Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wake etiquette

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

New rule came into place down here in September,can no longer have funeral mass on a Sunday

http://www.radiokerry.ie/no-sunday-funeral-mass-ruling-comes-place-kerry/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

They'll work around it, my granny died on the 20th of December last year and her funeral mass and burial occured on xmas eve.

Xmas Day, Easter Sunday and Good Friday are the only days which a Funeral Mass cannot occur.

You can have a funeral any day, and a Funeral Mass on Christmas Day. It's Lent where it gets tricky, you still have the funeral but not the Mass.

Do they not reach ye anything in them RE classes they make ye go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

They'll work around it, my granny died on the 20th of December last year and her funeral mass and burial occured on xmas eve.

Never a nice time to bury someone you love but Christmas eve must be spectacularly sh*t :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

New rule came into place down here in September,can no longer have funeral mass on a Sunday

http://www.radiokerry.ie/no-sunday-funeral-mass-ruling-comes-place-kerry/

You can't be sending round a collection plate at a funeral, it's bad-looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

mickrock wrote: »

Oh no, - not saying that was me the other day but thats exactly a kind of thing I could see myself doing , especially at the quiet moments when you dont know what to say and just come out with crap! ... then worry about it later.

I think i did say to his fiancé "how are you.... that's a silly thing to say" ... and then I keep thinking yep that was a silly thing to say

• Advertisement
Advertisement