Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

podge3 wrote: »
    Canada is slightly cheaper than Mexico for the 4k premium sub.

Its $13.99 CAD, which works out at about €9.45, slightly more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

cletus wrote: »
    Its $13.99 CAD, which works out at about €9.45, slightly more expensive
    Sorry, you are correct, the figures here are incorrect or out of date:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vId7Jpl8pBUJNE4ghcuq24R9mD1k5BOsRC85cmnDB5s/edit#gid=2040029773

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Has anyone set up an account today? I still haven't managed to. Do they charge the Revolut card in Euro or USD?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Quick question on this - say 4 people are set up on one account - do they each have different login email/passwords or same login?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Prezatch wrote: »
    Quick question on this - say 4 people are set up on one account - do they each have different login email/passwords or same login?

It's the same login/password. They can have separate profiles though.

• Advertisement

Go on so.... also interested in joining a 4k Netflix family for 12 months mexico rate. Can do Revolut or Paypal

Also getting an error using revolut card "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

and on Hola vpn set to mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Also getting an error using revolut card "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

and on Hola vpn set to mexico.

Is your Revolut account region locked ? Most of them are unless it’s disabled
    I’d say it’s an issue with the Revolut rather than Netflix

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is your Revolut account region locked ? Most of them are unless it’s disabled
    I’d say it’s an issue with the Revolut rather than Netflix
    Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread but how do you go about disabling region lock on Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Has anyone set up an account today? I still haven't managed to. Do they charge the Revolut card in Euro or USD?

Have you money in the account to cover the first month?

• Advertisement

DK224 wrote: »
    Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread but how do you go about disabling region lock on Revolut?

In the app, hit cards, then security

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Have you money in the account to cover the first month?

My card was decline first, topped it up by 10 euro and then got the error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

I had 30mxn taken out when I set up and then returned.

DK224 wrote: »

Let me google that for you lol
    Security options in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My card was decline first, topped it up by 10 euro and then got the error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Strange.

I initially set my self up on my Irish debit card (no problem) got 3 lads off here to chip in (3 x 27€ plus mine) transferred all funds to my revolut card.

Changed payment method from debit card to my revolut card.

I had zero bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,691 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Go on so.... also interested in joining a 4k Netflix family for 12 months mexico rate. Can do Revolut or Paypal

so thats you and me, anyone else want in?

You pay in mxn which is the Mexican currency

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Cyrus wrote:
    so thats you and me, anyone else want in?

I'll join too. Can pay either revolut or PayPal

Cyrus and Cyal8r, I'll try again this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

Cyrus and Cyal8r, I'll try again this evening

Is there room for one more? I have Revolut also.

• Advertisement

There is. I'll PM if successful

Side note: You all have oddly similar usernames!

EDIT: This group is now full

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

I just signed up for the 4k premium option using Revolut on an account that was cancelled as of yesterday an it worked fine.

I used Colombia as it costs E8.23 vs Mexico at E8.96 (todays prices on Xe.com).

Thanks again to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

podge3 wrote: »
    I just signed up for the 4k premium option using Revolut on an account that was cancelled as of yesterday an it worked fine.

I used Colombia as it costs E8.23 vs Mexico at E8.96 (todays prices on Xe.com).

Thanks again to the OP.

Yeah I done the same, I let the IRL account just go to close, then restarted it using the VPN for Mexico, no issues.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I am looking to sign up with someone if anyone is thinking of setting up.. Can send money by revolt
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Signed up in Mexico, worked with Revolute, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Has anyone signed up using an iPhone? If so what vpn app did you use? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Millem wrote: »

What is the difference iPhone or browser, with VPN it doesn't matter, does it?

Denisoftus wrote: »

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Denisoftus wrote: »

I have tried two VPN apps....one didn’t have Mexico....one did but was so slow Netflix page wouldn’t open. Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

• Advertisement

I have tried two VPN apps....one didn’t have Mexico....one did but was so slow Netflix page wouldn’t open. Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Hola is the vpn most people are using on here if you read back a few pages
    Bit of googling can help if you’re stuck

Advertisement