Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

jive wrote: »
    I'm going to set up an account over next couple of days, regular non-4K as I've no 4K tv.

Revolut if possible but bank transfer will do, PM if interested.
    Count me in have revolut how much for year?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭kindalen

Pm sent, have Revolut. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I'm going to set up an account over next couple of days, regular non-4K as I've no 4K tv.

Think you have to go with 4 screens on HD,4k etc as the other packages only offer 1 or 2 screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Is it 5000 posts or dont bother? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

PM Sent. Think the 4 screen package comes with 4k by default. However open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

cronos wrote: »
    PM Sent. Think the 4 screen package comes with 4k by default. However open to correction.

Cool, haven't looked into myself so you're probably right... thought 4K might just be an additional option.

No 5k post barrier or anything to who mentioned that :p I will go through PMs on first come first served basis later on this evening

Edit: my slots are full just checked my PMs, will get back to ye later via PM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Use different email addresses every 6 months and get half price All the time if you want to

How does this work after the free trial is the first 6 months half price or what?

Im a member the last 18 months so wouldnt mind being able to get it half price :)

Or

Can i go the vpn Mexico route with an existing account or do i need to make another?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

If anyone has a spot for a 4k sub send me a pm revolut or paypal

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I would be on for a 4K sub please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Cool, haven't looked into myself so you're probably right... thought 4K might just be an additional option.

No 5k post barrier or anything to who mentioned that :p I will go through PMs on first come first served basis later on this evening

Edit: my slots are full just checked my PMs, will get back to ye later via PM

Cool I believe the lads can explain how to sign up via Mexcio VPN if you have never done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Free: Use Hola and be a peer

Anything to be worried about here as only going to use it to set up a VPN via Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Anything to be worried about here as only going to use it to set up a VPN via Mexico?

I wouldnt worry about it ,you will only be using it for less than 5 minutes while you set up the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

TallGlass wrote: »
    All done via Mexico, 7€ basically. Grand job.

Is that €7 / 4 people per month :confused: sounds l?
    i think youve hit the nail on the head.i tried it on my phone and it worked then i tried the android box and it was all over the shop.mainly this show isnt available in your region etc.then i signed in on the xbox and it worked no problem.so its working but it just needs to reset itself to ireland viewing i presume.

@omegagene thanks for your help.i think it was confused at the start as to where i was if that makes sense.it was late and i was tired as well :)

thanks for the help.at least i have a free month to sort out any problems.

I see that Season 4 is starting next week on BBC2, with RTE & BBC showing it over the last few weeks, RTE 2 show last 2 ep on Wed

& this maybe a stupid question, if someone has an android box, would you get the same shows on showbox etc, i'm only asking as i've got neither :(

Is that €7 / 4 people per month :confused: sounds l?

Yup approx €7 per month divided by 4.Approx €27 per person for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

are there any open groups? I PM'ed 2 people but was too late.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

are there any open groups? I PM'ed 2 people but was too late.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Would you not set one up ?
    You will get 3 to join within hours.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Would you not set one up ?
    You will get 3 to join within hours.

Call me stupid but how do I go about it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭cletus

Call me stupid but how do I go about it please?

Download tunnelbear.
    Set up an account
    Set your location to Mexico
    Go to netflix.
    Turn off tunnelbear
    Sign in to Netflix
    Enjoy

Thanks. And why is Revolut so popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks. And why is Revolut so popular?

Revolut is popular because they dont charge you commission on currency exchange.

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Revolut is popular because they dont charge you commission on currency exchange.

Thanks again.
    Last 2 questions (I think.)

After I set it up can I cast from my phone to tv (using Chromecast) using the default Netflix app without any issues?

I'll be moving house in the early New Year. This won't be any issue as accounts are linked to email addresses- correct?

I'll set up a group once I have fully understanding and set up my account.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Thanks again.
    Last 2 questions (I think.)

After I set it up can I cast from my phone to tv (using Chromecast) using the default Netflix app without any issues?

I'll be moving house in the early New Year. This won't be any issue as accounts are linked to email addresses- correct?

I'll set up a group once I have fully understanding and set up my account.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Once you have set up your account via Tunnelbear(or whatever VPN you use) you then log in as normal to netflix and it has all the same features as if you signed up directly from Irish version.

You only need VPN once to make payment via Mexico.

No other difference from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭jamesd

If I select the 4 screens 4K option can I via the netflix website go to Playback Settings and change it to Low - Basic Quality , up to 0.3GB per hour.

I currently have the 2 screen HD option and have it set Low so save my bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

any 4k sub spots going? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

On the Mexican site here setting up an account. Having problems setting up payment, gives me an error with my debit card and with my Revolut card no matter whether I select Credit or Debit card as payment method.

What does Error say? do you have your location security turned on in Revoult App?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

mad m wrote: »
    What does Error say? do you have your location security turned on in Revoult App?

Just a very non descriptive "There is a problem with your payment card" message.
    Didn't know there was a location security option on Revolut, will try that now.

edit - Location security was not active on Revolut.

edit 2 - Now getting a "Sorry, we are unable to complete the sign-up process now. Please try again later." message.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Where are people getting €7 a month from? Is is not 199 pesos a month (~€9)for the premium plan? Or have I missed something?

Where are people getting €7 a month from? Is is not 199 pesos a month (~€9)for the premium plan? Or have I missed something?

9 x 12 = 108. 27 x 4 =

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Deleted.

Advertisement