Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fafy wrote: »
    they might package that in with E & I dvd- speculation of course !

Id murder for that right now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

While we await official releases, this is well worth checking out.
    U2start.com have links to 548 full shows over the years

https://u2start.com/shows/videos/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

lazer.blue wrote: »
    While we await official releases, this is well worth checking out.
    U2start.com have links to 548 full shows over the years

https://u2start.com/shows/videos/

The one they have for the last Dublin show in 2018 is majestic. The audio may as well be soundboard, its phenomenal.

Edit: I just saw it's already been mentioned above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

The one they have for the last Dublin show in 2018 is majestic. The audio may as well be soundboard, its phenomenal.

Edit: I just saw it's already been mentioned above!

You’re right about the quality of the 2018 Dublin show.
    The Paris show from 2015 ( the penultimate gig of the Innocence tour) is spectacular too.
    The Amsterdam recording of the JT Tour of 2017 is excellent also.

Renewed my u2 fan club account and got an on demand stream of the full Berlin show and DVD of the same show

Doubt I'll be getting the chance to buy tickets for a gig on this renewal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Renewed my u2 fan club account and got an on demand stream of the full Berlin show and DVD of the same show

I hold on to my membership anyway because any future pre-sale will be tiered so that longer-standing members get first dibs before more recently joined folk...like maybe a day ahead or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I can't find the on-demand stream .. have you a link ?

v10 wrote: »
    I can't find the on-demand stream .. have you a link ?

https://www.u2.com/stream/LiveInBerlin

Sign into you account to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

https://www.u2.com/stream/LiveInBerlin

Sign into you account to see it

Thanks, this wasn't there last time I checked a few weeks back. It was only showing me a preview even when logged in. All good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its 2 years today since the run of four 3Arena concerts started.
    Time flies.

Hopefully we see the band back there in a few years time.

• Advertisement

Its 2 years today since the run of four 3Arena concerts started.
    Time flies.

Hopefully we see the band back there in a few years time.

Yeah time flies went to the Tuesday night, great show and setlist

With Trump gone who will get the political bashing now . Think this current indoor stage format has been brought as far as it can and new ideas will be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

With Trump gone who will get the political bashing now .

Bono will be licking up to Biden and Pelosi , he made an awful show of himself a few months back praising Pelosi and talking absolute verbal diarrohea .

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1304960538745724930

The atmosphere around Dublin for a u2 show is amazing, Those superfans are a mixed bunch but they create a good atmosphere around. Loved the events in The Church Bar

Good times and by god would i kill to be back there away from these bloody times

Very nice packaging for the fan club DVD which arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Very nice packaging for the fan club DVD which arrived today

I can't understand why this hasn't been put on general release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I can't understand why this hasn't been put on general release.

I suppose that in the years when there are no gigs happening, members have to get some exclusivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

It used to be a struggle to get them to release epic gigs back in the day when people still bought DVDs (slane for example). Very much doubt we'll see any big DVD/Blu-ray releases from them anymore.

It used to be a struggle to get them to release epic gigs back in the day when people still bought DVDs (slane for example). Very much doubt we'll see any big DVD/Blu-ray releases from them anymore.

Youtube has been a blessing in that regard with some very good fan made recordings been uploaded

Apparently there is a pro shot Joshua Tree revisited show that is due for release but anyone's guess of when it comes out

Youtube has been a blessing in that regard with some very good fan made recordings been uploaded

Apparently there is a pro shot Joshua Tree revisited show that is due for release but anyone's guess of when it comes out

The downside of that though is that it just reinforces the behavior of people taking out their phones at gigs. It's a ghastly sight, and it sucks the atmosphere out of a crowd as it means the full crowd isn't engaged like it used to be pre smart phones.

Since Covid, I've got into collecting U2 records/box sets/DVDs a lot. My collection is taking shape now.

Albums

I've always had every album on CD, but now I have every album on vinyl up to Zooropa (excluding Wide Awake in America, which I've never bothered getting on CD either). Most are reissues, other than Under a Blood Red Sky and The Unforgettable Fire which are old pressings.

Singles

I always had Stuck in a Moment, Elevation and HMTMKMKM on CD from my teenage years, but have fleshed it out now with some 12 inch and 7 inch vinyl. All from the 80s, mainly Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum singles, but also Pride, Two Hearts, and New Year's Day, along with the recent reissue of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

DVDs

I always had Slane and Vertigo, along with some VHS videos. I've filled out the collection now and bought absolutely everything they've ever released commercially on DVD.

Box sets

These are my favourite. I always had The 25th Anniversary Box Set of Unforgettable Fire and the 20th Anniversary Box Set of The Joshua Tree. I've recently ordered the 1977-1984 Box Set containing 2008 deluxe editions of Boy, October and War on eBay, and decided to treat myself to a Christmas present by ordering the 20th anniversary super deluxe of Achtung Baby from eBay.

I'm waiting for the price to drop substantially before getting the ATYCLB box set. It's overpriced for what's in it to be honest.

Any other U2 collectors among us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve a pretty big collection. A a rare Joshua Tree first pressing CD which was my first purchase then from Achtung I bought everything going till a few albums ago, I just couldn’t justify buying about 5 versions of an album or single anymore.
    Have all the programs from live shows I went to, t-shirts, the red vinyl HMTMKMKM which is cool, have about 100 zoo dollar notes, fly shades, even zooropa condoms!
    But the coolest is probably the vinyl first pressings of every album since Achtung........ still in original shrink wrapping

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Ya, I hear ya, I was at an Eddie Vedder gig in the 3 arena and despite it being announced on the PA speakers and displayed on screen that there was to be no phone recording, there was still some idiot sat a few seats away from me with his phone out.

The downside of that though is that it just reinforces the behavior of people taking out their phones at gigs. It's a ghastly sight, and it sucks the atmosphere out of a crowd as it means the full crowd isn't engaged like it used to be pre smart phones.

spindex wrote: »
    Ya, I hear ya, I was at an Eddie Vedder gig in the 3 arena and despite it being announced on the PA speakers and displayed on screen that there was to be no phone recording, there was still some idiot sat a few seats away from me with his phone out.

We were at U2 in Milan 2 years ago and a lad beside us recorded all of "I Will Follow" and then spent all of "Beautiful Day", watching "I Will Follow" back on his phone!

Seve OB wrote: »
    I’ve a pretty big collection. A a rare Joshua Tree first pressing CD which was my first purchase then from Achtung I bought everything going till a few albums ago, I just couldn’t justify buying about 5 versions of an album or single anymore.
    Have all the programs from live shows I went to, t-shirts, the red vinyl HMTMKMKM which is cool, have about 100 zoo dollar notes, fly shades, even zooropa condoms!
    But the coolest is probably the vinyl first pressings of every album since Achtung........ still in original shrink wrapping

Nice!

I forgot the tshirts. I've 7 tshirts from the 11 gigs I've been to. Never thought to buy programmes, but I've a Joshua Tree 2017 plastic beer cup that I use to store pens now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nice!

I forgot the tshirts. I've 7 tshirts from the 11 gigs I've been to. Never thought to buy programmes, but I've a Joshua Tree 2017 plastic beer cup that I use to store pens now. :)

I drink cans out of mine these days :)
    Also have an innocence and experience one.
    Which show did you get the Joshua cup? I got one in London but they didn’t have them in Dublin

Seve OB wrote: »
    I drink cans out of mine these days :)
    Also have an innocence and experience one.
    Which show did you get the Joshua cup? I got one in London but they didn’t have them in Dublin

Twickenham. I was running National Athletics Championships the day of the Dublin gig so couldn't go. London was great. Some nightmare trying to get home though. Queues for train were horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

I see the @U2 forum/website has been discontinued after 25 years. Always a good source of information about tours, gigs and upcoming events. Pressure is on this thread from now on then!!!.... ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

tadgho wrote: »
    I see the @U2 forum/website has been discontinued after 25 years. Always a good source of information about tours, gigs and upcoming events. Pressure is on this thread from now on then!!!.... ;):pac:

Yeah was sad to see. Used their forum for a bit but it went to sh!t like most forums due to power hungry mods.

The website was great during tours but that too lost its way. Their Twitter has been my go to for the past few years, and this thread :D

Apparently Reddit is where all the kewl kids r now.

I wonder what the legal issues were. They confirmed it wasn't anything to do with U2 themselves who they were quite friendly with.

tadgho wrote: »

Pity, i know a few of the users were bloody idiots who think there brilliant cause they went to xxx this many U2 shows and grabbed 20 of Edges guitar picks etc but as someone else said it was handy for tours and good quality bootlegs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Don't know if anyone saw the Late Late tonight, a tribute to Sharon Shannon, Adam was on it - wouldn't have believed it was him til I heard the voice. Looks like Tom Hanks in Cast Away

Advertisement