Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins takes trolling to a new level

Options

Comments

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Why would people stop talking about her? Her opinion hits home with a lot of people as true I'd respect her opinion far more than say someone like Joe Duffy or Shane Coleman.

But it's the people who vehemently don't agree with her opinion and yet keep spreading it around and discussing it in full. I might be wrong, but vast majority of comments I've seen on here have been negative about her, with the differing opinions being "oh she's just saying things you don't like".

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

One interesting thing she picked up on in that interview is the incompatibility between being pro-Brexit and pro-UK.

Those against Scottish independence were all about better together but it's all about better alone when it comes to Brexit.

Different issues in each case but the principle of wanting to control your own affairs is at the heart of both.

And in fairness to Katie she's possibly the only one I've heard address it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Think she's excellent. Love the way she tells it like it is without caring what anyone thinks.

Your fantasy girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Why would people stop talking about her? Her opinion hits home with a lot of people cretins as true I'd respect her opinion far more than say someone like Joe Duffy or Shane Coleman.

Fixed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

The old "I disagree so they must be trolling" chestnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

jamesbere wrote: »
    I dislike her so much I wish a cow would fart in her face

How does someone imagine such a thing:D

I quite like people like Hopkins. They make the world go round..........even more funnier is the reaction to her from people who dislike her:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Why don't the overly sensitive people who respond to her rubbish realize that they are giving her exactly what she wants. The best approach to a person like this is to ignore her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Think she's excellent. Love the way she tells it like it is without caring what anyone thinks.

Like we need a "Final Solution" to the Muslim problem?

Yeah, telling it like it is.......

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Hammer89 wrote: »
    There's a difference between telling it like it is and then deliberately going against the grain on hard-hitting issues in a bid to remain relevant.

Agree with this. Infuriating how much work and money she gets just for spouting contrary ****e that she doesnt actually believe. Fair dos to her though. Plays us all for fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Another one perhaps the ultimate wind up person is Alex Jones. Jeez can he get the blood boiling in the self righteous ones:D

Thing is though just like old Katie, a lot of what Alex says happens to come true or has an element of truth in it.

Now people may not like this at all but I think these people have as much right to say what they do as the people who say the opposite and I think the worst kind of person is the one who says 'they shouldn't be allowed' or 'they should be banned and silenced'.

I think we should be allowed to listen, watch, agree or disagree with anyone we see fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Why don't the overly sensitive people who respond to her rubbish realize that they are giving her exactly what she wants. The best approach to a person like this is to ignore her.

Or listen and realise she speaks a lot of sense.

123shooter wrote: »
    Another one perhaps the ultimate wind up person is Alex Jones. Jeez can he get the blood boiling in the self righteous ones:D

Thing is though just like old Katie, a lot of what Alex says happens to come true or has an element of truth in it.

Now people may not like this at all but I think these people have as much right to say what they do as the people who say the opposite and I think the worst kind of person is the one who says 'they shouldn't be allowed' or 'they should be banned and silenced'.

I think we should be allowed to listen, watch, agree or disagree with anyone we see fit.

Bat**** crazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

She tells it the way people like you want to hear it. You lap it up.

To the majority of people she's just an irrelevant noise maker who likes to be controversial in order to keep herself in a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Daily Heil and Ms Hopkins part company.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/nov/27/katie-hopkins-mail-online-column-contract-ends

plus according to the article her twitter account has been gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Imagine being too much of a racist for the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

RayM wrote: »

Imagine being so sensitive that you try to silence different opinions.

She is only saying what a lot of people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Imagine being so sensitive you get offended by someone saying a racist is racist.

Well they did back Mosely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Think she's excellent. Love the way she tells it like it is...

But she often tells it like it isn't. :confused:
    I initially respected her ability to say what she thinks and what others might be afraid to but it soon became apparent it was attention seeking so I stopped listening.

Like, two seconds later? I don't know how anyone wouldn't cop this almost straight away. Obvious troll is obvious.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    But she often tells it like it isn't. :confused:

Like, two seconds later? I don't know how anyone wouldn't cop this almost straight away. Obvious troll is obvious.

Like the gender pay gap for instance.

Why is a strong independent woman who is able to stand up for herself and say what she thinks not greeted with respect from her fellow sisters?

• Advertisement

Unless she has been imprisoned for what she says, she's not being silenced. She can still have her say via various channels. Nobody has an entitlement to be paid to give their viewpoint.

On your post to me above there, many women don't buy into the "sisterhood" thing and evaluate each woman on her own merits or lack thereof and not on the fact that she has flaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

She says what a lot of very unpleasant people think, Sweetemotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I don't believe she has said "I am a complete and utter cnut" although, every time she speaks, that's what I hear.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Unless she has been imprisoned for what she says, she's not being silenced. She can still have her say via various channels. Nobody has an entitlement to be paid to give their viewpoint.

On your post to me above there, many women don't buy into the "sisterhood" thing and evaluate each woman on her own merits or lack thereof and not on the fact that she has flaps.

So feminism is an ideology and not about gender equality.

You're either with us or against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Such an immature comment. :rolleyes:

She says what a lot of very unpleasant people think, Sweetemotion.

A lot of people say unpleasant things Ray. I agree with some of the things you say and I also disagree with other things. Doesn't mean I don't want silence your opinion.

Far from it. It's good to know what others have to say. You never know it might even help people understand each other more.

So feminism is an ideology and not about gender equality.

Why are you asking me about feminism? I've said nothing about it. You're the one who brought it up.

Such an immature comment. :rolleyes:

And that isn't?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's good to know what others have to say. You never know it might even help people understand each other more.

Personally I have no desire to understand a xenophobic bigot.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Personally I have no desire to understand a xenophobic bigot.

Do you think her views should be silenced?
    because that is what is happening.

Losing her daily mail column and being stopped by Twitter.

Advertisement