about a month ago at this stage.

• Advertisement

Just opened my SOE vinyl that I ordered from the U2 store and theres no download card in it, despite being on the hype sticker.

Im sure theyll just send me a link but... annoying.

Vinyl is lovely though!

Hopefully when the pre-sale comes we'll be happy

Edit: Mines at home waiting for me. Yay.

Won't be getting my hopes up for the pre sale after experience and innocence groups are finished. My SOE vinyl arrived today.

They were due to be sent out this month,waiting on them also.

Won't be getting my hopes up for the pre sale after experience and innocence groups are finished. My SOE vinyl arrived today.

Did yours come with a download card?

Did yours come with a download card?

Yeah,voucher in mine in the back sleeve.It was fairly wedged in though and it is on a clingy type of paper.had a job getting it out.

Snarky Snark Snark

Just opened my SOE vinyl that I ordered from the U2 store and theres no download card in it, despite being on the hype sticker.

i might be wrong here, but i think that means you're allowed to pirate the funk out of it.

i might be wrong here, but i think that means you're allowed to pirate the funk out of it.

I sent them a quick email just explaining I got no card (I saw a couple of other people on Twitter had the same issue)

They basically said "the card would be inside the sleeve"....

Where do they think I looked, the post box?!

I sent them a quick email just explaining I got no card (I saw a couple of other people on Twitter had the same issue)

They basically said "the card would be inside the sleeve"....

Where do they think I looked, the post box?!

If you don't get sorted you can have mine.

If you don't get sorted you can have mine.

Ah sound but I'm sure they'lll just send me a link! Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

A realistic look at this famous U2 band

https://www.rte.ie/amp/926887/?__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

All well said. Sums up my exact feelings. I'd feel like a right tit getting emotional at their current output, studio or live. Would be like getting all emotional leaving the Apple Store with a new phone.

It is an album of bluster, blandness and emptiness, a record which exists not because there is a desperate need for it to exist as an expression of four middle-aged men’s inner turmoil, confusion and angst, but because there was a gap in the last quarter of the financial year for it. Every U2 album from the last decade and a half has been a bust and Songs Of Experience continues this luckless, shoddy run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It’s like someone who breaks up with a person, and for the next 20 years comments on how old they are getting and how tired they are compared to that sexy 20 year old they fell in love with :pac:

Imagine there are other bands to be so strangely interested in considering you don’t like their output since 1997....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Wooderson

**Jimmy C not liking U2 shocker.**

Well, I expected a more positive article....

Granted, he hates the band and has always bashed them but, yano...

I'm all for people liking and dislike music but, when the entire article basically says
    "I wanna know every detail of their tax affairs"
    "They're old"
    "How dare they promote their album!"
    "Why should we care they have music out?"
    "How dare they put music on phones"
    "Album is **** because it's not filled with songs about being angst and anger at being in your 50s"

I tend to switch off.

Kind of reminds of the bull**** critics used to say "Haha Quo and ACDC are ****e because they only ever play 3 chords"

Thanks for posting, The Nal.

Songs of Experience has to be one of the more uplifting albums I've gotten in a while. It's a fantastic listen straight through really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm more and more impressed the better I get to know it. I really do think it might be their best since POP.

I'm more and more impressed the better I get to know it. I really do think it might be their best since POP.

It's my favourite from start to finish since POP easily. SOI is a close second, but it's a complete package for me, and flows well and doesn't let up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

It's my favourite from start to finish since POP easily. SOI is a close second, but it's a complete package for me, and flows well and doesn't let up.

It's one of their most complete, that's for sure, hard to think of a track I'd skip.
    Think Love is Bigger would have made a better lead off single though, U2 are there most anthemic.

I pre ordered my CD for the pre sale code. Still hasn't arrived.

Was dispatched and all three weeks ago. Still have the vinyl though.

Still love that quiet part in RFD.

• Advertisement

On a side note, this was released on Spotify today..

Anyone who says or thinks U2 have lost it, I kindly point you to this and say you're wrong.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6if1ZC9VUv7G6cQpSTGiST?si=EQ61_RqJSOeFnErLBJyCtg

Advertisement