Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Anyone hazard a guess for when Elden Ring will be released ?

It's gone a bit quiet on that front. I'd guess next year.

Edit: There's already a thread for it here, but you'd never find it via search, given the thread's title.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Watched the footage of this , it looked great but the combat didn't look great at all . May wait for reviews on this one. The guiding wind idea looks novel enough and going toward things a la breath of the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Review embargo to drop 14th July, 3 days before release at 3pm

https://opencritic.com/news/1538/we-now-know-when-the-ghost-of-tsushima-review-embargo-will-drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just preordered for £45 on Amazon using code GIFT05

ShaneU wrote: »

Nice price

Done here also. Worth it even for playthrough and then re-sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The most important question I have is; who enjoys being kicked in the balls?

Not sure ( ;) ) but it's good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

For me that says "the promotional code cannot be applied". has it expired or do I need to use an English address or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Cina wrote: »
    For me that says "the promotional code cannot be applied". has it expired or do I need to use an English address or something?

There was a limit of 10,000 codes and it didn't apply to all items and it seemed to work on some accounts and not others so there could be a couple of reasons why it didn't work. I have an Irish Address and used the code yesterday in relation to a different item and it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

There was a limit of 10,000 codes and it didn't apply to all items and it seemed to work on some accounts and not others so there could be a couple of reasons why it didn't work. I have an Irish Address and used the code yesterday in relation to a different item and it worked.

Aw dang, thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ordered yest with this code - thanks for heads up!

Ironic thing is already had it on order with Amazon, so canceled the old one and now got it 5 quid cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Ordered yest with this code - thanks for heads up!

Ironic thing is already had it on order with Amazon, so canceled the old one and now got it 5 quid cheaper :)

What are Amazon like for getting the pre-orders out at the moment? They're fairly fecking slow with everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What are Amazon like for getting the pre-orders out at the moment? They're fairly fecking slow with everything else.

Brutal. Got The Last of Us 2 on Tuesday evening after release to Dublin. Had it preordered since February.

All up to dispatch it was "Expected Friday" and as soon as it was sent it was "Expected Monday".

That said, a friend got his on Saturday... So it's luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

First time using Amazon for a while- pre ordered Iron Man VR. Released on Friday. Received Sat. Delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Penn wrote: »
    The Soulsborne-type combat wouldn't work in this game, because it's not a Soulsborne-type game. Simple as that

No it's not as simple as that . Your statement doesn't make sense . There is actually no one souls borne combat the combat in all the from software games are all distinctly different to each other. I dunno why there was a thread was called soulsbourne combat when bloodborne combat is quite different to Dark Souls and Dark souls is quite different to Dark Souls 3. There are similarities which is the same with Nioh so if there are similarities with this game then yes it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Perhaps Soulsborne Gameplay would have been a better title than Soulsborne Combat (I didn't name the thread), but I don't think it's unfair to point out that generally the Soulsborne games all follow a very similar framework, style, and are usually associated with each other not just due to the developer but also the difficulty (whether real or perceived, as in the repeated deaths and having to learn how to read enemies to an extent you generally don't have to in most other games).

Jim Sterling had a video a while back about games being called "Soulsborne" or "Metroidvania", and generally surmised that when those terms are used, even though they might not be exact matches and even though there might be a different, albeit more cumbersome, term which could be used, people still know what type of game it is. Their knowledge of "Soulsborne" or "Metroidvania" type of games means they know the comparisons or parallels which are being drawn.

So all I was saying in that post from like two months ago that I don't even remember, is that the type of combat from Soulsborne-type games probably wouldn't suit this game (being more open-world, Assassin's Creed type of game rather than the likes of Sekiro which would probably be the nearest Soulsborne-type of comparison).

The gameplay in Sekiro is more comparable to the likes of Dark Souls or Bloodborne, than Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Preload now live, download size is 34gb with an extra 22gb for digital deluxe edition content

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't believe were a week away, I find it strange that we haven't seen any more game play vids since that first one and that was when? start of may? feels so long ago now.

Can't believe were a week away, I find it strange that we haven't seen any more game play vids since that first one and that was when? start of may? feels so long ago now.

Yeah it's amazing how little gameplay has been shown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just look at an old assassin's creed game and imagine it set in Japan. Because that's all it really is.

I'm interested in seeing reviews for this, think it could be another Days Gone and get a middling response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just look at an old assassin's creed game and imagine it set in Japan. Because that's all it really is.

I'm interested in seeing reviews for this, think it could be another Days Gone and get a middling response.

I think this game will be right up there with Ace Combat 7. Sky high.

For those who missed out on this earlier on

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1281597116310331394?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ooohhh i like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I made the mistake of only getting around to finishing off Nioh 2 this week, even though this is set in the Kamakura period as opposed to Sengoku period and is open world it might be overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I am excite, games looks stunning! One thing worrying me in that video though, it's in Japanese but the mouth looks off, like the animations are for English...

Edit: Yeah, dialogue animations were captured in English, so the Japanese is dubbed and, well, it's as bad as English dubbed foreign films. Shame, would love to have played it in Japanese, pretending to be Samurai Zoro. Probably too much to expect an update at some stage to change the animations to Japanese...

God I remember seeing this when it was announced and thinking that looks great and not really followed it since and maybe like others assumed it was like Nioh/Souls? Anyway kind of happy to see the latest video for it and that it's not what I was expecting though that would have been great too. I've credit on my account to use up and a hunger for a slice of AAA so if the reviews are favorable I'll bite I think.

• Advertisement

Advertisement