Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Creative have just released V2 of the outlier ones that look good. Bluetooth 5.0 and 9.5 hour battery life. 39.95 euro.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one-v2?utm_source=eDialog&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailer_en_260320

thanks ONNG

pulled the trigger on these this morning... needed something while im walking the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

Vikings wrote: »
    Yeah so mine arrived today.

Seem to be well built, comfortable to wear and sound seems good to me. I've nothing to compare the ANC to unfortunately but can definitely notice it working when turned on. Haven't tested mic for calls etc yet either.

Have you link for these please and how did u get extra 9 off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know if those 65t sit flush in the ear when in use?

Not exactly flush. Have worn them in a ski helmet with no problems. They can be a little loose when running I find but doesn't really put me off. I think I have a funny ear hole. Would love if you could get wing tips for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

gar wrote: »
    Not exactly flush. Have worn them in a ski helmet with no problems. They can be a little loose when running I find but doesn't really put me off. I think I have a funny ear hole. Would love if you could get wing tips for them

May be not the right size silicon tip on them when you used? They do come with few of them.

They are designed to be used during workouts. My friend has them and always use them in gym or while running. In his opinion - they are lightweight, fit well and sound great.

I've done a bit of googling and these seem decent for the price? However is there anything in or around same price with slightly better sound? Really looking for it for listening to music rather than great microphone.

Don't mind what style they are, as in big headphones or the smaller Jabra style ones.

You can take a look at the sony wf-1000xm3 or samsung buds+ but they are much more expensive. Jabra is very good at this price.

I have the Sony one, they sound brilliant, have active moise cancellation but dont handle the wind well when outside.

• Advertisement

maddog1983 wrote: »
    Have you link for these please and how did u get extra 9 off them?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancelling-Headphones-TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Cellphone-black/dp/B08352JFWQ/

ANC not top of the class but ok. Sound a bit bass heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

coldfire1x wrote: »
    May be not the right size silicon tip on them when you used? They do come with few of them.

They are designed to be used during workouts. My friend has them and always use them in gym or while running. In his opinion - they are lightweight, fit well and sound great.

Yeah they do but have a slight issue in trying to find the other tips. Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thanks ONNG

pulled the trigger on these this morning... needed something while im walking the dog

Me too.

Hate bringing my phone out jogging and just figured out I can listen to podcasts on these through my watch. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thanks ONNG

you wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Happened to see these myself and ordered them. Probably a long delivery time though. Was looking for ones for fitness but couldn't decided. Have a pair of wireless mpows for running with my garmin, only ok but does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Very happy with the set I got during the week and crucially for me the microphone with inbuilt CVC 8.0 works really well on calls. I'm not an expert on ANC and have limited experience of other headsets to compare against but for the money they do seem to do a very good job.

Also, I've noticed that I can have them connected to both my Win 10 Laptop and my Android phone at the same time and if I'm listening to Spotify or watching video content on the laptop and a call comes in on the phone they switch to the call automatically and at the end of the call once I re-start the laptop content they'll switch back which is a nice bonus.

^^ For the price of it, its a good headphone. Wasn't aware of the multiple connections. Must try that out.

When I said ANC is not top of the class, I meant compared to Sony or Bose. Had Sony and the ANC on them are fantastic. Again they are expensive compared to these headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I've been wanting to get a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3 and have been keeping an eye out on price the last couple of weeks.
    Stumbled upon a good deal on the Amazon Italy Warehouse.. 175 EUR inc delivery. Condition : Like New.

A "like new" item sold on Amazon Warehouse is in perfect condition, but due to the condition of the packaging, it does not meet Amazon.co.uk standards for new product. Returned items with minor packaging defects are classified as "like new."

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    I've been wanting to get a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3 and have been keeping an eye out on price the last couple of weeks.
    Stumbled upon a good deal on the Amazon Italy Warehouse.. 175 EUR inc delivery. Condition : Like New.

A "like new" item sold on Amazon Warehouse is in perfect condition, but due to the condition of the packaging, it does not meet Amazon.co.uk standards for new product. Returned items with minor packaging defects are classified as "like new."

Bought mine from Amazon Warehouse for £180 in a 'Good' condition and they were spotless. I was able to register for a year warranty with Sony too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Anjunadeep wrote: »

did you buy them...am tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jobless wrote: »
    Still there by the looks of it..

Screenshot-2020-04-21-at-10-54-40.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Be interested to see how ye get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I did yes

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I purchased Lypertek Tevi True wireless earbuds . Received them today. Very happy. They get great reviews. Great battery life. The way I see it is after piles and piles of research on the net there is no perfect set no matter how much you spend even in the upper bracket. Se reviewer will find fault. Got them for €95 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

codie wrote: »
    I purchased Lypertek Tevi True wireless earbuds . Received them today. Very happy. They get great reviews. Great battery life. The way I see it is after piles and piles of research on the net there is no perfect set no matter how much you spend even in the upper bracket. Se reviewer will find fault. Got them for €95 delivered.

Where did you get them? Currently £99 on amazon which is about €115

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Got them in hifiheadphones.co.uk.
    They were on sale price £69.99 from £99 plus £10 delivery.
    Some reason revolut wouldn't work so had to purchase on normal credit card. Worked out at 95. I checked price yesterday and was still 69.99 but they have now gone back up to £99 today.Only thing delivery took almost 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I bought these and received them last week. Anker Soundcore Q20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X5WB31T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't fault them so far. Nice and comfortable, good sound, fairly decent noise cancellation, although this was not a priority for me and I don't really have anything to compare them to. Battery life so far excellent.

I think only silver available, I would have preferred black but makes no odds really.

Also they are bigger than other over-ear types I've seen. Again a very minor issue really.

Also bought these for running. Anker Soundbuds Slim.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N8RYGC4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had terrible trouble with earphones staying in while walking/cycling/running. These were no different at first but I've been playing around with different ear hook sizes (there are three) and the actual little bud bit that goes in your ear hole (also three) and they're much better now, staying in place for the duration of a 35 minute run.

You just have to work out whatever works for your ears.

Sound is a bit tinny compared to the ones above but that's to be expected, comparing in-ear with over-ear noise cancelling. Battery good so far too.

Overall I'd recommend them for active use. Sound connoisseurs probably wouldn't find them all that appealing. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Happy listening, and thanks for advice here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looking for over ear headphones for WFH calls. Need good quality mic, ANC would be nice but not critical as I have quiet place to work in. USB-C would be a nice to have also but again not critical. Up to about 70 quid i think.

Leaning towards the Soundcores(though not usb-c...?), although there is an MPOW set for 39.99 on amazon.co.uk that are tempting also.

Any other top recommendations? I have read through the thread a good bit, just seeking validation that the soundcores may be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Looking for over ear headphones for WFH calls. Need good quality mic, ANC would be nice but not critical as I have quiet place to work in. USB-C would be a nice to have also but again not critical. Up to about 70 quid i think.

Leaning towards the Soundcores(though not usb-c...?), although there is an MPOW set for 39.99 on amazon.co.uk that are tempting also.

Any other top recommendations? I have read through the thread a good bit, just seeking validation that the soundcores may be the best.

Same requirement as yourself. Bought these TaoTronic BH085's (which are USB C) and am very happy with them. I'm not an audiophile but the sound is excellent, the ANC is very good (not Sony or Bose level) and the best bit for me is that the mic, which utilises CVC8.0 tech, works fantastically well on both mobile calls and VOIP calls.

They are a bit more expensive that what you're looking at though at £48.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

JCDUB wrote: »
    I bought these and received them last week. Anker Soundcore Q20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X5WB31T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't fault them so far. Nice and comfortable, good sound, fairly decent noise cancellation, although this was not a priority for me and I don't really have anything to compare them to. Battery life so far excellent.

I think only silver available, I would have preferred black but makes no odds really.

Also they are bigger than other over-ear types I've seen. Again a very minor issue really.

Also bought these for running. Anker Soundbuds Slim.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N8RYGC4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had terrible trouble with earphones staying in while walking/cycling/running. These were no different at first but I've been playing around with different ear hook sizes (there are three) and the actual little bud bit that goes in your ear hole (also three) and they're much better now, staying in place for the duration of a 35 minute run.

You just have to work out whatever works for your ears.

Sound is a bit tinny compared to the ones above but that's to be expected, comparing in-ear with over-ear noise cancelling. Battery good so far too.

Overall I'd recommend them for active use. Sound connoisseurs probably wouldn't find them all that appealing. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Happy listening, and thanks for advice here!

like the look of the anchor ones.... what would be the difference between these and some of the more expensive ones.... is it just the noise cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

like the look of the anchor ones.... what would be the difference between these and some of the more expensive ones.... is it just the noise cancelling?

Yeah I think so. Noise cancelling would be better on the pricier ones. Works fine for me though. Clarity of sound at high levels and bass prob better the more expensive you go to too.

For entry level price they can't be faulted. Comfortable too, although I haven't worn them for longer than about two hours.

Clarity on calls is perfect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

54and56 wrote: »
    Same requirement as yourself. Bought these TaoTronic BH085's (which are USB C) and am very happy with them. I'm not an audiophile but the sound is excellent, the ANC is very good (not Sony or Bose level) and the best bit for me is that the mic, which utilises CVC8.0 tech, works fantastically well on both mobile calls and VOIP calls.

They are a bit more expensive that what you're looking at though at £48.

Thanks. Had seen them but got a bit lost with the different models! They actually tick all the boxes so may well be the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

Picked up a pair of Mpow M30's after my Tronsmart tws earphones stopped charging:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0832GH4WF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Come with a 2 year warranty and the reviews seem to be incredible for a pair I picked up for £30. 4.8 star on 1000+ reviews. Was waiting for them to be released in Europe as they had been available in the US for a while. They look very like the Samsung buds and the touch controls seem to be way better than the Tronsmart ones which worked half the time.

I'll pick them up from the post office later and let ye know how they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

I have the mpow h12
    Great for the money

Advertisement