Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Fri13. Scary, and not in the good way.

Options
  • 13-10-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭

Let's have a game of Odd One Out, shall we?

Yes? Excellent.

Which Late Late regular is the odd one out?

A. Brendan O'Carroll
    B. A GAA player
    C. Twink
    D. That slightly odd Brides of Franc fella, or
    E. Nathan Carter?

If you said C. Twink, congratulations, you are right. Look at you!

What do the rest have in common? Well, apart from herself they're all on tonight. Yep.

Luckily the GAA player is Philly McMahon, who almost definitely has five more All Ireland medals than you. So, an interesting person. Yer man Franc, though...that's not even his real name! Did he name himself after the worst character ever committed to celluloid, Martin Short's feckin spanner in Father Of The Bride? It's too uncomfortable to be a coincidence. 'Sake.

Meanwhile, there will also be one of those Priests who has spotted there's a lot wrong with the church in Ireland, and some filler that would make a jar of Heinz Sandwich Spread blush: "a panel discussion on the state of the nation with the politician Fidelma Healy Eames, journalist Kitty Holland and columnist Terry Prone".

But wait, where are you going? There's one more thing to tell you about. The Late Late Karaoke Competition. Didn't Ray D'Arcy do that last year? And it was every bit as dreadful as you would expect?

Yikes. Gonna be a long night.

(Seriously, where is Twink these days? I thought I saw her selling cakes in Knocklyon the other day, but I was soooo high that morning, it could have been anywhere.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is this the Continuity LLS thread?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Nathan Carter making his bi-weekly appearance.

Seriously does he live in RTE or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he works part-time in the canteen,

but seriously............Twink????????? is it still 1987 in donnybrook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Is Nathan Carter on the payroll in RTE that they just pull him in to play a song when they need a gap filled? He's a decent enough act but jesus he's around so much that he's tiresome.

Having said that I have some relatives who would follow him to the ends of the earth, bank holiday weekends they've been known to go to his gigs 4 nights on the trot so he's obviously got some appeal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

My misses just paid the tv licence...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

dbagman wrote: »
    My misses just paid the tv licence...........

Did she pay with a credit card there might be a 7 day cooling off period?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Two LLS threads started at more or less the same time.

The equivalent of two starlets turning up to a London West End film premiere wearing the same dress - awkward, and bound to end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Two LLS threads started at more or less the same time.

The equivalent of two starlets turning up to a London West End film premiere wearing the same dress - awkward, and bound to end in tears.

And trying to pretend they don't see each other.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I see ray Darcy has Kathleen Watkins on tomorrow night to plug her new book. He had her on the radio a few days ago too. I'd love to know how much it would cost an author for two 20 min slots on primetime radio and "de telly".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im now convinced they book the guests on a friday morning, think i'll give this nonsense a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Franc,strange alias for plain old Peter Kelly.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    And trying to pretend they don't see each other.

Ahem.

Yes Donie, and I still wish we’d consulted each other first - I spent ages picking out that gold bacofoil suit :pac:

I wonder if Ryan will ask Brendan about the real reason why Rory Cowan left ‘Are You Being Fecking Served 1972’ - I have a theory (thanks to Jim Corr for the loan of the tinfoil hat...nice fit :) )

Rory saw how much Brendan was paying the rest of his family, and asked for a bigger piece of the pie.

Either that, or Brendan didn’t want the burden of the lawsuit filed by John Inman’s family for Rory’s radioactive levels of campness.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,750 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oh fook off with these Gaelic players!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ol' Donie wrote:
    A. Brendan O'Carroll B. A GAA player C. Twink D. That slightly odd Brides of Franc fella, or E. Nathan Carter?

Seems like only yesterday all these were guests on the LLS. How tedious and tiresome it all seems. I will make a point not to watch this borefest.

Philly McMahon,Diarmuid Connolly,Eoin O'Gara,Kieran Donaghy and Lee Keegan should be all on together :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He actually has his glasses over his eyes :eek::eek::eek:

He’s actually wearing his glasses :O

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Apparently Brexit is the reason they won't be making another movie, thank fook for Brexit.

Tee-hee, he said the f-word - what a comedy visionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't like Mrs Brown Boys at all, not my type of humour but I do like Brendan, seems like a nice guy and I don't begrudge him his success.

• Advertisement

If there is some rift between the two of them, both of them are very diplomatic about it.

I feel like vomiting myself when watching MBB’s.

If there is some rift between the two of them, both of them are very diplomatic about it.

Sometimes people just move on for their own reasons and there doesn't have to be a rift.

Another rubber bandit.

I feel like vomiting myself when watching MBB’s.

Then do like myself and just don't watch any MBBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't like Mrs Brown Boys at all, not my type of humour but I do like Brendan, seems like a nice guy and I don't begrudge him his success.

He does a lot of charity works behind the scenes. He deserves his success. He's not a greedy person.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bingo

He's mixing Charlie and Katrina up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love Mrs brown boys and Brendan is an absolute howl :D

Evening all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

murpho999 wrote: »
    He's mixing Charlie and Katrina up.

And as is often the case, he's mixing up double entendres with just normal words.

Advertisement