Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins takes trolling to a new level

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Do you think her views should be silenced?
    because that is what is happening.

Losing her daily mail column and being stopped by Twitter.

I'm sure Ms. Hopkins has many other channels to promote her bigotry to those who want to listen to her, so to say she is being silenced is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm sure Ms. Hopkins has many other channels to promote her bigotry to those who want to listen to her, so to say she is being silenced is complete nonsense.

It's not complete nonsense at all. It is the modern day equalifant of book burning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's not complete nonsense at all. It is the modern day equalifant of book burning.

Really? A right wing newspaper deciding that a columnist is too right wing even for them is the equivalent of book burning? I suggest you look up hyperbole in the dictionary before you make any more ridiculous comparisons. Anyway I'm sure the Express will offer her a column before long, although she might be a little left wing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Do you think her views should be silenced?
    because that is what is happening.

Losing her daily mail column and being stopped by Twitter.
    Bollocks. I recognise her right to free speech. Fcuked if I’d let her exercise it in my gaff though. Out the door. She’d be welcome to free speak her way on down the road to her shrivelled little black heart’s content till the cows come home.

I’ve no ‘right’ to a Daily Fail column, and neither does Hatie Hopkins. Likewise Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Or listen and realise she speaks a lot of sense.

she actually doesn't so no point n listening to her.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Like the gender pay gap for instance.

Why is a strong independent woman who is able to stand up for herself and say what she thinks not greeted with respect from her fellow sisters?

Because she treats her migrant sisters like scum of the earth - why would they respect her nasty hate filled opinions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Private companies deciding they don't want certain people or viewpoints associated with them is not in any way a violation of free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A lot of people say unpleasant things Ray. I agree with some of the things you say and I also disagree with other things. Doesn't mean I don't want silence your opinion.

Far from it. It's good to know what others have to say. You never know it might even help people understand each other more.

She's not being silenced; it's just that the number of organisations prepared to pay for her opinions is rapidly dwindling.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

RayM wrote: »
    She's not being silenced; it's just that the number of organisations prepared to pay for her opinions is rapidly dwindling.

Yes because of orchestrated campaigns against her by people who hate free speech if it is different to their own opinions.
    The instinct is always to censor, ban, silence, segregate and to use any other method of suppression of unwelcome opinions. (Check out the closed Halawa thread on this website).
    The silencers must be very insecure in their opinions if their default reaction is always censorship. They must feel very threatened by Katie Hopkins. God help them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

quintana76 wrote: »
    Yes because of orchestrated campaigns against her by people who hate free speech if it is different to their own opinions.

What do people have difficulty with here? This doesn't violate her right to free speech. She's just not getting paid to mouth-fart anymore. She can still mouth-fart all she wants for free. She can self-publish books, she can start a podcast. All kinds of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Zaph wrote: »

So being as you have such views on her, what examples have you got of her being racist and a bigot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

For the people falsely claiming that "free speech" has been violated, it looks like it came down to cold hard cash end of the day:

Mail Online pays substantial damages to teacher after Katie Hopkins wrongly said she took children to Trump protest

That isn't the first time that has happened btw. Hopkins was clearly a legal liability for the mail. It also make it less likely for other outlets to hire her, as court cases and payouts are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Trolling is a art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Trolling is a art Katie Hopkins is a tart.

:)

For those who worry about the diversity of bigoted opinion being reduced there are so many others you can enjoy. Just google far right commentators (I'm assuming the left wing bigots are not your cuppa)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think you'll find Katie that the Republic will fight tooth and nail to halt any unification drive.

They're not wanted down here Mrs, they're your responsibility not ours.

We'll go to war over it.:mad::mad::)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I just think she is annoying and in my view doesn't believe half or most of what she says, she isn't a real conservative, she is an entrepreneur who's job it is to make money by going out of her way to annoy people by using social media/ the press. So good luck to her as it obviously pays the bills but I don't see her as the face of conservatism locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I just think she is annoying and in my view doesn't believe half or most of what she says, she isn't a real conservative, she is an entrepreneur who's job it is to make money by going out of her way to annoy people by using social media/ the press. So good luck to her as it obviously pays the bills but I don't see her as the face of conservatism locally.

not any more it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Imagine coming to the end of a contract and mutually agreeing to not renew it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

endacl wrote: »

Example No 1 ........... I see no racist or bigotry from her just statements of what is the truth/her thoughts and a lot about Trump who has been in power 12 months now and actually doing a good job for USA figures prove this. (I am no fan of Trump and knew nothing of him besides golf courses until he got in to power.)

Example No 2 ............Mmmmm what she said could be true if there are figures that they do stab and shoot each other more than other races of people. But they do use the 'N' word to each other as well but white people can never use that word for 'any' reason...... strange that?

Example No 3 ............ A very bad choice of words but to me who knows nothing of what she meant by saying it. Was it racist or bigoted? I do not know?

If she did say racist comments then surely she would have been arrested?

Got any more examples where she is supposed to be racist or bigoted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

123shooter wrote: »
    Example No 1 ........... I see no racist or bigotry from her just statements of what is the truth/her thoughts and a lot about Trump who has been in power 12 months now and actually doing a good job for USA figures prove this. (I am no fan of Trump and knew nothing of him besides golf courses until he got in to power.)

Example No 2 ............Mmmmm what she said could be true if there are figures that they do stab and shoot each other more than other races of people. But they do use the 'N' word to each other as well but white people can never use that word for 'any' reason...... strange that?

Example No 3 ............ A very bad choice of words but to me who knows nothing of what she meant by saying it. Was it racist or bigoted? I do not know?

Got any more examples where she is supposed to be racist or bigoted.

the 3 examples given are perfect examples of her being racist and bigoted. example 3 thankfully got her sacked from lbc, mind you chances are she wouldn't have lasted very long there anyway. i doubt she got much ratings either.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement