Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lewis Hamilton went vegan after watching this documentary

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

We're not herbivorous animals, so your question is about as relevant as asking why we don't just photosynthesize.

It's not. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't all protein originate in plants? Aren't plants the only things that can actually produce protein?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Chrongen wrote: »
    The scientific proof in the documentary is pretty irrefutable.Meat and specifically processed meat is full of carcinogens. Also the sick people who went on a plant based diet all showed dramatic improvements in their health.

The words "scientific proof" and 'documentary' combined is somewhat of a large smelly oxymoron tbh. Documentaries can and are used to prove just about anything depending on the bias of the person or interest group making them - it's a clear case of the watcher beware.

It is also said that the proof is on the pudding and in this case scientific "studies" have changed over the years. Various researchers have put forward different theories on what is and is not "bad" nutritionally.

A one point all fats were deemed "bad" now nutritionists point to "good" and "bad" fats. The same thing happened witb eggs and chloresterol.

Processed meats can no more be compared to real meat than processed textured vegetable protein (tvp) can be to real vegetables.

Both are generally fairly nasty mixtures of cheap ingredients industrially produced.

Sick people who have "poor diet" will also benefit from professional guidance and if they follow it will likley experience improved health. Whether that is switching from a fast food diet which is meat based or not holds true. There is a clear case of a lack of competitive research or use of a blind study in that instance.
    hardly militant vegan nonsense.
    If you quit drinking alcohol you will also show marked signs of improved health. Is that militant teetotal nonsense?

Hmm I do believe many indeed would mark it as 'militant vegan nonsense'. Just because you may not think it does not necessarily make it so

Are you actually comparing drinking alcohol with eating meat lol? That's very funny indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It's not. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't all protein originate in plants? Aren't plants the only things that can actually produce protein?

Are you serious? You do know that protein is created from building blocks called amino acids? These amino acids are made in two different ways. Either made by the body or created by modifying others. A few amino acids which are known as essential amino acids must come from ingested food sources.

Animal sources of protein tend to deliver all the amino acids we need.

Other protein sources, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds, lack one or more essential amino acids and must be supplemented to provide a balanced diet.

Advertisement