Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

It was talked about already (I've read whole thread) but.

To choose between:
    TaoTronics (2020)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08352JFWQ

or
    Soundcore Q20
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NM3RSRQ/

?

I don't mind usb C over micro usb as still have plenty other devices with micro usb ports.
    I really don't mind which ANC is better as 99% of the times will be used at home.
    I preferred less bass and more comfortable over battery life as well.

I had Sony CH700N but daughter stole it from me (got cheap JBL 450Bt but that was stole by my son).
    Sony's were more confortable.

Thanks for any opinion.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

It was talked about already (I've read whole thread) but.

To choose between:
    TaoTronics (2020)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08352JFWQ

or
    Soundcore Q20
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NM3RSRQ/

?

I don't mind usb C over micro usb as still have plenty other devices with micro usb ports.
    I really don't mind which ANC is better as 99% of the times will be used at home.
    I preferred less bass and more comfortable over battery life as well.

I had Sony CH700N but daughter stole it from me (got cheap JBL 450Bt but that was stole by my son).
    Sony's were more confortable.

Thanks for any opinion.

Tom

I've the Soundcore Q20 and I find them extremely comfortable and the battery life is excellent, longer if you turn off the ANC which not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Any recommendations for wireless earphones for running?

Most important thing is fit and comfort. Not too picky when it comes to sound quality. Budget up to 100e.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

shano_88 wrote: »

Most important thing is fit and comfort. Not too picky when it comes to sound quality. Budget up to 100e.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Urbanears-Stadion-Wireless-Bluetooth-04091870/dp/B06XWPHGKM

I've been using these for the past 4 years, pretty handy, I don't notice them really while running

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if they dont have to be completely wireless then the creative outlier air v2 are worth a look.
    https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one-v2

• Advertisement

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm looking for fully wireless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

if they dont have to be completely wireless then the creative outlier air v2 are worth a look.
    https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one-v2

I had those but I ended up returning then.
    The weight of the control piece would cause earbud to fall out of my ear, regardless of how I attempted to secure the control piece..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm looking for fully wireless though.

soundcore spirit x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The daughter is looking for AirPods. Still a bit young to cough out 200 quid on them for her. Anyone recommend any decent ones? Something similar looking if possible. Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The daughter is looking for AirPods. Still a bit young to cough out 200 quid on them for her. Anyone recommend any decent ones? Something similar looking if possible. Thanks lads
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112591784&postcount=2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Pixel Buds 2 just released in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

Enduro wrote:
    soundcore spirit x

The 2019 version are 23 pounds on Amazon, are they decent headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Ush1 wrote: »

Was waiting for these but now I think they're late to the party not having ANC built in. This Review put me right off :(

Think I'll wait for the Samsung Beans.

Ush1 wrote: »

When are they likely to be released here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I bought the Jabra Elite 65t, great earphones but it seems they can't pair to more than one device? As in I have them paired to my personal phone, but have to reset the earbuds to pair them to my work phone? Which then means when I want to use them with my personal phone again I have to go through the whole reset again. Very annoying, google not really helping me. It seems they can be paired to 3 devices, just not sure how.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I bought the Jabra Elite 65t, great earphones but it seems they can't pair to more than one device? As in I have them paired to my personal phone, but have to reset the earbuds to pair them to my work phone? Which then means when I want to use them with my personal phone again I have to go through the whole reset again. Very annoying, google not really helping me. It seems they can be paired to 3 devices, just not sure how.

RvRhGnE.png

That's all I can find about it from the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

RvRhGnE.png

That's all I can find about it from the manual

Cheers, that doesn't work unfortunately, if its paired with one phone the other one can't connect to it. Not only that even if its not connected to one phone the other one won't connect to it unless I do a full reset of the earbuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seamus wrote: »
    Got these last week on offer for £26: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WJRW2FB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Worth keeping an eye on if they drop again, but even at £40 they're a bargain. Great sound, no pairing/connection issues. Took them out for a 5K run, had no issues, stayed in solid. Also look way better than the AirPod/i7 style IMO.
    Rojo wrote: »
    What's the call quality like on those, Seamus? :-o
    I did actually do this sound test but never got around to responding here :rolleyes:

Call quality is basically equivalent to putting your phone on speakerphone mode and talking to it from 2 feet away. Outside, moving around in the wind, can't hear a damn thing. Sheltered is fine but if there's any noise (traffic, etc), it's hard to hear.

Indoors, the quality is fine. Not as good as a mic or the phone itself, but sufficient for calls in quiet places.

I love them though, I basically never make/take calls when I'm out for a run or in the gym, so the call quality is irrelevant to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

coldfire1x wrote: »

Oh I see the Anker P2 are £36 on Amazon - does anyone have them? If Which recommend them they must be decent at least, though I don't put too much weight in which these days - still some kind of benchmark though

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ yesterday and they are amazing. Incredible range of use, can walk around the entire downstairs and it hasn't cut out once. Can connect to up to 8 devices I believe and battery life is insane. They weren't cheap but I'm hoping I'll have them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ yesterday and they are amazing. Incredible range of use, can walk around the entire downstairs and it hasn't cut out once. Can connect to up to 8 devices I believe and battery life is insane. They weren't cheap but I'm hoping I'll have them for years.

What's the quality of phone calls like, looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones that have a good quality mic and mainly ones that could still have decent quality when outside in the elements when talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    I did yes

How were they? Brand new or box damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone know how much I could ask for a rarely used pair of Sony WF-1000X wireless buds?

I bought them from Sony as refurb about 18 months ago but I'd say I have put less than 10hrs use on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ @NIMAN At a guess max about 1/3 of what you paid for them?

Can be got new for €199 with warranty etc, so max €67 without warranty.

Put on them up on adverts and see if anyone will bite?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was going to try 60.

They are very good to be fair, it's just a bit of technology I bought and haven't really used.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got enacfire E18 plus wireless earbuds they are excellent no issues so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was going to try 60.

They are very good to be fair, it's just a bit of technology I bought and haven't really used.

They're £60 from amazon.co.uk warehouse so it'll be tough to sell a 18mth old, second hand, refurbed pair with no warranty or comeback for €60 - but a lot of people are incredibly lazy and do no research so you might get lucky.

If you haven't used them all that much over 18mths you might want to test that battery life, you'll probably get asked about that.

Advertisement