Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tonight Show - Virgin Media One

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Two presenters look like they wish they were in their beds.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Are we living in India here or something? Where are all these rapes happening?

By salmon in Mayo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

cala wrote: »
    Exactly Arrogant Kelly, wouldn't have went on the show if Vincent had still been presenting it, as he would have been asked pertinent questions re' water charges such as why no provision made for people who couldn't afford to pay the charges, and no provision made for people with medical conditions requiring the use of extra water. i thought that the new presenters showed that they're no replacement for V B, by failing to ask Kelly why he favoured giving €100 to everybody regardless of income while penalising the afforementioned.
    So on that alone the two new presenters will never be up to the standards of Vincent, who liked to remind any labour T D who had the guts to go on his show of their raison d'etre.

Fork handles and the two Ronnies is going off on a tangent in relation to more serious issues that were not addressed by the two new presenters , who took over from Vincent , who would have definitely exposed Alan Kelly for the the fiasco that he created and hardship that he was going to impose on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

I would hate to work with someone like Sarah, will take any opportunity to knife you in the back. Jumping on John before he was even allowed to finish his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

EPAndlee wrote:
    Attacked him straight away. At least let him give an opinion

Ah they don't want to hear what he has to say their minds are already up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on what Sarah & Elaine are saying, they're overly aggressive this evening.

Ah lot of women are just fed up with the rape of women and the culture of silence surrounding it. They are reflecting the anger of a lot of women in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I thought that panel discussion was very poor.

The first guest, Niamh was a far more articulate and knowledgeable speaker and they cut her off. They really should have given her more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I thought he was making a very valid point

EPAndlee wrote:

The one about his car being stolen?

cagefactor wrote: »
    I would hate to work with someone like Sarah, will take any opportunity to knife you in the back. Jumping on John before he was even allowed to finish his point.
    I used to like when she was a contributor to the Vincent Browne Show but unfortunately, she was far too aggressive when she was interviewing guests on Newstalk Drive

• Advertisement

Sarah a fantastic speaker on the topic tonight.

Ah yes the twitter feed show

So what? He's an Irish born person ffs

"A last word on this" ?

Ok I'm out. Skype out.

So hard on the Deely Family that Trevor hasn't been found :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

John McGuirk is in dangerous territory here.

Attacked from all sides. Ivan not saying too much!

Matt Cooper is having another go at George Hook :mad:

Elaine Crowley, Sarah McInerney, Matt Cooper. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Are these two not competing with each other for radio listeners? I actually think Ivan might make Matt bring back some effort after all these years

I miss Vinny :( .............. but I will say one positive thing about Matt & Ivan, they manage their time well and the newspaper preview isn't as rushed as before.

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »

I thought so too. But Sarah jumped into attack him immediately. Hate how these people are so arrogant and intimidating, fully convinced that right is on their side.

Leo is being a bit of a sm@rt @rse.

I know Timmy Dooley as I live in his constituency, he has been running (and taking part in charity 10kms) for years... long before Leo starting sharing his own fitness regime on social media.

Bullying comes to mind when I see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm not really liking this. They pick a topic for a few minutes and attack each other over it then change topic and attack each other again

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'm not really liking this. They pick a topic for a few minutes and attack each other over it then change topic and attack each other again

I agree it's arrogant Alan Kelly from last night's show that they should be discussing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I used to like when she was a contributor to the Vincent Browne Show but unfortunately, she was far too aggressive when she was interviewing guests on Newstalk Drive

Do you reckon it was because of her style of questioning that she no longer presents that show, and is now on Saturday mornings instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I thought so too. But Sarah jumped into attack him immediately. Hate how these people are so arrogant and intimidating, fully convinced that right is on their side.

I was looking up what John McGuirk said about what was posted, by Janet O'Sullivan of the Abortion Rights Campaign, about Peter Matthews when he died.

Here are a items about it:

https://twitter.com/JanetOS_/status/836561751734906880

http://www.thelifeinstitute.net/latest-news/abortion-rights-campaign-should-apologise-for-vile-comments-about-the-late-peter-mathews/

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/254986-peter-mathews-has-passed-away-8.html#post10988141

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Five Green Bottles

RTE must just be loving this, the newstalk presenters are knifing George Hook, as well as each other in a viscous frenzy. The credibility of Sarah is in the minus figures and her aggression has become worse since the humiliation of her prime time show thankfully being canned.
    Elaine has huge credibility and isn't ill at all mannered or aggressive.
    Ivan is gone to PC to last very long in the new Hard Neck Slot which he too knifed his ex comrade to get.
    When this powder keg eventually goes up and it will! those who fired Hook under the bus Sarah, Dr. Kelly, Ivan and Chris will find it immensely difficult to find a microphone anywhere to rant into.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ah lot of women are just fed up with the rape of women and the culture of silence surrounding it. They are reflecting the anger of a lot of women in the country.

Culture of silence? WTF are you talking about.

Sarah is one of the new perpetually offended brigade who do more harm to their cause than good by shutting down debate they don't agree as a route to victory instead of actually DEBATING to try win the discussion.

The problem is they make their opponents seem reasonable by always turning their aggression up to 11 and refusing to engage at all with the discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Watched this last night for the first time. Christ it was awful.

So sorry to see Vincent go. :(

Advertisement