Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Please don't use them as a source or share links. If you need more info I can DM you.

As for the game, they've been money grabbing garbage for years. I don't expect any different until a new developer comes on board.

Even a rugby 08 in HD with updated squads would be fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Please don't use them as a source or share links. If you need more info I can DM you.

As for the game, they've been money grabbing garbage for years. I don't expect any different until a new developer comes on board.

A few of the reviews have suggested it's a good step up from previous iterations, but I'll believe that when I see it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nah that's fair enough, I trust your better judgment on the site. I generally hate their stuff as its regurgitated click bait but was the only thing that popped up when I searched for any update on Rugby 20!

Yeah the last few have been awful but I've read a few reviews which say this iteration isn't awful and shows some promise. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Nah that's fair enough, I trust your better judgment on the site. I generally hate their stuff as its regurgitated click bait but was the only thing that popped up when I searched for any update on Rugby 20!

I would think along the same lines as Exclamation Marc in relation to that site, but sounds like it's even worse than I thought :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Given RugbyLad’s entire business model, would not be surprised if that was a paid review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

https://twitter.com/namaiyvonne/status/1219149755189800960?s=21

Didn’t know they played rugby in Madagascar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

https://twitter.com/namaiyvonne/status/1219149755189800960?s=21

Didn’t know they played rugby in Madagascar
    they play it everywhere. Its huge over there though just the country is so poor as why they dont show up anywhere on international scene.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Watching RG Snyman in Japan is like watching that big kid at U11s competely skittle all the opposition before dotting down

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This needs stop happen. Leicester are awful and Murphy clearly isn't cut out to be a head coach.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1219547885412519936?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Number of Irish lads playing with them, James Hart, Billy Scannell, Dave O'Callaghan. Set to have an AGM on the 2nd of March where it'll be decided by the shareholders whether to liquidate or not it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Number of Irish lads playing with them, James Hart, Billy Scannell, Dave O'Callaghan. Set to have an AGM on the 2nd of March where it'll be decided by the shareholders whether to liquidate or not it seems.
    Another thing to blame EOS for. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mad stuff, what a shame. Wonder if another club will be set up in their stead. What exactly happened there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Mad stuff, what a shame. Wonder if another club will be set up in their stead. What exactly happened there?

They're 3million in the hole, some bad player investments...being in D2.,.the stadium holds 13,500 ... their average attendance is about 5,500....it's been coming for a few years now.....I can't see the shareholders saving them unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Turns out Squidge did a beta review a couple of months ago. No sign of the set plays in his review, but there is some stuff on alignments etc from 13:40. Looks to have a but more detail than other games.

In absolutely no surprise news to anyone, the first review is in for Rugby 20 from The Sixth Axis and its not great.
    Summary
    Rugby 20 is like a Northern Hemisphere team's World Cup campaign. It's full of big ideas and good intentions, but a shock defeat here and an expected loss to the South's big boys there, and it soon comes off the rails. There's some fun to be had, but it's often at the expense of the game, not because of it.

Good
    It looks like rugby
    Throwing it out wide and crashing through for a try
    Some decent ideas for set plays
    Pro AI puts up a fight

Bad
    Physics and animations always feel off
    Kicking for goal is just bad
    FUT-like team building doesn't fit the game
    Lack of big licenses

4/10

On we wait!

Edit - another review has given it 16/20 whilst another gave it 7/10 but haven't heard of those sites before!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »

That's a huge loss to them, he's having a fantastic season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Any idea what he did to get sent home?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

BattleCorp wrote: »

Reports are that he had a scrap with Townsend. They clashed at half time of the England game in Twickenham last year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

BattleCorp wrote: »

Wouldn't stop trying to do the Zebo/Teddy Thomas crotch celebration with everyone in the squad so they kicked him out.

I feel sorry for Stuart Hogg. If Scotland's six nations goes as I think it will he will have some intensely uncomfortable interviews in the weeks ahead. He's clearly delighted to be given the job but I think he's been set up to fail. With Russell away Scotland are now left with a weak and ineffective pack and no play maker.

If Farrell get's his forward selection right we will put an unflattering number on the Scots in the Aviva.

Losing MacFarland was a disaster for the SRU.

Fantastic news. Long may his recovery continue.

https://twitter.com/WorcsWarriors/status/1220389441824591872?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 38,029 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rugby 20 video game out now. Not sure will I buy it or wait til its cheaper

https://twitter.com/rugbythegame/status/1220286746077863936?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fantastic news. Long may his recovery continue.

https://twitter.com/WorcsWarriors/status/1220389441824591872?s=19

That is fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rugby 20 video game out now. Not sure will I buy it or wait til its cheaper

https://twitter.com/rugbythegame/status/1220286746077863936?s=19

Don't buy it full stop. That series of games has been a joke.

I'm all for supporting rugby games but this crowd are out for a money grab. The rugby unions/leagues shouldn't have their licenses associated with it.

World Rugby need to cop on and get involved with a proper developer.

How much customisation is there with the game?

Like could I make a Leinster team where all the players look like Dave Kearney, are all called Dave Kearney and all sound like Dave Kearney - and then beat Munster with that team?

And could I record that game and post it on the Munster team talk thread?

Because that might be worth it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How much customisation is there with the game?

Like could I make a Leinster team where all the players look like Dave Kearney, are all called Dave Kearney and all sound like Dave Kearney - and then beat Munster with that team?

And could I record that game and post it on the Munster team talk thread?

Because that might be worth it to be honest.

You should still pick Rob at 15, it’s only Munster after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Weird that there's 2 games at the same time on the same day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement