Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire 7” and 8” Kids Edition Tablets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

wizardman wrote: »
    Is it possible when you power up the tablet to open directly into kids profile?

I'm going to try a free VPN and see will it work for the videos.

I tried using the Getflix DNS settings but couldn't get any internet connection on it then

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Chieftain wrote: »
    I tried using the Getflix DNS settings but couldn't get any internet connection on it then

Works fine for me. Remember that you need to set your IP address on the getflix site
    jkbah wrote: »
    Used ipvanish to get all content working. Just have to allow it in the child profile and switch it on from there. Also put play store on so have all working now. Great purchase. Well done santa. Just wondering how to get the you tube kids into the child profile

You can't load youtube kids and other side loaded apps on the kids profile unfortunately anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Re-opening this thread

I have been able to sideload google play to the parent profile - have the Amazon Fire Kids HD8

I have downloaded Youtube Kids to the parent profile, just checking if anyone has been able to add it to the Childs profile?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭domeld

Re-opening this thread

I have been able to sideload google play to the parent profile - have the Amazon Fire Kids HD8

I have downloaded Youtube Kids to the parent profile, just checking if anyone has been able to add it to the Childs profile?

Thanks!

Nope, to control tablet you can install google family link

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DG28

I'm in Ireland. Going to Liverpool next month. Want to buy the Amazon Fire HD 8 for kids over there. Will the free Amazon kids work here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DG28 wrote: »
    I'm in Ireland. Going to Liverpool next month. Want to buy the Amazon Fire HD 8 for kids over there. Will the free Amazon kids work here?

Yes. My kids have them and it works. I did register my address as an English one.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just to confirm l set up an Fire Tablet for my sister on Wednesday, used a UK address and it worked perfectly. Thank you Boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Got new Fire 7" for the 2 kids. Both have been set up with UK addresses (London), but still not seeing any content. What am I missing?

On each of the tablets check the Kindle region or its called something like that. Make sure it's set to UK. If not, change to UK and wait an hour. Reboot (power cycle) each tablet and see does it make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

SachaJ wrote: »
    On each of the tablets check the Kindle region or its called something like that. Make sure it's set to UK. If not, change to UK and wait an hour. Reboot (power cycle) each tablet and see does it make a difference.

I missed the fire for kids app. Once I launched that all was setup ok, thanks.

Advertisement