Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai Raid

Options
  • 13-10-2017 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi - I had the guards raid my house yesterday and had like 3 ounces of marijuana in one bag. But I took out my phone to send someone a msg and under pressure I gave them my phone unlocked and they had a long snoop. Asked for my pin to unlock it I felt like I could refuse - anyway they looked at everything. A lot of info on it to be honest. They put it in the evidence bag and took it away with everything but I've blocked the phone now whilst in their possession. Does anyone know can they use my phone as evidence in court considering the phone is dead/blocked. Also I spoke as they were doing the raid as I wanted to make work and maybe said some things I shouldn't of as regards names. But I wasn't under arrest so they can't use anything I said against me? Please help

Comments

Go talk to a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfie619

Go talk to a solicitor

Have appointment ordered but with the stress of it all I want to know asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I for one am delighted with your predicament .. if you have been in trouble before you should be rightly stressed. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Alfie619 wrote: »

What’s it all about, Alfie?

hawkelady wrote: »
    I for one am delighted with your predicament .. if you have been in trouble before you should be rightly stressed. ðŸ˜

Why are you delighted? Never in trouble before. seems like nobody knows if the can use the dead phone. Cuz it's my word against theirs basically. And I was totally conflustered at the time

• Advertisement

What’s it all about, Alfie?
    What exactly you mean pal?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What exactly you mean pal?

Why did the guards raid your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Hi - I had the guards raid my house yesterday and had like 3 ounces of marijuana in one bag. But I took out my phone to send someone a msg and under pressure I gave them my phone unlocked and they had a long snoop. Asked for my pin to unlock it I felt like I could refuse - anyway they looked at everything. A lot of info on it to be honest. They put it in the evidence bag and took it away with everything but I've blocked the phone now whilst in their possession. Does anyone know can they use my phone as evidence in court considering the phone is dead/blocked. Also I spoke as they were doing the raid as I wanted to make work and maybe said some things I shouldn't of as regards names. But I wasn't under arrest so they can't use anything I said against me? Please help

So you got caught with 3 ounces of marijuana and they didn't arrest you.

I think you are telling Porky Pies

You would have been arrested for possession for the purpose of supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I'm delighted because a drug dealer got busted. What's not to smile about

So you got caught with 3 ounces of marijuana and they didn't arrest you.

I think you are telling Porky Pies

You would have been arrested for possession for the purpose of supply.

I wish I was dude. They took away all the stuff but allowed me to go work eventually and said they'll be in contact. I'm hiring a solicitor today - don't understand why I would bother lying here... ?

• Advertisement

No you dope - I smoke than over 2 months. Even the cops said it wasn't sale and supply. Like it was 2 ounces to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Guards don’t raid houses for the craic. It’s extremely rare they’d get it wrong. Something bigger going on and that’s propbably why the OP is terrified about his phone. Either that or he thinks there is someone in the attic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Pablo Escobar is now off the streets - our children are safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

U must have given them some good information and names to not arrest u with 3 ounces.
    Go talk to a solicitor n get this thread deleted!

Stheno wrote: »
    Why did the guards raid your house?

For a drugs search.. warrant like? N then must removed all sorts of stuff. Phone, a little book with 4 names in it which looks bad but isn't related to it. The main thing is I wanna know if they can use a dead phone or anything I said - I was never arrested like. Mad ain't it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If they find evidence of dealing on it (texts I suppose) they could use it in court. When you say the phone is dead do you mean it is off and won't turn back on

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

No you dope - I smoke than over 2 months. Even the cops said it wasn't sale and supply. Like it was 2 ounces to be realistic.

In your OP you said it was 3 ounces?

If they find evidence of dealing on it (texts I suppose) they could use it in court. When you say the phone is dead do you mean it is off and won't turn back on

I mean I contacted my provider n told them to shut it down as it wa stolen. Would surely be too much hassle to unblock it for a couple of ounces.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I mean I contacted my provider n told them to shut it down as it wa stolen. Would surely be too much hassle to unblock it for a couple of ounces.

If they have the PIN then they can turn on the phone, enter the pin then read any texts on it unless I am missing something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Alfie did you smoke an ounce while they were searching the house ?

• Advertisement

If they have the PIN then they can turn on the phone, enter the pin then read any texts on it unless I am missing something

My provider won't allow them as I've told them my phone was stolen and to shut it down so nobody can use it

begbysback wrote: »
    Alfie did you smoke an ounce while they were searching the house ?

I wish. Tbh it's between 2/3. Can't be exact like.

Guards don’t raid houses for the craic. It’s extremely rare they’d get it wrong. Something bigger going on and that’s propbably why the OP is terrified about his phone. Either that or he thinks there is someone in the attic....

They obviously got a tip off and got a warrant like. I just wanna know can they use the phone in court even now it's blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I wish I was dude. They took away all the stuff but allowed me to go work eventually and said they'll be in contact. I'm hiring a solicitor today - don't understand why I would bother lying here... ?

I agree that you were lying..

That is a lot more then personal use.. I cannot imaging that you would be released and not arrested.
    Did they read you your rights or anything before leaving?

I have nothing against anybody smoking weed but I do think if you are caught with that much the Garda would arrest you and not care about weather you make it to work.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Do you not need garda confirmation that it was stolen before they deactivate it?

enricoh wrote: »
    U must have given them some good information and names to not arrest u with 3 ounces.
    Go talk to a solicitor n get this thread deleted!

Well my phone prob did but like they couldn't of saved any data as they were in my house. As soon as they left I went about getting the phone blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

They obviously got a tip off and got a warrant like. I just wanna know can they use the phone in court even now it's blocked.

Yes, they definatley can and will use the phone in court. They get blocked phones everyday but can unblock them no problem.

AryaStark wrote: »
    I agree that you were lying..

That is a lot more then personal use.. I cannot imaging that you would be released and not arrested.
    Did they read you your rights or anything before leaving?

I have nothing against anybody smoking weed but I do think if you are caught with that much the Garda would arrest you and not care about weather you make it to work.

Hand on my heart I ain't. I've work today even like...

kbannon wrote: »
    Do you not need garda confirmation that it was stolen before they deactivate it?

No don't think ao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

Why don't ya have a smoke to relieve the stress of it all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement