Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The only real surprises in the Wexford SHC quarter-finals this weekend was the ease at which Rapparees defeated Rathnure today, and St.Martin's needing a point seven minutes into injury-time to see off the dogged Buffers Alley.

Naomh Eanna were impressive winners over widely-fancied Oylegate too, with Conor McDonald the star of the show for the Gorey men. I am delighted for Mac as he gets as much stick as anyone from keyboard warriors for not showing up for Wexford and shooting the lights out every day. But most of these "experts" fail to realise how restricted he currently is playing as a forward in Davy's current system. He's a victim of his once-in-a-generation talent. It was seemingly a tetchy enough game on occasion by some accounts, but ultimately Naomh Eanna got their match-ups right and clicked on the day.

Martin's were bullied, pulled and dragged all over the field by Buffers Alley, who used every ounce of their experience to make life difficult for a side that have more or less ripped open the championship to date. Wexford Park can be a nightmare to play in when the wind was up like it was on a Saturday evening, and the game suffered as a result. Buffers Alley connections weren't overly enthused with the referee signalling to play six minutes of extra-time, but straying well into the seventh when Rory O'Connor landed the winner.

Oulart's knack of finding the net at opportune moments reaped dividends again as they edged Shelmaliers by 3-11 to 0-15. Was two points in it before Oulart scored their first goal, the same margin as Shels slowly fought back only for Oulart to goal again, and they hammered the nail thereafter. Rapparees 1-25 to 2-15 victory over Rathnure was probably the stand-out win of the weekend. It was a real coming-of-age win for a side that remain on course for a senior double.

The semi-final pairings brought up St.Martins v Naomh Eanna and Oulart v Rapparees. Oulart and Martin's has been earmarked as the probable final since the start of the season, and while I suspect the defending champs to advance to yet another final, I would not be a bit surprised if Naomh Eanna caused a stir in the other one.

Senior football semis next Sunday. My comprehensive preview will follow later on in the week :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    great call

After Extra Time so anyone who went with it probably would have lost. Dreadful game and the mystery of David Gough somehow being considered one of the country's top referees endures.

Wolfe Tones 0-15 Ratoath 0-14 AET
    Navan O'Mahony's 1-20 Na Fianna 1-15 AET
    Gaeil Colmcille 1-11 Moynalvey 0-13
    Simonstown Gaels 4-12 St. Peter's Dunboyne 2-16

Simonstown - Dunboyne lived up to its billing. Conor Nash returned for Simonstown as did Lenehan and Jones for Dunboyne. Dunboyne were 11 points ahead at half time (2-10 to 0-5) but Simonstown steamrolled them in the second half.
    Gaeil Colmcille once again maintained their tough reputation in beating favourites Moynalvey. O'Mahony's came good in extra time against Na Fianna.

Semi Finals:
    Simonstown Gaels v Wolfe Tones
    Navan O'Mahony's/Summerhill v Gaeil Colmcille

Could very well be a Navan derby in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Clare senior hurling semi finals on this weekend.

Clonlara v Clooney on Saturday and Sixmilebridge v Newmarket-on-Fergus on Sunday.

Clooney v Sixmilebridge in the Clare Senior Hurling final on October 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭JB81

Tyrone Club Championships

7 different winners in 7 years. Very competitive championship. Would nearly say it is so hard to win it that by the time its over teams are knackered and never ready for Ulster Club. Tyrone Ulster Club tradition is very poor indeed.

Senior Quarter Final Replays:

Coalisland v Trillick - Tonight - Only drew on Friday night and play again tonight. Coalisland beaten finalists last year. Trillick winners from 2015. Not much between them. Coalisland probably slight favourites going by their league form. Winner will play Omagh on Saturday again.

Clonoe v Pomeroy - Tuesday night - Again only drew on Saturday evening and playing again tomorrow. Pomeroy intermideiate champions from last year and beat defending champions Killyclogher in first round. And were very close to pulling off another shock on Saturday. But Clonoe have been there or thereabouts for years and never give up. Should be interesting tomorrow night. Winners will play Errigal Ciaran who beat Carrickmore last night. Errigal probably favourites for the title, topped the league table.

Intermediate Semi Finals

Aghyaran v Derrlaughan
    Moy v Gortin

Moy ( Cavanagh Bros ) and Aghyaran ( Ronan McNamee and Ronan McHugh ) would be fancied due to their County contingent. Though Derrylaughan finished top of the league.

Junior Semi-Finals

Clogher v Clann Na Gael
    Tattyreagh v Owen Roes

Owen Roes favourites, have went full league so far with 100% record. Tattyreagh finished second.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Cuala drive on in Dublin SHC. Can't see anymore getting within 10 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Club championship back on in Mayo with the last round of the Mayo SFC group stage this weekend.

(16 teams go into 4 groups. 3 games each, top 2 from each go into a seeded QF draw... Group winners play Group 2nd's)

Going to be another tight schedule but at least they're getting going in Sept this year. Last year's AI replay put a ridiculous task ahead of Castlebar (winners) in terms of fixtures.

