Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah that seems to be it.A fair level of thrust involved .Ideally you would do it with friends/family but I suppose if someone is a long time user here or is known then it can work when paying upfront for a year or whatever.

Giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

1 space available here having set one up. €27 per annum up front. 1,000+ posts on boards, paypal or revolut only. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Danny2580 wrote: »
    1 space available here having set one up. €27 per annum up front. 1,000+ posts on boards, paypal or revolut only. PM me if interested.

1000+ posts on boards?
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

big thanks to NikoTopps for sorting me out with a spot in his group

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

1000+ posts on boards?
    Why?

more active here = a certain level of credibility = a greater level of trust

or thrust...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

ablelocks wrote: »
    more active here = a certain level of credibility = a greater level of trust

or thrust...
    I would nearly cancel my own and go for that!

If I cancel is it fairly instant? Have you the 4K yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

eoghan104 wrote: »

[X] confirmed busto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Any groups looking for someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

eoghan104 wrote: »

whoah there i'm not setting one up or looking to join a group...

i think it works best for one user households - me, i've too many family members leeches to provide for so it just wouldn't be practical...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

If you need a thousand posts to be trusted, then how can you be trusted??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People can always set up their own groups if they don't like Danny2580's stipulations, and are not bone idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭SteM

Starting up a group of 2. Must have even 1000+ posts, a 6 figure income, be single and look like Mila Kunis. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

NikoTopps wrote: »
    In spirit of how easy and well the Spotify family worked out am looking for 3 others to make a Netflix "family"

You need have Revolut to send the money,and be active/longtime Boards user is preferable

Netflix Mexico 4 screen plan is 199MXN which is around 8,88€. 8,88€/4 = 2,22€/month/each

Would want to do a few month in advance but all that can be worked out,my Revolut card never used with Netflix before too so there is a free month to be had also! . If interested first 3 pm me and thank this post

Hope i made some sense :pac:
    Cheers

Quick update on this ,our «family» is now up and running and it is working perfect ! thanks to my family members :pac::pac:

just use travel agent like Hola to visit Mexico with 3 other boardsies ,1 sets it up with his payment info and the other 3 pay him .Easy!

have to just love Boards ,first spotify and now netflix!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm looking to join a group if one is free. Please pm me.
    Have 12000+ posts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

sorry, 2young,cannot trust.Come back when u have 20.000 posts :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sorry, 2young,cannot trust.Come back when u have 20.000 posts :pac::pac:

Says the man with 460 in 18 months :)

But I agree with the sentiment. Proven committment to the boards community is a good reference for trust

Same here so that's 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

4 screen with 4k,yes. Pay MXN and divide with 4 is 2,22€,compared with 13,99€ in Éire
    you can also divide with 4 irish price and it will be only 15 euro more per year.

bliger wrote: »
    you can also divide with 4 irish price and it will be only 15 euro more per year.

But why would you want to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭SteM

cronos wrote: »
    But why would you want to?

You wouldn't but it's a fairer comparison than to say €2.22 in Mexico compared with €13,99 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Interested in joining a family

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Interested in joining a family

Think this is 3 of us now. Does anyone want to run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I'm still on the lookout for a family also.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Just a note that I found this easy to set up using Hola. Download the Hola VPN stuff to your browswer, select Mexico, sign up for Netflix, then uninstall the Hola stuff assuming it has served its purpose.

There was great demand via PM so I'd be surprised if one or two "families" couldn't be set up within a couple of hours. Sorry I couldn't reply to everyone personally, the first to reply were signed up.

Regarding the 1,000 posts - while I'm sure everyone has the greater good at heart, I'd personally be a bit hesitant giving someone with very little track record on here access to my e-mail, phone number, and half of my credit card details. Personal choice, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Just a note that I found this easy to set up using Hola. Download the Hola VPN stuff to your browswer, select Mexico, sign up for Netflix, then uninstall the Hola stuff assuming it has served its purpose.

There was great demand via PM so I'd be surprised if one or two "families" couldn't be set up within a couple of hours. Sorry I couldn't reply to everyone personally, the first to reply were signed up.

Regarding the 1,000 posts - while I'm sure everyone has the greater good at heart, I'd personally be a bit hesitant giving someone with very little track record on here access to my e-mail, phone number, and half of my credit card details. Personal choice, simple.

once signed up to mexico, can this be used on a roku for example?
    as the netflix available on the roku is ireland/uk based afaik.
    basically where can it be run?
    PC/android box yes?
    roku yes/no?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

No need to give that amount of information really, I joined a family and the person that set it up gave me PayPal details to pay for 6 months and I paid him using the friends and family option, he then sent me the access email to the account

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

All that info is available in the account details, which you now have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

im interested in this also but how many screens do i get to watch it on at home.i currently pay 9.99 monthly for 2 screens.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

im interested in this also but how many screens do i get to watch it on at home.i currently pay 9.99 monthly for 2 screens.thanks

If you opt to change to a Mexico account, you can get four simultaneous screens in 4k for about €9. If you opt for the boards family thing people are doing here, I'd imagine everybody is expected to use only 1 screen

Advertisement