Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai Raid

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nope, it will take a week or two to go to court at least so by right he should have been arressted on the spot, he can then be released while they gather the evidence to send to the DPP for direction on what to do etc. The story doesnt add up in fairness.

There's no requirement to arrest on the spot. It's better to gather as much evidence before the arrest and detention so that it can be put to him in interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfie619

OP What kind of phone is it? You can remote wipe and iPhone and most android phones FYI

You must have given them some good info of they didn't arrest you on the spot with that quantity, probably pointed the min the right direction of a "bigger fish"

Watch your back in the coming days, get a solicitor and a good one.

No I didn't. It's an iPhone 5/6. Can I remote wipe it from my laptop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There's no requirement to arrest on the spot. It's better to gather as much evidence before the arrest and detention so that it can be put to him in interview.

Theres no requirement for it to happen but 9 times out of 10 thats the way it happens. I see it all the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Alfie619 wrote: »

Not if it's blocked, since there is now no access to the phone. :rolleyes:

Also, to now wipe it would certainly give them a good case for charging you with obstruction of justice.

You need a good solicitor ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

The wexford forum is getting a lot of traffic this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you left your sim card active you could have done it but not now unless its connected to wifi somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If you have blacklisted the handset with your carrier and deactivated the sim then no you can't. If it is still active you can log into find my iPhone and do it.

I would be very careful though as the above posts have pointed out.

You have already lied to your carrier saying the phone was stolen.

Your best bet is to lawyer up.

Best case you get away with a hefty fine and some court mandated drug counseling and drug tests bi weekly....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

OP . . . . You need to THROW OUT THE SHOVEL . . . . .and quick.

Gardaí check boards.ie as well you know.

As already pointed out they could potentially use some of your posts on here in court for a charge of obstruction or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This has got to be a troll surely. The posts are all contridicting eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

RossieMan wrote: »
    This has got to be a troll surely. The posts are all contridicting eachother.

Or a stoner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Jacob13

Hi - I had the guards raid my house yesterday and had like 3 ounces of marijuana in one bag. But I took out my phone to send someone a msg and under pressure I gave them my phone unlocked and they had a long snoop. Asked for my pin to unlock it I felt like I could refuse - anyway they looked at everything. A lot of info on it to be honest. They put it in the evidence bag and took it away with everything but I've blocked the phone now whilst in their possession. Does anyone know can they use my phone as evidence in court considering the phone is dead/blocked. Also I spoke as they were doing the raid as I wanted to make work and maybe said some things I shouldn't of as regards names. But I wasn't under arrest so they can't use anything I said against me? Please help

Here's your help, go and kop on to yourself ye waster.

I wish I was dude. They took away all the stuff but allowed me to go work eventually and said they'll be in contact. I'm hiring a solicitor today - don't understand why I would bother lying here... ?

Id say your a rat. Now your worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ask Graham Dwyer what kind of info they can get from a phone that has been on the bottom of a lake for years you just had yours locked.

Tell tales lad because if it was a contact on your phone you can well believe they would be hanging you out to dry right now.

Also by wiping the phone you have tampered with evidence which is a crime in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭piplip87

Firstly, OP you got caught with 2 ounces and sang like a bird when the pressure came on, and that is why you were not arrested.
    That is also why you will only be done for personal use.

You are worried about your phone because there is texts on it detailing your dealing activities.

Let me have a guess of what has happened. The people who you buy the stuff off have found out about the raid, they are now wondering did you squeal on them, going by what you have said then, yes you did. My advice to you is go to the Gardaí and tell them you feel you are in danger, they will always look after rats.

Your phone is evidence in a case against you and whoever you ratted on. You tampered with evidence.

The your word against theirs arguments is not valid as a judge will always side with a Garda over a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Jacob13 wrote: »
    Here's your help, go and kop on to yourself ye waster.

I've always wondered about this, how does one actually go about copping on to oneself?

begbysback wrote: »
    I've always wondered about this, how does one actually go about copping on to oneself?

By spinning around on a chair and getting sick in a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hey Navarre, you're gonna have your work cut out here :D!! usually quiet around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Have a cup of tea and a lie down sure it will all be better in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hey Navarre, you're gonna have your work cut out here :D!! usually quiet around these parts.

Zaraba lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭circadian

Has to be a wind up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

pm'd

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You aren't logged into boards on your phone by any chance, OP?

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

ezra_ wrote: »
    The wexford forum is getting a lot of traffic this morning!

Hmm....

Does this make us drug traffickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭secman

So Alfie.... first thing you think of after a police raid " I'll set up a boards.ie account"...... I smell bull****.........

• Registered Users Posts: 45,843 ✭✭✭✭muffler

secman wrote: »
    I smell bull****.........
    I smell the same and no bull about it!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I am closing this as the Wexford threads are not the place to be discussing the guards confiscating drugs and a phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement