Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey - 20 February 2018 - 3Arena

Options
  • 27-10-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭

Morrissey announced for the 20 February at the 3Arena. Tickets go on sale next Friday at 10am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Excellent. Always worth seeing. Hes on Graham Norton tonight.

Steve in Vicar St is the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The Nal wrote: »
    Excellent. Always worth seeing. Hes on Graham Norton tonight.

Steve in Vicar St is the dream.

He played 2 nights there back in 2011.
    Was a reality for me!

Presuming the Steve your referring to is Mozza!

Tbh I hate vicar street, and the 3 arena is pretty soulless! I might jet off for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Any idea if can get tickets in advance of Friday somehow? Any preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

unichick wrote: »
    Any idea if can get tickets in advance of Friday somehow? Any preorders?

Should be a three pre sale on weds, keep on eye on the 3plus app

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah three pre sale takes place Wed Nov 1st at 9am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah three pre sale takes place Wed Nov 1st at 9am. I have a spare code if anyone wants it (first person too PM gets it)

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Brilliant thanks. I'm not 3 but husband is so I've got a code. Fingers crossed for tickets.

Any 3 customers out there happen to have a spare pre-sale code they ain't gonna use?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Someone bought 2 and put them straight up on Seatwave for €200 each. Don't even think this will be a sell out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wheety wrote: »
    Someone bought 2 and put them straight up on Seatwave for €200 each. Don't even think this will be a sell out. :D

87 and 97 euro face value for seats ,crazy money .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    87 and 97 euro face value for seats ,crazy money .

Indeed. This is selling out at 76 per standing ticket. You'll pick one up from a tout for 40 outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The Nal wrote: »
    Indeed. This is selling out at 76 per standing ticket. You'll pick one up from a tout for 40 outside.

Still standing available on Ticketmaster so I'd say the armchair touts are a bit worried.

They'd have to list them for around €65ish to match Ticketmaster's facevalue (including fees). Then they have to pay a fee from that €65.

Wheety wrote: »
    Still standing available on Ticketmaster so I'd say the armchair touts are a bit worried.

They'd have to list them for around €65ish to match Ticketmaster's facevalue (including fees). Then they have to pay a fee from that €65.

Sorry meant to say this isn't selling out. Steves latest batch of silly comments won't help.

They were selling Steely Dan tickets for half price on Saturday night outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭PGE1970

My 12 year old son wants to come to this gig with me.

Unfortunately, he can't be in the standing area due to his age. He's a tall lad, about 5'7 but I'm now forced to seating tickets at over €80 with fees. That's too much.

I haven't missed a Morrissey gig in years. The last one in the Point was about 75% full (in a restricted capacity - curtains in the seating areas etc). The last gig was poor enough as the last album was poor. Except for Asleep, Everyday is like Sunday etc, the crowd were quiet.

I've seen the setlist for his gigs in the US this week and it's the new album with 4 or 5 favourites. I like "Spent the Day in Bed" but I'm going to wait until I hear the album before I decide whether to go or not. €160 for me and my boy plus travel, grub etc makes it a over €200 night out.

:(

PGE1970 wrote: »

Unfortunately, he can't be in the standing area due to his age. He's a tall lad, about 5'7 but I'm now forced to seating tickets at over €80 with fees. That's too much.

I haven't missed a Morrissey gig in years. The last one in the Point was about 75% full (in a restricted capacity - curtains in the seating areas etc). The last gig was poor enough as the last album was poor. Except for Asleep, Everyday is like Sunday etc, the crowd were quiet.

I've seen the setlist for his gigs in the US this week and it's the new album with 4 or 5 favourites. I like "Spent the Day in Bed" but I'm going to wait until I hear the album before I decide whether to go or not. €160 for me and my boy plus travel, grub etc makes it a over €200 night out.

Hold off until the week of the gig and you'll pick up tickets for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

not sure if I ever heard of someone turned away due to this. I would be shocked if a 5'7' lad was turned away going in with a parent, could be 5'8' by the time of the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Will Mozza request that no meat products are sold in the venue for the gig?

Peter File wrote: »
    Will Mozza request that no meat products are sold in the venue for the gig?

Yes, he always insists venues go meat free on the night.

I never get the giving out about this... Do people come to a concert for dinner!?.... The food is ****!

Having said that I'm sure the guys outside the venue will be selling burgers and hot dogs. Let's hope it's kept out of Mozza's eye line! It seems cancelations are creeping back into his tour again, here's hoping he is in good health!

Yes, he always insists venues go meat free on the night.

I never get the giving out about this... Do people come to a concert for dinner!?
    My guess is he is not going to the gig and is just getting a dig in. I see no complaint, more than likely a hit & run post. I thought there would be more discussion about his "weinstein" comments, and the potential for promoters to feel obliged to cancel, which would be a shame. Maybe the fact that a female, especially an elderly "stateswoman" like Lansbury said similar has calmed things. I imagine the promoters are delighted that sexism and ageism is still so utterly rife, and so can downplay his comments.

I haven't missed a Morrissey gig in years. The last one in the Point was about 75% full (in a restricted capacity - curtains in the seating areas etc). The last gig was poor enough as the last album was poor. Except for  Asleep, Everyday is like Sunday etc, the crowd were quiet.

I really liked the last album! Asleep was the highlight though yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

cant wait. got our 2 tickets for standing. I'm bringing my 15 year old and it will be his first concert

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭savj2

I have two tickets standing for sale face value if anybody is interested

They are on sale on seatwave as well currently but to be honest I'm just looking to get rid of them so first come first served.

Electronic tickets FYI.

cheapest on seatwave, and when you get there you risk them being fakes, yeah you might get a refund but its no consolation to many.
    2 tickets x €71.08 each * €142.16
    Booking Fee (inc VAT) €25.98
    Do you have a discount code? Click here

Important information

*Ticket prices are set by the sellers and may be higher than face value

Face value printed on ticket excluding fees: €80.00

Total For Your Tickets €168.14

ticketbastard, and you could get a cheaper price buying from an outlet.
    2 Full Price Ticket
    €139.00
    €69.50 x 2
    U16s Must Be Accompanied, By A Parent / Guardian, Standing - Strictly Over 14s, Standing
    Fees
    €13.70
    €6.85 (Service Charge) x 2
    Subtotal
    €152.70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

savj2 wrote: »
    I have two tickets standing for sale face value if anybody is interested

They are on sale on seatwave as well currently but to be honest I'm just looking to get rid of them so first come first served.

Electronic tickets FYI.
    You should stick them on toutless and #ticketfairy on twittter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Looking forward to this. Thanks to the Mrs who got tickets for me. Haven't seen him since he was in the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hope he sings suedehead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

1 standing hard copy for sale. Less than facevalue take €60 for it.

PM me if interested thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This will be my first time seeing Morrisey. Really looking forward to it now. I just hope he is in a half decent mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭mgkelly

This will be my first time seeing Morrisey. Really looking forward to it now. I just hope he is in a half decent mood.
    I'm sure you heard he upset some Scottish folks in Glasgow by slagging off Nicola Sturgeon. Some people walked out! One can't be too sensitive if one goes to see the Moz. Always stirring things. A bit of a wind up merchant. 
    Enjoy the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Basically a hometown gig. I'm meeting him in the Four Roads for a few.

Advertisement