Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't know if anyone saw the Late Late tonight, a tribute to Sharon Shannon, Adam was on it - wouldn't have believed it was him til I heard the voice. Looks like Tom Hanks in Cast Away

A tribute to Sharon Shannon ?? Jesus what has Irish TV come too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Sad about @u2. I remember using that site a bit as a teenager in the early 00s. I never used the forum though. I always used the u2.interference forum. Anyone else use those? I enjoyed those a lot. I haven't used it in years though. The forums are still going though.

I remember there being a website youtwo.com aswell but that finished up a long time ago, probably early 00s.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

For anyone who was there - here's a new multi-camera mix of Stay from Nov 9th 2018 in Dublin.

Hope you may enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭fafy

Yeah was sad to see. Used their forum for a bit but it went to sh!t like most forums due to power hungry mods.

The website was great during tours but that too lost its way. Their Twitter has been my go to for the past few years, and this thread :D

Apparently Reddit is where all the kewl kids r now.

I wonder what the legal issues were. They confirmed it wasn't anything to do with U2 themselves who they were quite friendly with.

The closure of atu2 is a long story, but basically, there were 'Potential" legal issues from magazine articles which they published, without permission. Matt the editor of the site, left a few years back, and the site domain was registered to him personally, so there may have been possible legal suits against him personally, which as he had left the site a few years back, was not something he was prepared to risk - can't blame him. Its a pity, as while there was a lot of mega idiot fans, but there was also great articles. As far as I know, it was one of the longest run, fansites - ever, 26 years it ran from 1995 to 2020.

www.U2songs.com

https://twitter.com/u2songs?s=20

is currently one of the most informative website/twitter account for news, releases etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

bonoman66 wrote: »
    For anyone who was there - here's a new multi-camera mix of Stay from Nov 9th 2018 in Dublin.

Hope you may enjoy it.

Was there, incredible performance. Their best since Vertigo tour for me. They were always sharp in the meantime but something had always felt a little tired or forced. Even the Belfast E+I show was not at the level of the above show. They just seemed on it!

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    The closure of atu2 is a long story, but basically, there were 'Potential" legal issues from magazine articles which they published, without permission. Matt the editor of the site, left a few years back, and the site domain was registered to him personally, so there may have been possible legal suits against him personally, which as he had left the site a few years back, was not something he was prepared to risk - can't blame him. Its a pity, as while there was a lot of mega idiot fans, but there was also great articles. As far as I know, it was one of the longest run, fansites - ever, 26 years it ran from 1995 to 2020.

www.U2songs.com

https://twitter.com/u2songs?s=20

is currently one of the most informative website/twitter account for news, releases etc.

Awesome, thanks for that! Can't stand Reddit so will use that to keep an eye on things. Yeah Matt seemed a great guy, sent him some U2 news before and he was very friendly and courteous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pop is 24 years old today.
    Where does the time go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Pop is 24 years old today.
    Where does the time go ?

Thats mad, I remember part time working after school in superquinn then aged 16 and getting Pop on Cd with my first wage. Good Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

martin101 wrote: »
    Thats mad, I remember part time working after school in superquinn then aged 16 and getting Pop on Cd with my first wage. Good Times.

Great album. Great gigs. Great times

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know a bit pointless at present - but were there any rumours on U2s - next step

Tour / Album / break up / break.

I'd say US will be out of all this first ?

• Advertisement

I know a bit pointless at present - but were there any rumours on U2s - next step

Tour / Album / break up / break.

I'd say US will be out of all this first ?

Apparently there's a concert film done and awaiting release of one of the shows they done on the Joshua Tree revisited tour. Lets hope its finally released this year

Reckon they prob won't tour til they release a new album, anyone's guess at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I wonder did we see the last of the big long tours. They were on the road for nearly 4 out of 5 years. They must be wrecked. I thought bono in particular looked worn out towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Apparently there's a concert film done and awaiting release of one of the shows they done on the Joshua Tree revisited tour. Lets hope its finally released this year

Reckon they prob won't tour til they release a new album, anyone's guess at this stage

Hard to know. They've been quiet so could well be working away on something. They're not doing anything else after all so could they drop a new album perhaps? Wouldn't be like them to do that without being able to do the tour in support of it and the whole shebang of media appearances that normally accompany it.

Having said that, McCartney did it and got a hit album.

I'd say they'll release something before long - maybe just a live DVD to keep the profile up, a good excuse to write about them and a few pounds coming in...

Bono looked worryingly shook on the late late before Christmas. He looked about twenty years older than Edge sitting beside him.

I think, and I hope, for a more stripped back U2. I much preferred the last tour to the Joshua tree one, which I felt was a misstep.

We could well have seen the last mega tour from them though. Maybe they might have one more album in them. The long rumoured songs of ascent.

I wonder did we see the last of the big long tours. They were on the road for nearly 4 out of 5 years. They must be wrecked. I thought bono in particular looked worn out towards the end.

The 12 year touring contract with Livenation ended last year and from what I understand the contract wasnt renewed.
    The ticket sales for the last leg in the US were poor enough due to saturating the market and price gouging.
    Europe was underplayed on recent tours.

The band might be more flexible now with touring although they still have that slimeball Oseary as manager.

I could see a new tour starting in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

For anyone who was there on Tues Nov 6th 2018..
    Hope you might enjoy.

I know many preferred this one was dropped in favour of Gloria but I still thought it was a good track live..

Adam is doing his best God impression

EvpTtJ7XcAA9MqU?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mehico

mrk75 wrote: »
    Hard to know. They've been quiet so could well be working away on something. They're not doing anything else after all so could they drop a new album perhaps? Wouldn't be like them to do that without being able to do the tour in support of it and the whole shebang of media appearances that normally accompany it.

This could be the band's opportunity to release an album that they do not have to worry about recreating live. I think I remember Brian Eno saying something along the lines that he tried to get them create music like this as far back as the recording of the Joshua Tree album but the band themselves only wanted to try to create music they could play live.

Watching the fan club DVD

The song called 'Dirty Day' that wasn't played in Dublin afaik ?. Deff wasn't on Dublin night 2 that I was at

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

They will probably do a retirement your every year like the rolling stones
    Bono struggles now on the high notes

• Advertisement

Deseras wrote: »
    They will probably do a retirement your every year like the rolling stones
    Bono struggles now on the high notes

Adam is only 5 years off the pension, 61 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The song called 'Dirty Day' that wasn't played in Dublin afaik ?. Deff wasn't on Dublin night 2 that I was at

Played at the last 2 shows in Dublin and the final one in Berlin. Was a class intro to the Berlin section of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Adam is only 5 years off the pension, 61 today.

Has he got enough stamps paid in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

yep was played both nights !

https://www.u2gigs.com/show2145.html
    https://www.u2gigs.com/show2146.html

https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-the-virtual-road/

Be cool if they remastered the picture on Red Rocks and Popmart

https://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-the-virtual-road/

Be cool if they remastered the picture on Red Rocks and Popmart

Thanks for the heads up on this, Christ it's glorious. Wonderful remaster of the greatest gig ever!

Thanks for the heads up on this, Christ it's glorious. Wonderful remaster of the greatest gig ever!

yeah watching it now with a few bottles, christ that version of all i want is you going into Streets is wonderful

Pity i wasn't all enough for that slane show

It looks like DVD upscaled to HD, sound is excellent though.

I remember the day well.

yeah watching it now with a few bottles, christ that version of all i want is you going into Streets is wonderful

Pity i wasn't all enough for that slane show

Luckily was there, my mug even makes an appearance on the DVD :D the stars aligned that day. The weather, Ireland winning, brilliant support acts, the band truly on fire and pretty much at their peak.

• Advertisement

Luckily was there, my mug even makes an appearance on the DVD :D the stars aligned that day. The weather, Ireland winning, brilliant support acts, the band truly on fire and pretty much at their peak.

The joys of been able to have that freedom

Saw U2 on the last 3 tours with only Croke Park having support by Noel Gallagher but the pub crawl of that day helped the atmosphere and the new age of these super fans travelling regiously to concerts.

Was this 'super fan' thing around in the late 90s/early 2000s ?

Advertisement