Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out if husband has fathered another child

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

If the wife is the main earner in the household and the husband has been paying for an extra-martial child for years without her knowledge - what does that mean legally if/when they separate? Does he have to pay back his wife the money that he essentially took for unagreed purpose? (Obviously this is second guessing a lot)

Or if there is money going out of their account routinely - can she not question the bank on it? Or is it that it is going out of an account of his and she has just found out about it?

Other things it could be -debts, gambling, an investment that he doesn't want her to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What kind of things has he been buying that leads to this suspicion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

A woman always knows if a man is married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

....... wrote: »

I am glad you have finally woken up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

OP - Why does your friend want to know the exact details of this - why does she not just ask ffs!?

Her marriage is surely over, what does she hope to achieve?

Again, I reckon "she" is only looking to cause trouble for someone and it's likely going to be mainly the child who suffers, whether your "friends" husband is the father or not.

Maybe your "friend" should lay off the miss marple act and do something a bit more productive and a bit less vindictive with her time?

A bit of advice to the OP; Stay out of this.

It will end in tears and you will get the blame and a marriage could be destroyed over what is just paranoia and nosey parkering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

@clawhammer this is the legal discussion forum and to be honest you've been peddling your own lopsided views of infidelity that really have no bearing on this other than to just stir things up. (Also please don't card me in not trying to back seat mod but the comments are in no way helpful)

Op there arent many ways to find out if a man father's a child. Through a PI is always thought to be best but all they'll do is what anyone else can do and that's ask neighbours, dig through rubbish( maybe find a bank statement to someone for maintenance but not likely)and follow the person for any clues. Ultimately they won't get any hard evidence other than the conclusions above, even if he was on the birth cert it doesn't confirm he fathered the child, as to prove it you will need a dna test.

Legally there's nothing wrong with stalking social media or asking neighbours but you won't get anywhere.

Best option is ask him and it seems the marriage is over anyway so whats the harm?

MOD
    L and Times
    Afaik CLAWHAMMER is not a mod here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A number of different things but mainly how he is spending his money . Also a wife's intuition.

Thanks

The ould intuition can't be all that great if it missed that.

( Mod deletion )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

dp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Can we keep this to Legal Discussion, pls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Nuac I was referring to yourself and the actual mods and not claw hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

A woman always knows if a man is married.

My father must have been a very good conman :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

even if he was on the birth cert it doesn't confirm he fathered the child, as to prove it you will need a dna test.

Unawares to the husband this other woman might have been sleeping with half the neighbourhood.

She might even have other men paying support too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Start with:

"I see these regular payments going out of our account, what are they for?"

Then based on the answer take it from there.

Its far less dramatic but far more effective

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: I really don't see how any of the last 5 pages has anything to do with Legal Discussion. OP, if you want it moved over to Personal Issues or similar, send me a PM. Otherwise the thread stays closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement