Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭Evade

Banjo wrote: »
    Are you suggesting some sort of barbarian pillaging rampage game, like a cross between The Accused and Supermarket Sweep? Sir, you disgust me. But if you think it will help I'll give it a go.
    It could be anything, a bunch of Orc wizards trying to solve a murder or Tiefling Clerics trying to organise a harvest festival. It can be made even funnier if we roll stats in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Off for the night

Not that I did much :pac:

Evade wrote: »
    Roll for anal circumference.
    I always loved his rationale for this, you don't necessarily have to use your anal stats, FATAL simply provides rules if needed. Other RPGs are lacking detail for not permitting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Good luck trying to run a fair 5e game that isn't chock full of homebrew on-the-fly bull**** where you're doing a naked dungeon run and the only way to smuggle the gems out the front door is up your jaxxie.

Hmmm... if we randomize race and age (which effects elasticity, a key stat for gem retention!).... call it "Delve Deep" and the reason for the name only becomes clear when you reach a Customs checkpoint.... no never mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Or we could just pause 5E for a while if people are getting jaded, and play something else :P

• Advertisement

?
    I was clearly referring to the Fatal ruleset, which gives you the stats you need for anal circumference, elasticity, depth, and everything else you need to turn your back door into an attic conversion.

On the 5e thing, I can see why you might be feeling a bit worn out - Retula, Iuric and Vrakrash have all had their moments in the spotlight to explore aspects of their character, and circumstances dictate that Mags is forced into daytime sidequesting that allow for some development - but shouldn't Sarric and Wade at least get an opportunity to stand front and centre, and the rest of the characters support them, before we ditch it entirely? (on the obvious condition of Fourier's willingness and ability)

Fourier wrote: »
    I always loved his rationale for this, you don't necessarily have to use your anal stats, FATAL simply provides rules if needed. Other RPGs are lacking detail for not permitting this.
    It could stop shenanigans like this from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm happy enough to take a break and for others to have a blast with another game of whatever. Having said that I'll probably PM you on a weekly basis asking if we have a date for a re-start.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

That is F'ing epic!
    (In case the link didn't work for you, try https://www.reddit.com/r/gametales/duplicates/2o2y6r/extremely_tight_space_xpost_from_r4chan/ or just google search the end of the image name, BO-K4nR8.png)

Hmmm... if we randomize race and age (which effects elasticity, a key stat for gem retention!).... call it "Delve Deep" and the reason for the name only becomes clear when you reach a Customs checkpoint.... no never mind.
    A game that marries the traditional beloved dungeon crawl of D&D with the in depth anal realism of FATAL. My only fear would be pushing other games out of business.
    On the 5e thing, I can see why you might be feeling a bit worn out - Retula, Iuric and Vrakrash have all had their moments in the spotlight to explore aspects of their character, and circumstances dictate that Mags is forced into daytime sidequesting that allow for some development - but shouldn't Sarric and Wade at least get an opportunity to stand front and centre, and the rest of the characters support them, before we ditch it entirely? (on the obvious condition of Fourier's willingness and ability)
    I do have an "endgame" idea that'd give all a final moment of triumph, if people are willing I could hasten it.
    I'm happy enough to take a break and for others to have a blast with another game of whatever. Having said that I'll probably PM you on a weekly basis asking if we have a date for a re-start.
    Whatever the new game is I'd be planning to still do the morning thing with yourself. (Sounds strange when I read it)

• Advertisement

Phenomenal :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Morning thing, eh Four? Trying to tell us something :pac:

First all the FATAL talk...

I hope this doesn't throw you down too much of a rabbit hole but reddit.com/r/dndgreentext and this is one of my all time favourite stories there. It's kind of long, well long for posts on the internet.

D&D tonight if ye want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sweet.

..And my axe!

..And my axe!

Get your own axe! :p

I'm round anyways. Might be slightly distracted for 20 mins at 9pm but other than that free as a bird.

Bunch of pathfinder stuff on humble bundle, though it's all 3rd party modules and such, not the source book

Off for the night

Busy tonight so I won't be around.

• Advertisement

Off for the night

Off for the night

Off for the night

Some RPG cringe.

Early Shadowrun ad:

For 0th Edition there was a group called the Judge's Guild that made the first 3rd party adventures. These were more innocent times:
    xD0jPG.jpg

Fourier wrote: »
    For 0th Edition there was a group called the Judge's Guild that made the first 3rd party adventures. These were more innocent times:
    xD0jPG.jpg
    If the treasure list doesn't include at least one pearl necklace I would be very unsatisfied.

Off for the night

Current campaign will end/be paused with the end of the tower and one other adventure for those characters who choose to avail of it.

Plans after that:
    1. Horror game for Halloween
    2. Sci-Fi mini-campaign (not sure of system yet)
    3. The Witcher RPG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

What level will the upcoming games be at Four?

Pter wrote: »
    What level will the upcoming games be at Four?
    In terms of speed? I was thinking slow for the Witcher and the Sci-Fi one. The Halloween one would be faster as I was planning it as a single scenario played over a week.

The Sci-Fi one will be first.

Regarding the system, I'm not sure whether to go with a space opera (Traveller) or Cyberpunk (I'd be using a game called "The Veil" for that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If i may, ill jump into one of them at least! Was just trying to figure out if a beginner such as myself would have more success in one of them. The core group in the forum may get frustrated with my inexperience (which is fair imo :D)

Advertisement