Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise O'Neill on manned mission to Mars: "Why not go to Venus?" (MOD Warning post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Don't. Even. Think. It.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

DexyDrain wrote: »
    Can’t speak for the other poster but I presume the issue is that men now have to frame all written private conversations, even between friends and colleagues, as if Twitter Feminists are reading them too. Women have no such concern. That’s a problem for a lot of people, naturally.

This. One absolutely should not have to bite one's tongue in the private company of close friends, whether in person or online, just in case one's conversations are leaked to the public. As far as I'm concerned that applies to everyone, public figure or not. And furthermore, the demonisation of sexual fantasising in general is absolutely bizarre. Most people, men and women, have looked at a friend or colleague and mentally undressed that person. Because that's kinda how mammals in general are wired. Humans are the only species which has to complicate everything with moralistic bullsh!t around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Surely it would have to be called a Womanned Mission to Mars? Or with all the "gender doesn't exist lmao" crap going on today, an "Xered Mission to Mars"?

Also, again for those of us out of the loop, what has Roe McDermott done to merit a mention here? I know her name from "around" the media in general but can't place it to a particular style of column or egregious incident.

She’s just another of similar ilk. The embodiment of everything that’s wrong with young Irish womanhood in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I wonder if Louise has an opinion on International Men's Day. Loads of opposition to it from men. I haven't seen any feminists comment on it so far.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I wonder if Louis has an opinion on International Men's Day. Loads of opposition to it from men. I haven't seen any feminists comment on it so far.

eVeRy DaY iS mEnS dAy!!!1!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Is she still taking her meds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

She's got a boyfriend now doncha know? Makes her scrambled eggs with creme fraiche on sourdough bread... Must have found Gordan Ramseys YouTube channel.

Louise doesn't need a man to cook her breakfast..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

She's got a boyfriend now doncha know?
    god help him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Louise cooks men for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

She's got a boyfriend now doncha know? Makes her scrambled eggs with creme fraiche on sourdough bread... Must have found Gordan Ramseys YouTube channel.

Richard Chambers, Virgin Media News.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4x_8P5nJBW/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

I wonder if Louise has an opinion on International Men's Day. Loads of opposition to it from men. I haven't seen any feminists comment on it so far.

You don't know who she is. So, why wonder at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ah the 'Chicks, am I right?' thread ;)

Who's minding the 'slagging off a little girl because climate change' thread? :)

SJW Lover wrote: »
    You don't know who she is. So, why wonder at all?

Don't I indeed? I know the regular posters see terrified of her and paint her as being anti men. I wondered if she would have anything to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Huge debate and hype about the so called gender pay gap. What will happen when people realise there is a gender staying-alive gap?!

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/report-finds-irish-men-likely-to-live-longer-than-european-counterparts-894228.html

Don't I indeed? I know the regular posters see terrified of her and paint her as being anti men. I wondered if she would have anything to say about it.

Pipe down and stop policing the thread.

Ah the 'Chicks, am I right?' thread ;)

Who's minding the 'slagging off a little girl because climate change' thread? :)

Another policeman. If there is any thread on boards that discusses social issues you can count on Matt the Progressive to chime in with the establishment line.

Stop policing the thread? Says the poster telling people to "pipe down". Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

He can police it since he keeps reanimating this zombie thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This thread needs to be killed with fire

• Advertisement

Any news from the lass of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Google Louise O'Neill Irish Examiner and search news. She generally has one on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Blind Eagle

Google Louise O'Neill Irish Examiner and search news. She generally has one on a Saturday.

What's El Duderino's latest take on her newest Article?

What's El Duderino's latest take on her newest Article?

I don't read her articles. I wait for her fans to read'em and post here about'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭randd1

She got a boyfriend a year or two back, and seems to have gone off the feminist scene a bit.

Most of her articles in the Examiner these days are of the wellbeing or self conscious variety.

randd1 wrote: »
    She got a boyfriend a year or two back, and seems to have gone off the feminist scene a bit.

Most of her articles in the Examiner these days are of the wellbeing or self conscious variety.

Has she replaced her slave parents with this new lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

randd1 wrote: »

That's usually it. They're giving out about men cos they can't get a man.

Rufeo wrote: »
    That's usually it. They're giving out about men cos they can't get a man.

Maybe so. And the lads who bang on and on about the wimmin...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Maybe so. And the lads who bang on and on about the wimmin...

Lads usually give out more when theyre married to one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I clicked in here expecting a story about how coronavirus is the patriarchy's fault

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement