Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    James Haskell skipped this game to attend some wedding
    Bit of bad form I suppose but he wouldn't have played anyway. Ruled out yesterday morning with a foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

James Haskell skipped this game to attend some wedding

Best wedding he's been too though.
    Imagine the bants he'd get up to if he gets his hand on the honeymoon suite key.

Greenwood is there too so we're spared him in the coverage of the second semi final.

Marty Moore could do with a bit of conditioning.

That Thompson looks a player, Leicester have a good signing there.

Skelton is just a waste of space isnt he?

The officiating in this match is shambolic, multiple forward passes ignored and a stone wall yellow card if not red.
    Not going to affect the result but it's very bad form.

Another Aviva semi final, another blowout. Exeter 29 - 5 Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Another Aviva semi final, another blowout. Exeter 29 - 5 Newcastle

https://twitter.com/CharlieFelix/status/997856202305523712?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Wonder will players speak out now about this

https://twitter.com/AlexMLowe/status/997961345340452864?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

About what?
    There is practically no difference between the injury rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Those figures are nonsense, the idea of recording injuries per 1000 hours is never going to give an accurate reflection.

And also those figures are going to include injuries that had absolutely nothing to do with the pitch at all.

The only way of saying injuries are caused by those pitches are looking at jarred knees or twisted ankles etc where a doctor could specifically say the harder ground was a factor in this.

Had to laugh at some journo on twitter suggesting Ashton being in the Barbarians squad will endure an extra 10k tickets sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

razorblunt wrote: »
    Had to laugh at some journo on twitter suggesting Ashton being in the Barbarians squad will endure an extra 10k tickets sold.

Might sell an extra 10k tickets if Conan was picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Paul Gustard is the new Harlequins head coach.
    That leaves England without an attacking coach and a defensive coach. 16 months until the WC.
    Eddie Jones has some job on his hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I think defense was their attack, at their rate of injuring players , it will just be Eddie Jones left, maybe it really was an inside job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

The officiating in this match is shambolic, multiple forward passes ignored and a stone wall yellow card if not red.
    Not going to affect the result but it's very bad form.

The first half was completely savage and J P Doyle was floundering for parts of it.

In the first half there was one "clear out" on the Wasps line when a Sarrie dived in head first like a Klein missile presumably onto some Wasps player; but no comment about it from the BT commentators, the officials (penalty advantage was being played) or the TMO, although a Wasps player went off concussed a moment later. It really should have been looked at - hopefully it was afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Might sell an extra 10k tickets if Conan was picked.

Playing Paddy Jackson would double the gate!

Paul Gustard is the new Harlequins head coach.
    That leaves England without an attacking coach and a defensive coach. 16 months until the WC.
    Eddie Jones has some job on his hands now.

Rumoured to be targeting Shaun Edwards.

Stuart Barnes reckons ROG should be in the reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rumoured to be targeting Shaun Edwards.

No way ROG would touch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Every now and then I forget about Barnes. I don't hear him talk for a while, and he fades out of my consciousness. Then he comes roaring back in, front and and centre, with a cascade of absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Looking forward to Buer's breakdown of Bernard Jackman's performance on the Hard Yards podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Looking forward to Buer's breakdown of Bernard Jackman's performance on the Hard Yards podcast

If you could just post a transcript rather than me having to listen to him doing that weird sucking in thing through the sides of his mouth when he pauses, I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Hard Yards reckon Barry Daly could go to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »

I could definitely see that happening. He's playing very well this season. And if he is the quickest guy in Irish rugby then that's something they might want to have a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's quite possible. They took 8 back three players to SA in 2016 and 6 to USA/Japan last summer (when there were a few injuries).

Earls, Conway, Kearney, Larmour and Stockdale are all certain to travel. I would imagine they'll take at least one if not two others.

That final spots will be between Daly, Sweetnam and Gilroy, most probably. Daly was the only one involved in the 6N training squad. ROL may also be in the mix due to versatility the same way he went to Japan last summer. Matt Healy probably also in with a shout.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    another judo injury?

Happened In Sarries v wasps

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I could definitely see that happening. He's playing very well this season. And if he is the quickest guy in Irish rugby then that's something they might want to have a look at.

He's also the top scorer in the league. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were him and he didn't get a trip.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dregin wrote: »
    He's also the top scorer in the league. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were him and he didn't get a trip.
    Ireland are relatively consistent at ignoring the top try scorers in the league.

Then again, he's top try scorer because he gets to play all the time.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,041 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ireland are relatively consistent at ignoring the top try scorers in the league.

top try scorers in the league tend to be players on the edges of international squads due to the fact they play more games than internationals

ie visser, Gilroy, evans, davies, webb etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I absolutely get that. But none of the other mentioned players (Gilroy, Sweetnam, Healy) were involved with Ireland either, so I think it's a plus for him when considering who to take from that bunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement