Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

So this is the culmination of Wray's tantrum at having to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

This could actually be the end of Saracens. Utter madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Interesting times - Reading some articles apparently a load of the squad have "relegation clauses" in their contracts.

That will be an interesting test of loyalty.

They probably all had a good laugh that that clause was even mentioned, given the unlikelihood of it ever transpiring in a month of sundays :D

Goes to show!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

There is a meeting this morning at 11am with Sarries players, staff and management. Expect news about 12. Automatic relegation distinct possibility and already decided just allowing time for the club to inform their stakeholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

There is a meeting this morning at 11am with Sarries players, staff and management. Expect news about 12. Automatic relegation distinct possibility and already decided just allowing time for the club to inform their stakeholders.
    It was reported last night that the meeting was to be held at 08:30. Where did you get the 11am time from?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It was reported last night that the meeting was to be held at 08:30. Where did you get the 11am time from?

A former colleague works in the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

A former colleague works in the club
    Tough time for him. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,253 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tough time for him. :(

Her.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    three cheers for brendan venter :D

jpeg.jpg?f=16x9&w=1200&$p$f$w=dfa40e8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Saw this on the Blues IG and thought it would be interesting here, the Blues outside backs in 2005.

82523358_492270301429606_7752143894443408837_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=XC2ScsE63lwAX8rvdPM&oh=6d969c142f6148b14aece3380f0ac2e8&oe=5ED33746
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Y85vkJXEQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well it still would be if it's one out to make room for one in. But yeah, I take your point. The wider issue is whether Saracens can do something similar with (say) French or SA clubs. Although I'd imagine that the SA clubs wouldn't be able to match the kind of salaries that Saracens are paying for their top players.

Unless some corporate sponsor was topping up the salary.. James Roberts' immediate move to Stormers is an interesting development.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Who is between Rokocoko and Mils?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Who is between Rokocoko and Mils?

I was stuck on that one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Winters wrote: »

I was stuck on that one myself

Rudi Wulf

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Here's a question - If Saracens were relegated , Could the still play in the European cup next year if they were to win it this year?

Found the answer to my own question

The answer is no..

So if they relegated, then they are gone from Europe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Found the answer to my own question

The answer is no..

So if they relegated, then they are gone from Europe too.

I wonder are rules more based on the assumption that team wouldn't be relegated from their league the same season they won the CC. Don't think there would be any incentive to change them with questions around Saracens success in Europe as a result of salary breach in Premiership, but raises an interesting issue.

It’s rare you see dragons fans with anything to sing about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It’s rare you see dragons fans with anything to sing about

Dragons have actually put in a handful of performances this season, beat Glasgow, Ospreys Scarlets and Zebre in the league, and beat Castres, Worcester and Enisei in the challenge cup.

Marginal improvement so far, but at least they haven't regressed.

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/crusadersrugby/videos/626244424853454/

Have a look at the try 53:15 into this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

sydthebeat wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/crusadersrugby/videos/626244424853454/

Have a look at the try 53:15 into this clip.

Great try. Good to see the old man Alex Ainley still hitting rucks and tackling everything at 38 years old. He keeps trying to retire and keeps getting asked to play a few games to cover injuries. The absolute king of workhorse journeyman.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Great try. Good to see the old man Alex Ainley still hitting rucks and tackling everything at 38 years old. He keeps trying to retire and keeps getting asked to play a few games to cover injuries. The absolute king of workhorse journeyman.

Crazy to think he's only had 5 years of Super rugby :D

Just goes to show that if you stick with it, anything could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/1218616362593026050?s=19

Confirmed that Saracens will be relegated at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Eh, it's not a done deal yet?

Oh yes it is......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Billy Vunipola has broken his arm again. Its the forth time he's broken his arm. Either its the way he carries into contact or he has brittle bone disease....

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Billy Vunipola has broken his arm again. Its the forth time he's broken his arm. Either its the way he carries into contact or he has brittle bone disease....

Maybe need some "support" under his forearm tape à la Victor Matfield.;)

Looks like he was never thought "knee hip shoulder"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

No Simmonds, Willis or Dombrandt in the England squad, despite being all very good this season. Don’t see how Hill and Ludlam have got in ahead of them.

I wonder if Eddie is looking at a back row of Curry, Underhill & Earl. Would be interesting to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rugby 20 is out this week.

I don't really rate RugbyLad as a news source given their blatant article recycling but good to hear that they think that the game is decent and they're impressed by it.

https://twitter.com/RugbyLAD7/status/1219273914217566208?s=19

Fingers crossed its good. Im not expecting miracles so any level of good will do! Lack of some major nations being licensed is very annoying but hopefully they're editable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement