Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobpath letter.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Im not unemployed. I assume you are with over 1000 posts in the 3 months since you joined?. Alot of time on boards that!.

Why would I take advice from you or Mr Rudd for that matter?.

My point is the report from him/Rabble my own research show Jobbridge is rotten ans cruel. Using factual evidence and government reports
    Go ahead believe every single word out of Varadkars mouth like most here do.

Its so sad that people like yourself simply cannot engage your mind even for a moment not for a second to question anything the State tells you. The State brainwashing and PR spin is SO deeply embedded like folk like yourself live in the World like in the movie Equilibrium.

You’re as mad as a bag of spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

You’re as mad as a bag of spiders.

Hey I'd rather be "mad" than be like you. Totally illiterate. You stuggled and admit to not being able to read the posted report (all in simple plain English).
    Adult evening classes perhaps?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Im not unemployed. I assume you are with over 1000 posts in the 3 months since you joined?. Alot of time on boards that!.

My point is the report from him/Rabble my own research show Jobbridge is rotten ans cruel. Using factual evidence and government reports

Its so sad that people like yourself simply cannot engage your mind even for a moment not for a second to question anything the State tells you. The State brainwashing and PR spin is SO deeply embedded like folk like yourself live in the World like in the movie Equilibrium.

You seem to have an obsession with post counts and employment.

Do you have actual paid employment, I simply cannot believe people would be so against job path and also support Mr. Rudd would have a paying job.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    You seem to have an obsession with post counts and employment.

Do you have actual paid employment, I simply cannot believe people would be so against job path and also support Mr. Rudd would have a paying job.

I work not that its any of your very nosy business Do you may I ask are you in paid employment?. Im a man. My "job" does not define me.
    I am against a crooked money grabbing state taking advantage of the most vunerable of our society as I have been on hard times in the past and seen the nonsense some folk go through. Not me but many poor folk can get very depressed.
    Always been principled and stood up to crap.

Its people like you wonder why mental illness and suicide etc is high in Ireland yet never ask yourself why you assume very arrogantly you have a right to JUDGE those who aren't in salary slavery. Oh sorry "in paid employment".

Like all of us you will be lying on a death bed some day the difference is you will be asking yourself "why did I give my best years to a rich old nasty Fool who couldnt care for me less." I gave up the rat race. Run my own business. Hard going but Im not lining someones pockets who wouldnt pizz on me if push came to shove and I was on fire. Those working for souless corporations and companies aren't so priveleged as I'm sure you can confirm.
    Sad sack those that their "job " is everything. Life is to be lived, it doesn't last baby!.

I work not that its any of your very nosy business Do you may I ask are you in paid employment?. Im a man. My "job" does not define me.
    I am against a crooked money grabbing state taking advantage of the most vunerable of our society as I have been on hard times in the past and seen the nonsense some folk go through. Not me but many poor folk can get very depressed.
    Always been principled and stood up to crap.

Its people like you wonder why mental illness and suicide etc is high in Ireland yet never ask yourself why you assume very arrogantly you have a right to JUDGE those who aren't in salary slavery. Oh sorry "in paid employment".

Like all of us you will be lying on a death bed some day the difference is you will be asking yourself "why did I give my best years to a rich old nasty Fool who couldnt care for me less." I gave up the rat race. Run my own business. Hard going but Im not lining someones pockets who wouldnt pizz on me if push came to shove and I was on fire. Those working for souless corporations and companies aren't so priveleged as I'm sure you can confirm.
    Sad sack those that their "job " is everything. Life is to be lived, it doesn't last baby!.

Yes, i work in another country.

May I ask what makes the unemployed the most vulnerable people in society, I can understand some will have disabilities that stops them from working but what makes the able bodied persons vulnerable.

Go to another country and see someone working 60 hours a week just to barely make ends meat, tell them people in Ireland can get free money for not working and that these people will cry on their expensive electronics about being forced to gain more knowledge or get work experience to have a chance at being more employable all whilst still being fully supported by their government.

And men throughout all of time have had jobs, whether it was picking fruit, hunting, making weapons etc,

So when people choose not to do anything they will of course feel down like a caged tiger, no mental stimulation is bad for ones mental health.

Also everything costs money these days so earning money is the best way for a better life. I've worked all my adult life, I have visited 30+ countries before the age of 30. Sitting at home all day watching TV and walking in the park every now and then is not living.

And you have your own business, don't you want it to be profitable, and even in the future hire some staff?

Then what, then you'll be the big corporation, Man.

You're so full of sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Eh maybe try and get a job and pay your own way? Unemployment is at historic lows....

Unemployment is not at historic lows - the live register is.
    More and more people are engaging with Turas Nua / Seetec / JobPath and while doing so are not signing on. This is what has caused the huge drop on the live register - not people gaining employment.

