Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

this discussion is quiet tonight

I guess everyone is at LCD Soundsystem?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Five Green Bottles

I don't buy beer early in the morning, or before 12 on a Sunday, but should I wish to I should be able to
    I don't use sugar, I bought a bag of sugar last year and still have it, my kid doesn't use sugar.

Same 15 year old kid was out after Junior cert results and was offered Coke and weed on a night out, and the government would rather tackle sugar, fanta and cream buns than tackle the people selling hard drugs to children at a junior disco,

wouldn't it be better the gardai out stopping the drugs in schools than eating sugar loaded cream buns in the woodstock cafe than, their bosses overseeing false blowing drink driving bags (tests)

Before my sugar intake is policed (taxed) maybe the government could get their house in order before they tell me what to do in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 18,956 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The real reason for this sugar tax is because sugar is added to a great many things these days. It may start off as a sugary drinks tax, but it'll expand out to many, many other items too, until we're paying even more over the odds for things than we already are.

It's presentation as a health benefit is bunkum.

It's a tax hike, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Five Green Bottles

"Regina Doherty: 'Jaysus, I couldn’t live on €198 welfare a week"

I cant live on €200 per week and I work for it, Can Ms Doherty's business associates that were caught by her business and its failure survive on less than €200 per week?
    No but her fully expenses paid car, government car, credit card, allows her to make a laugh at the rest of us?

We will pay all of our taxes and on the occasional Saturday night enjoy a sugar loaded can of Tesco beer, we wont be in the restaurant that Ms. Doherty is in, we wont be delivering socks to the Canadian prime minister, we wont be marching with our partner in whatever country there is a pride festival, Ill pay my tax and mortgage but I cant go to the George tonight for a beer, I cant afford a taxi home from the panty bar.

We the drones take it from behind all of the time, while paying for those that enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Killerjack

Ditto. I've never heard a more annoying voice than that of Coopers. The tonight show could be great if Ivan Yates was given the lead and send Mr Cooper to look after the refreshments.

• Advertisement

The show will succeed if Matt Cooper stays at home. Arrogance and ignorance he excels. He should get his facts in order before he starts changing colour with his little rage and waffles on about vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Killerjack wrote: »
    Ditto. I've never heard a more annoying voice than that of Coopers. The tonight show could be great if Ivan Yates was given the lead and send Mr Cooper to look after the refreshments.

Gimme a break. Heard him on a right rant on the radio yesterday morning re. Stepaside and stroke politics, as if it had just been invented.

Some people are really thick not to see through these guys and their guff.

Matt Cooper could replace no one. He's pathetic, arrogant ill informed who acts like he is a guest on the show and can't keep his views to himself. Also, he owns the most irritating voice. Get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,956 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Compared to Yates, he's presenter of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think we can all agree, they are both useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think we can all agree, they are both useless!

And with that, let's close this thread.

Maybe you should have listened to what the bishop was saying instead of assuming he was trying to do what the c c have always been doing in this country. Tell the parents of the 400+ affected girls in Ireland alone they are wrong, the parents that may or may not have any medical experience but have the vaccination experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

^^^^^ what do you think the bishop was saying?

I think he was saying that cervical cancer was caused by promiscuous behaviour - what an idiot. Its a medical condition and nuns have died from cervical cancer. Is he saying they're promiscuous?

I wish the media wouldn't give the CC news time to hawk their stupid ideas based on no medical facts whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

So apparently we don't have a homeless crisis.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

EPAndlee wrote:
    So apparently we don't have a homeless crisis.....

Well she was basing that on pure statistics which suggests only a tiny percentage of the population is homeless and also when compared to most developed countries around Europe would suggest we do not have a "crisis" per say. More a problem than a crisis I suppose

She's done here, how dare she think as a tax payer and not a politician :D

Sorry, wasn't in form for watching the Muppet show tonight. Will get to watch it later when all interesting programmes are off wave. All I can say is bring back Vin.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Well she was basing that on pure statistics which suggests only a tiny percentage of the population is homeless and also when compared to most developed countries around Europe would suggest we do not have a "crisis" per say. More a problem than a crisis I suppose
    She's right in saying that the problem has never been solved fully in any country in the world. She's also right in saying that we keep talking ourselves down.
    Anyone elsewhere in the world who tunes in to Irish media would get the impression that we are all sleeping in doorways and eating out of rubbish bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

God, prepped questions for the NRA lobbyist and totally unwilling to listen; absolutely brutal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

Any right wing views not allowed on Irish television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Good loser

Ferriter had to fight his corner tonight.

Was a favored son of the last boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

Killerjack wrote: »
    Sorry, wasn't in form for watching the Muppet show tonight. Will get to watch it later when all interesting programmes are off wave. All I can say is bring back Vin.B.

Yes, IPone Joan wouldn't have shown her face on the show had Vincent still been there, he would have reminded her of the policies she imposed which which contributed to the present situation, and how she decimated the lives of those who were silly enough to vote for her and her party, but then the same voters almost decimated labour.
    Bring back Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

She looks a bit like Verka Serduchka.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks be to jaysus I only caught the tail end of Mullan

Is Imelda Byrne british?

Does it matter. Will someone give mattie cooper a sweet so as to change his most annoying tone. Seriously, how he monitor s the monitor says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

vicwatson wrote:
    Thanks be to jaysus I only caught the tail end of Mullan

Why because he's pro-life?

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Why because he's pro-life?

No, cause he’s an ugly bastard !!! (And anti choice for those who it concerns in the main)

Oh no Bernard Durkin. Jaysus

• Advertisement

But it's on again at 12 on +1. Riveting stuff.

Advertisement