Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

1. GerryBBadd
    2. SureYwouldntya
    3. Lord Tsc
    4. C-Man
    5. Omackeral
    6. PTH2009
    7. BrianRegan09
    8. Bounty Hunter
    9. LeeJM
    10. Shagnasti
    11. Ruat Caelum
    12. Necrominus
    13. thebostoncrab
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. JP Liz

So we have 15 players confirmed, I will leave the sign up thread open for a few hours and see if anyone else wants to join.

If no one does Ill make up the short fall. Ill do a draw later tonight and brackets will be posted tonight and the game shall start tomorrow at midday with our first two match ups!

Good luck everyone and thanks for playing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You looking for suggestions re: possible questions for the tourney?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    You looking for suggestions re: possible questions for the tourney?

Always... private messages are much welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'll take the 16th spot if it's still available

Paulie21 come on down.....

Brackets will be up soon

• Advertisement

. GerryBBadd
    2. SureYwouldntya
    3. Lord Tsc
    4. C-Man
    5. Omackeral
    6. PTH2009
    7. BrianRegan09
    8. Bounty Hunter
    9. LeeJM
    10. Shagnasti
    11. Ruat Caelum
    12. Necrominus
    13. thebostoncrab
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. JP Liz
    16. Paulie21

Thats our contestants for this year and here are how each of you fit into the brackets.

Bounty Hunter
    Omackeral
    QF1:W1 vs W2
    PTH2009
    LeeJM
    SF1:WQF1 vs WQF2
    JP Liz
    Shagnasti
    GF1:W3 vs w4
    Lord TSC
    SureYwouldntya
    Final:
    Mr Nice Guy
    thebostoncrab
    QF3:W5 vs W6
    Connemara Man
    Necrominus
    SF2:WQF3 vs WQF4
    Paulie21
    GerryBBadd
    QF4:W7 vs W8
    Ruet Caelum
    BrianRegan09

The first two match ups will be posted before 4 guys!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Think I might have my one in mind for HBK's last ever match. Will start on it later tonight and have it posted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Think I might have my one in mind for HBK's last ever match. Will start on it later tonight and have it posted up.

It is a cracker of a question

F*ck now I'm second guessing myself and thinking of a completely different one. Eek. I'll decide tonight. It's a good question and there's a few ways you can go with it.

• Advertisement

F*ck now I'm second guessing myself and thinking of a completely different one. Eek. I'll decide tonight. It's a good question and there's a few ways you can go with it.

Thats what ATH questions do, many good answers, but which one can you do more justice to. And do you risk your opponent doing a better job?

Decisions.....etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sorry if you were going to pick him Omackeral, was a little afraid that by the time I finished writing that you may already have.

HBK vs AJ Styles FTW!

great question Joe

I feel this battle is gonna be a doozy. Great first post by BH, how will Omac respond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have a bit of other work to do first but I should start working on my answer tonight.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I feel this battle is gonna be a doozy. Great first post by BH, how will Omac respond?

riddled with grammar / spelling errors now that I look back over it but it's almost 2am here so just wanted to get it in before potentially losing that match up to my opponent. There are plenty of other potential bouts but it's the one that jumped out at me when I first read the question.

2 great answers up in the first of our two opening bouts. A poll will be added after Omackerals first rebuttal.

Just got my rebuttal in there. Hope you all enjoy it.

Just got my rebuttal in there. Hope you all enjoy it.

and with that (my 2nd rebuttal is up) im out. Look forward to you seeing out our rd1 bout mate, twas a goodun.

Also looking forward to checking out the other 1st round ties, some potentially very tasty match ups there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

2 Great questions to kick off , have already cast my vote in one :)

Good battle Bounty Hunter. Any other candidates you had in mind? I had a paragraph written on HBK vs The Rock but I couldn't really think of an aftermath that would pay off so started over.

• Advertisement

Good battle Bounty Hunter. Any other candidates you had in mind? I had a paragraph written on HBK vs The Rock but I couldn't really think of an aftermath that would pay off so started over.

Same goes man.

I did consider the Rock as tbh those two at Mania is often cited as both mens' missed dream match but I could clearly see how I would argue against such a match (2 part timers etc) so avoided it to instead go for AJ.

HBK apparently said a few years back that Joe would be his dream opponent if he ever came back (but he was saying that he wouldn't at the same time). so I considered that but again it just didn't draw me as well as my choice.

The final one I considered was doing something out of left field if you had taken my choice ahead of me, and that would be choosing someone not currently on the WWE roster such as Kenny Omega.

Our first AH match is over and Bounty Hunter wills by a landslide. Omackeral fought a good fight but it wasnt enough to sway the masses. Bounty Hunter goes on to teh next round while Omackeral bows out.

The other match between PTH2009 and LeeJM hasnt kicked off yet despite the match being up the last a good few days now. If theres no movement in the next 24 hours then I may have to sadly call this one a no contest.

The next match up will be live shortly, so keep tuned.

The match with JP Liz and Shagnasti is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The match with JP Liz and Shagnasti is up!

Well that is thinker of a question, please bear with me while I consider as have a few in mind ;)

Great options available with the create a tag team question, looking forward to the replies.

Any word from PTH2009 or LeeJM from match 2? If there's a forfeit/substitution from either or both, I'll gladly give it another bash if there's no other volunteers as I got slaughtered by BH!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** guys didn't knw I was up i thought I'd get a PM or something

I'll look at my question and have an answer by 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well that is thinker of a question, please bear with me while I consider as have a few in mind ;)

I had this very question last year. I'm gonna sleep in it and look towards getting my arguement up sometime tomorrow evening if that's OK.

Good luck Liz.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105202523&postcount=2

heres my answer to question 2, again im sorry for not noticing i was match 2 and for the delay but i would like too hear some feedback on my answer

Writing for wwe is harder than you think lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105202523&postcount=2

heres my answer to question 2, again im sorry for not noticing i was match 2 and for the delay but i would like too hear some feedback on my answer

Writing for wwe is harder than you think lol

Not sure what's going on with Lee but he should reply before we give feedback otherwise we're just giving people ammo to use against opponents by commenting in here.

That said myself and Omackeral are done now if anyone wants to comment on all that HBshizzle, personally I think it was close than the poll suggests (often the case) but I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My own opinion is someone like Ziggler would be a massive waste of a one time only return for HBK , what has he really done to deserve it ?

AJ vs Shawn is a dream match that everyone would like to see thats why ya go my vote

Advertisement