Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »

It's just such a LeBron thing to do though, isn't it?

Read the comments, they're hilarious. pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

You have to admire the sheer egotism is takes to congratulate yourself on becoming the SIXTH top points scorer.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    You have to admire the sheer egotism is takes to congratulate yourself on becoming the SIXTH top points scorer.

Would be absolutely hilarious if he ends up 1 point (or more) short tonight. Would never wish an injury on anyone but say he tweaked an ankle or pulled a hamstring early in the game and had to leave or something? Imagine the trolling?

• Advertisement

From the man who brought you “The Decision”....
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

From the man who brought you “The Decision”....
    :rolleyes:

A flawed character for sure. One of the side effects of being told "Ok Bron good idea" since he was a teenager is his brain just dosnt function like a normal person. I dont think there is a well adjusted person on the planet that would thank himself for being great on a platform that can reach hundreds of millions.

That said Im pretty sure MJ would be polluting Twitter with egotistical nonsense had he joined the league when Lebron did.

Well this is the guy who gave himself his own nickname after all. :pac:

Jordan in particular should be glad he wasn't in the twitter/mobile phone era for his alleged off court antics as it would have been viral in a second. I don't know would he have engaged in twitter talk though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I said it before and I’ll say it again, if Lebron s “decision” or tweeting to himself is the worst thing you can throw at someone that has been in the spotlight since a teenager, I’ll take that.
    He does a lot more good than bad.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, if Lebron s “decision” or tweeting to himself is the worst thing you can throw at someone that has been in the spotlight since a teenager, I’ll take that.
    He does a lot more good than bad.

Fair point.

That we know of.....there’s s lot of rumours out there about LeBron’s performance against Father Time though. I really hope they’re without substance but what a scandal it would be if something emerges down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

A flawed character for sure. One of the side effects of being told "Ok Bron good idea" since he was a teenager is his brain just dosnt function like a normal person. I dont think there is a well adjusted person on the planet that would thank himself for being great on a platform that can reach hundreds of millions.

That said Im pretty sure MJ would be polluting Twitter with egotistical nonsense had he joined the league when Lebron did.

Kevin smith had a bit about working with prince on that its very interesting. O think it's hard to contemplate how rational works when money's not an issue and everyone kisses your ass

Fair point.

That we know of.....there’s s lot of rumours out there about LeBron’s performance against Father Time though. I really hope they’re without substance but what a scandal it would be if something emerges down the line.

I would be fairly skeptical if that was true, nothing would shock me but he isn’t as big as he was, he has adapted his game as he has gotten older, I just don’t see it. I haven’t even heard about those rumors tone honest, I would need something off a reliable source to believe it if I am honest.

I look back at arguments I’ve had through the years about Lance Armstrong, that man was so god damn guilty, I really didn’t understand how people didn’t want to believe it. In that instance, I read a lot of articles and books about him, even his own book.
    Marion Jones too was another one that was guilty as sin.
    My own view of PEDs is not important but I don’t view it with such outrage as most people, there is such a fine line with what athletes take to improve or maintain physical performance
    Most of it is so hypocritical when it comes to the organization implementing it, whether it be nfl,nba,mlb, olympics, etc

Fair point.

I would be fairly skeptical if that was true, nothing would shock me but he isn’t as big as he was, he has adapted his game as he has gotten older, I just don’t see it. I haven’t even heard about those rumors tone honest, I would need something off a reliable source to believe it if I am honest.

I look back at arguments I’ve had through the years about Lance Armstrong, that man was so god damn guilty, I really didn’t understand how people didn’t want to believe it. In that instance, I read a lot of articles and books about him, even his own book.
    My own view of PEDs is not important but I don’t view it with such outrage as most people, there is such a fine line with what athletes take to improve or maintain physical performance
    Most of it is so hypocritical when it comes to the organization implementing it, whether it be nfl,nba,mlb, olympics, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I look back at arguments I’ve had through the years about Lance Armstrong, that man was so god damn guilty, I really didn’t understand how people didn’t want to believe it. In that instance, I read a lot of articles and books about him, even his own book. Marion Jones too was another one that was guilty as sin. My own view of PEDs is not important but I don’t view it with such outrage as most people, there is such a fine line with what athletes take to improve or maintain physical performance Most of it is so hypocritical when it comes to the organization implementing it, whether it be nfl,nba,mlb, olympics, etc

Perhaps even the IRFU too????

There's been rumours for years. It's been touched on by Bill Simmons in more than one podcast, been "joked" (in that wink wink way) on Around The Horn and on PTI but always erring on the side of legal caution. Even Dan Le Batard has "joked" about it - and in the Miami-Bron Era he was their biggest fanboy.

My primary degree is in sports science (though I work in a completely different field) and this is one area I've always been interested in. There's a lot of alarm bells there TBH with LeBron but in fairness the guy takes care of his body like pretty much no one in Pro Sports history. Now the counter to that of course is that one of the main benefits of PEDs is not the ability to train harder, but recover better and quicker (and subsequently train again etc. - I don't want to get too technical here). The Miami mid-season "holiday" he took a few years back and the physical transformation he had in those few weeks off was a big flag for me; and when you not the location of some of the sports "labs/clinics" in Miami it's another flag.

I really dislike LeBron as a person, I've never denied that; but he's an insanely gifted athlete and an amazing player (even if I feel his game has weaknesses and that he's not a killer in the same way Jordan, Bird etc. were). I would be absolutely gutted if he were found to be using. I'd hate if any NBA player was caught (except Austin Rivers :pac:), but to think that there's no users in the NBA is incredibly naive. In a sport that's that explosive and athletic and with a playing and travelling schedule as insane as the NBA's is, there simply has to be guys using. FFS Marc Cuban was advocating the use of HGH in certain circumstances last year!

On your comment re. the organisation - sadly, I don't think the NBA would disclose it if he were caught though.

Edit: Three other quick ones:
    1. the jaw tumor
    2. the receeding hairline
    3. just type "LeBron and PEDs" into google and look at the results from more credible sites.

Nothing conclusive in the hairline in isolation, but it is a sign. The jaw tumor though is a huge red flag.

I mean it's all relative they started testing for high or something like that a few years ago and half the league coincidentally decided to slim down that year

One thing I hadn't noticed until today was Westbrook is almost averaging a triple double this year again:

24.8 Points
    10.1 Assists
    9.7 Rebounds

Incredible really when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

One thing I hadn't noticed until today was Westbrook is almost averaging a triple double this year again:

24.8 Points
    10.1 Assists
    9.7 Rebounds

Incredible really when you think about it.
    I think this would be more impressive if he wasn't playing garbage time to get there, takes away from it in my eyes.

kmart6 wrote: »
    I think this would be more impressive if he wasn't playing garbage time to get there, takes away from it in my eyes.

Think that's a little harsh. If they were winning every game as a blow out I'd say ok, but they're not playing Cleveland every night. They've been in a lot of tight games, and their record reflects that.

• Advertisement

It always bugs me when a player watches his stats that much rondo used to do the same don't think it's conducive to winning a championship

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

nerd69 wrote: »
    It always bugs me when a player watches his stats that much rondo used to do the same don't think it's conducive to winning a championship

Rondo won a championship....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Rondo padded assist stats. About as selfless as you can get really.

Rondo won a championship....

With kg pierce and Allen he hardly lead them to it

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Rondo padded assist stats. About as selfless as you can get really.

Not when your turning down easy layups for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

With kg pierce and Allen he hardly lead them to it

There's no way they win without Rondo.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    There's no way they win without Rondo.

Maby but he's clearly no. 4 on a championship team.

We're not commenting on wether Stephen Adams style can win championships it's Russell Westbrooks

Maby but he's clearly no. 4 on a championship team.

We're not commenting on wether Stephen Adams style can win championships it's Russell Westbrooks

I know the point you’re trying trying to make but that’s hardly a fair comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Boogie out for the season with a torn ACL, really sad considering he'd just been named an All-Star starter, he's putting up ridiculous stats, and was pretty much guaranteed to make it to the playoffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement