Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey - 20 February 2018 - 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Anyone know where he is staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lukesmom wrote: »
    Anyone know where he is staying?

Take it easy.

Weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Uncalled for
    The Nal wrote: »
    Take it easy.

Weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭mgkelly

Presume it's simply a tongue-in-cheek poke at Morrissey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Weirdos are cool :) I'm here in 3arena near enough to the front with my 15 year old son. His first concert. Starting to fill up and not a burger in sight

• Advertisement

lukesmom wrote: »
    Weirdos are cool :) I'm here in 3arena near enough to the front with my 15 year old son. His first concert. Starting to fill up and not a burger in sight
    Enjoy! I'm jealous! With you on the weirdo thing! Hope your son likes it.

Moz probably not as weird as he'd make out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was fine. Probably my last time going to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Comes across as being some arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, the flows were great, but the ebbs were rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Very good gig better then his last one in 3arena. The flow of songs just seemed to work better this time. Saying that crowd where awful. Some bunch of saps around me talking whole way threw it.

When his cover of the pretenders gets a great reaction above most of the other songs that says it all......

Some prick in front of me ended up face timing his missus half way threw it.

Shame cause he sounds as good as he ever has!

Don't understand people turning up to gig who clearly never listened to the album that's mostly being played threw out the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fuzzbuzz

Great gig, far far better than last time he was here, much better setlist. Much bigger crowd than I expected, dunno what happened last time.
    Thought he was in great form, and at least the carnage videos were scaled back this time, much more enjoyable experience all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Some voice in fairness, it has held up well over the years. The new album is great and the songs played super live. Seriously talented bunch of musicians on stage too.
    Really enjoyed it last night and he was on good form. Enjoyed the stage setup too. The opening image with Thatcher and the riot cop on the horse with a baton was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Missed him last night. Cant do em all and I'm not hugely keen on the new album really but sounded great from the clips I saw. How Soon is Now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Long time fan here, so I've seen him a good few times. I thought it was average. The sound was muddy where we were standing.

Talk about a mixed crowd - great to see such a diverse fanbase.

His voice was good & strong for the most part, but I thought it was a weak setlist. I think the new album is one of his worst, so the new songs didn't really do it for me. I loved the World Peace album & thought he was much better on that tour.

That said, the stage was great & the backdrops / videos worked really well. The Dean Martin pic between songs was very funny.

dean_martin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Great gig, its like being at a comedy show, he is Mr tongue-in-cheek.

(Apart from the bull fighter montage, ouch!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭bullpost

Good gig. First time seeing him in a long time. Band were very good.
    Speedway was highlight for me.

Videos preceeding gig were also good - Great to see The Pistols and James Brown belting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    The Dean Martin pic between songs was very funny.

dean_martin.jpg

You are going to have to explain that one to me!
    And his comment about Dean Martin and Dame Street and only 2 people knowing him?

I enjoyed the concert last night. A nice mix of the old and the new. I was standing to the left front of the stage and thankfully those around me were really in to the gig. So a decent atmosphere.

And his comment about Dean Martin and Dame Street and only 2 people knowing him?

I enjoyed the concert last night. A nice mix of the old and the new. I was standing to the left front of the stage and thankfully those around me were really in to the gig. So a decent atmosphere.

Lucky you! Ha I was in the middle near sound desk and most people around me spent more time back and forth to the bar on there phones or talking ****e!

They came alive for how soon is now that was about it.

I wasn't big into world peace as an album taught similar about high school but more I heard it grew on me and it was much better played live.

Actually world peace is none of your business was one the best songs on the night! Every day is like Sunday being a bit of a let down for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭bullpost

Anyone know if there's a list of videos that were played before the concert?

I knew most of them but one or two were new to me and would like to know who they were.

Found this older list which has most but not all. There was one band in biker jackets with greased back hair?

Got it - Robert Gordon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VwzuzhWv3A&index=7&list=PLdlKjfbzZGdm4c-p7yrMXSTm1H8rUDy20

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdlKjfbzZGdmwMTbg1d2Ztm7HLg7ECniz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Ah, I just thought it was typical Morrissey... a real "I couldn't care less what anybody thinks of me" message
    Lucky you! Ha I was in the middle near sound desk and most people around me spent more time back and forth to the bar on there phones or talking ****e!

They came alive for how soon is now that was about it.

I wasn't big into world peace as an album taught similar about high school but more I heard it grew on me and it was much better played live.

Actually world peace is none of your business was one the best songs on the night! Every day is like Sunday being a bit of a let down for me anyway.

I was close to where you were & noticed a lot of people heading to the bar / smoking area whenever a less well known song was played.

Funnily enough, I liked Every Day is Like Sunday. Other highlights for me were World Peace, Munich Air Disaster and How Soon Is Now

He said that the pictures of Dame Street were from the 40s and only a few people would recognise it from then

There was a mini altercation where I was, some girl ended up on the ground and covered in drink, anyone else see what that was about?

There was a mini altercation where I was, some girl ended up on the ground and covered in drink, anyone else see what that was about?

Wasn't cause of the shirt he threw into the crowd was it?

Wasn't cause of the shirt he threw into the crowd was it?

No, it was before then, during Everyday Is Like Sunday

Can't stop thinking about the gig. Loved it so much

Funny only just remembered bout guy who was in front of me for while with big bucket of popcorn at his legs!

Never touched it haha. Taught it was really random.

Funny only just remembered bout guy who was in front of me for while with big bucket of popcorn at his legs!

Never touched it haha. Taught it was really random.

Haha brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 fuzzbuzz

Wondered about that, assumed it was about the shirt. Saw a pint in the air alright earlier, didn't put 2and2 together that it might be the reason for the later row. Was laughing at mozzas personal bodyguard in that corner all night. In fairness, I saw him get absolutely floored in new York by a fan a few years ago so I can understand why he was lurking there.

Advertisement