Numbers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So your not unemployed but you are still encouraging unemployed people to take heed of Mr Rudd.
    And I’m not unemployed either but do actually work at the coalface with people who are, and I know what the consequences of heeding Mr Rudd will be.
    By the way JobBridge doesn’t exist any more and it’s not a topic on this thread
    But you take your world view from a fictional movie, so I wouldn’t expect you to know that.
    Obsessive post counting is bad for you.
    Makes you think you know stuff when you don’t.

Unemployment is not at historic lows - the live register is.
    More and more people are engaging with Turas Nua / Seetec / JobPath and while doing so are not signing on. This is what has caused the huge drop on the live register - not people gaining employment.

Numbers game.

Anyone on the schemes you mention is still on the live register.
    You need to get your facts straight.

Hey I'd rather be "mad" than be like you. Totally illiterate. You stuggled and admit to not being able to read the posted report (all in simple plain English).
    Adult evening classes perhaps?.

Stuggled ? Illiterate? Adult evening classes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Yes, i work in another country.

May I ask what makes the unemployed the most vulnerable people in society, I can understand some will have disabilities that stops them from working but what makes the able bodied persons vulnerable.

Go to another country and see someone working 60 hours a week just to barely make ends meat, tell them people in Ireland can get free money for not working and that these people will cry on their expensive electronics about being forced to gain more knowledge or get work experience to have a chance at being more employable all whilst still being fully supported by their government.

And men throughout all of time have had jobs, whether it was picking fruit, hunting, making weapons etc,

So when people choose not to do anything they will of course feel down like a caged tiger, no mental stimulation is bad for ones mental health.

Also everything costs money these days so earning money is the best way for a better life. I've worked all my adult life, I have visited 30+ countries before the age of 30. Sitting at home all day watching TV and walking in the park every now and then is not living.

And you have your own business, don't you want it to be profitable, and even in the future hire some staff?

Then what, then you'll be the big corporation, Man.

You're so full of sh!t

Why has this thread gone this route? The person who posted that report has never said he would prefer to sit on his backside all day taking 'free money', he also hasn't said that this Rudd guys word is the be all and end all.
    I do find it disappointing that, a lot of the time, when someone speaks out against about such schemes (TN/Seetec etc) that they are seen as idiot lefties or keyboard warriors or dole lifers!!!!!!
    After all our country has been through I find it sad and worrying that some people seem to blindly follow our politicians, and anyone who stands against them is odd.

My two cents.

• Advertisement

Why has this thread gone this route? The person who posted that report has never said he would prefer to sit on his backside all day taking 'free money', he also hasn't said that this Rudd guys word is the be all and end all.
    I do find it disappointing that, a lot of the time, when someone speaks out against about such schemes (TN/Seetec etc) that they are seen as idiot lefties or keyboard warriors or dole lifers!!!!!!
    After all our country has been through I find it sad and worrying that some people seem to blindly follow our politicians, and anyone who stands against them is odd.

My two cents.

Sad isn't it. The State turning the joe soaps against one another. Divide and conquer. Age old tactic.
    The people who you describe literally believe any old shyte the State and Varadkar tell them. They seem to get their whole news from RTE which as everyone knows is just State propaganda. Our ministry of truth if you will.

They are scared to death of the truth. Its too painful for them so they believe all the crap Fine Gael and the Spin media tell them. All the lies all the guff all the spin all the horseshyt is easier to accept than the truth.They believe ignorance is bliss.

Fighting Irish?. What a joke!. Most blindly follow any old shyt being peddled by RTE.

Sad isn't it. The State turning the joe soaps against one another. Divide and conquer. Age old tactic.
    The people who you describe literally believe any old shyte the State and Varadkar tell them. They seem to get their whole news from RTE which as everyone knows is just State propaganda. Our ministry of truth if you will.

They are scared to death of the truth. Its too painful for them so they believe all the crap Fine Gael and the Spin media tell them. All the lies all the guff all the spin all the horseshyt is easier to accept than the truth.They believe ignorance is bliss.

Fighting Irish?. What a joke!. Most blindly follow any old shyt being peddled by RTE.

What is this truth that you are going on about? Can you give a synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

id put the blame more so on flawed ideologies and economic theories than the 'evil media' to be honest!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id put the blame more so on flawed ideologies and economic theories than the 'evil media' to be honest!

Evil media?. Your words not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

Wow ... now you even sound like him !!

whippet wrote: »
    Wow ... now you even sound like him !!

Hmmmm.....

I assume there won't be answers to his blanket statements about big bad Vladkar and fine Gael.

Evil media?. Your words not mine

if the report you re referring to doesnt mention the failures of ideologies such as neoliberalism and flawed economic theories such as neoclassical theory, i suspect theres a whole pile of rubbish in it. does it? step away from the conspiratorial stuff please, it ll do you no good!

It ain't my job to educate you pal. Truth can never be taught anyway, it can only be realized.

Begin be REALIZING every word out of Varadkar's or RTE's mouth is either lies or embellished. That's a very basic start.

But like I said not my job to educate you. You wanna believe every single word of lie they sprout, go ahead, knock yourself out!. ;)

It ain't my job to educate you pal. Truth can never be taught anyway, it can only be realized.

Begin be REALIZING every word out of Varadkar's or RTE's mouth is either lies or embellished. That's a very basic start.

But like I said not my job to educate you. You wanna believe every single word of lie they sprout, go ahead, knock yourself out!. ;)

Actual Ha Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Assuming we take this advice at face value and ignore whatever Mr Varadakar sez,who then DO we listen to,and accept their views as 100% kosher ?

Do you have a recommended alternative to RTE for day to day Irish news ?

Is there a particular type of news we should listen to or may we take a broad sweep and make our own minds up...would you be prepared to allow that ?

I'm genuinely seeking a view as to whether there is any point in remaining in this State,given it's suposedly draconian and repressive attitude to it's citizens ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

That’s all a bit vague to be honest, SP. Can you give examples of these lies? Surely not everything he says is a lie? Now maybe I’m one of these sheeple folks so even one recent example might start helping me to see the TRUTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I am against a crooked money grabbing state taking advantage of the most vunerable of our society

Lol

this 'crooked money grabbing state' spends €20billion a year on social welfare payments.

Life ain't always empty.

Lol

this 'crooked money grabbing state' spends €20billion a year on social welfare payments.

you should look into what the rentiers extract!

That’s all a bit vague to be honest, SP. Can you give examples of these lies? Surely not everything he says is a lie? Now maybe I’m one of these sheeple folks so even one recent example might start helping me to see the TRUTH.

Recent example below.
    If you live in la la land and think Varadkar and his cronies are telling you the truth work away. Id find life strange never knowing any truth though and
    As said previously though its not my job to educate you. Truth can only be realized.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-homelessness-3691835-Nov2017/

Recent example below.
    If you live in la la land and think Varadkar and his cronies are telling you the truth work away. Id find life strange never knowing any truth though and
    As said previously though its not my job to educate you. Truth can only be realized.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-homelessness-3691835-Nov2017/

There are approx. 8857 recorded homeless people in Ireland, out of these 8857, 150 approximately are sleeping rough though reports have it between
    (120-180). So that means that the government is housing 8700 homeless people, and out of the 150 odd people,well there are enough beds for them but they refuse to use them for a variety of reasons, mental health, drugs, safety etc.

These unfortunate people are being helped, of course facilities and education should be forever improving, but what else are you expecting the government to do?

The government already houses them temporarily (while also offering them a more permanent home), gives them money for food and clothes for themselves and their family, educates their children and also provides free medical care.

Now without some BS answer, what else can the government do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lol

A truly incredible statistic when consider the size of the population.

There are approx. 8857 recorded homeless people in Ireland, out of these 8857, 150 approximately are sleeping rough though reports have it between
    (120-180). So that means that the government is housing 8700 homeless people, and out of the 150 odd people,well there are enough beds for them but they refuse to use them for a variety of reasons, mental health, drugs, safety etc.

These unfortunate people are being helped, of course facilities and education should be forever improving, but what else are you expecting the government to do?

The government already houses them temporarily (while also offering them a more permanent home), gives them money for food and clothes for themselves and their family, educates their children and also provides free medical care.

Now without some BS answer, what else can the government do?

Approx 8857? Lot higher than that. Are you a Fine Gael spin doctor?. Can think of 5 things the government can do tomorrow but

Lets keep this on jobpath though why derail?. The Fine Gael and government claptrap can go to the politics forum where the incessant braindead Fine Gael priase and mindless admiration will be to your liking.
    Whats funny is despite all the whinging on Unitedpeople not ONE person has debated or disproved a single point in the report. Not one!.

People cant put their bias and immaturity aside even for a second and use logic to debate a point or report.

People cant put their bias and immaturity aside even for a second and use logic to debate a point or report.

Here here ... so you’ll put your anti FG and and RTE bias aside also? It is it only bias when you don’t like it?

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    Here here ... so you’ll put your anti FG and and RTE bias aside also? It is it only bias when you don’t like it?

Might be hard to put my bias against RTE aside. State brainwashing machine frankly. If folk are happy to pay TV license fees for their tv hosts to live in mansions in Dalkey, Foxrock and Malahide and have em shovelling coke up their nose behind them doors work away!. Not me. Might hang onto that bias for a wee while.

Advertisement