PARlance wrote: »
    Club championship back on in Mayo with the last round of the Mayo SFC group stage this weekend.

(16 teams go into 4 groups. 3 games each, top 2 from each go into a seeded QF draw... Group winners play Group 2nd's)

Going to be another tight schedule but at least they're getting going in Sept this year. Last year's AI replay put a ridiculous task ahead of Castlebar (winners) in terms of fixtures.

It is mad schedule for Dublin and Mayo.

How many Mayo players are involved in SHC Par?

People talking about players celebrating until Christmas have no idea of time these chaps put in. I know its same for all counties, but AI counties put massive demands on players coming back to club. Would be less of a pressure if they did sensible and played games during inter county. Fair enough would have been impossible probably with Mayo this year but Kilkenny have done it for years with out any noticeable damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It is mad schedule for Dublin and Mayo.

How many Mayo players are involved in SHC Par?

People talking about players celebrating until Christmas have no idea of time these chaps put in. I know its same for all counties, but AI counties put massive demands on players coming back to club. Would be less of a pressure if they did sensible and played games during inter county. Fair enough would have been impossible probably with Mayo this year but Kilkenny have done it for years with out any noticeable damage.

SHC? Hurling? I think Higgins and maybe Boland are the only 2 that play a bit of Hurling. It's safe to say that I know next to nothing about Mayo Hurling.

Most of the team play that played in the Final play with Senior Football Clubs but there are a few that play Intermediate: Barrett, Higgins, Doherty. Keegan playing his first year with Westport.

The Intermediate Championship is at the same stage as the Senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Limerick senior hurling championship

In the first semi-final, Na Piarsaigh beat Doon

Second semi-final is Patrickswell v Kilmallock on Saturday 30th September.

Tyrone Senior Championship

Trillick beat Coalisland last night by 3 points.

Lee Brennan scores 1-8 for Trillick, including a stoppage time penalty..
    By all accounts big performance for Trillick from Mattie Donnelly and his brother Richie as well as Brennan.

Trillick now play Omagh on Saturday in first Senior Semi-Final.

Other Quarter Final Replay is tonight in the Athletic Grounds in Armagh - Yeah you read right...

Pomeroy v Clonoe ( Winners to play Errigal Ciaran )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Roscommon SFC semi-finals coming up this Sunday

St Brigid's v Western Gaels

Last year's champions and the powerhouse in Roscommon for the last number of years St Brigid's take on a Western Gaels outfit who enjoyed a 5-11 to 2-15 win over Clann na nGael in the QF. It looked tight for Brigid's to even make it out of the group earlier in the championship after a couple of losses, however they hit form at the right time and got straight into a semi-final with a 25 point mauling of already qualified Roscommon Gaels. This Western Gaels side, which contains current and former county stars like Seanie McDermott, Kevin Higgins and Finbar and Cathal Cregg, have been there or thereabouts on the Roscommon scene for a few years and will feel its time to deliver. Whoever comes out of this semi will probably be slightly fancied in the final.

Roscommon Gaels v Boyle

Gaels had 7 points to spare when the teams met in Round 2 of the championship back in May and their subsequent run of form had them through to a semi final with a game to spare. However, the manner of their final round defeat to St Brigid's can't have done them any good, being on the wrong end of a 5-18 to 0-8 demolition. A win over St Brigid's in Round 3 got Boyle going after 2 losses and they won 4 on the spin to get to this stage, beating Strokestown in the QF. This has the makings of a very interesting game with a strong Gaels side looking to stifle Boyle's talented forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Stevecw wrote: »
    Carlow SFC this weekend is at sf stage:
    Palatine v Eire Og. Rathvilly v Old Leighlin.

Palatine are on for their own 3 in a row this year and are strong favourites to do so. Gave St Vincents a very good game in Leinster last November. After many years of players from Palatine shying away from playing for Carlow, this year we had a massive amount of Palatine players joining up with the co team. No coincidence it was the best year Carlow had in forever.
    Eire Og have a good young team, but will never live up to the 90's side that dominated Carlow & Leinster club football. There are now sons of that team playing, which makes me feel very old indeed!
    Pal by 4

Rathvilly have Brendan Murphy who everyone knows, his brother is a good free taker and they are solid in defence. Old Leighlin are now ironically an Old side. Most if their best players are well on the wrong side of 30 and can't see them lasting the full 60.
    Rathvilly by 2 in a low scoring game.
    Pal to win the final and do their own 3 in a row.

Well I got 1 perfectly right and the other very wrong!
    Rathvilly did win by 2 in a low scoring game 0-12 to 0-10 exactly as I said it would be. Now I should just walk away as a hero, but no I got the other sf very wrong!

Eire Og put in a great performance even with 14 men for most of the game winning 1-12 to 1-7. Pal went 1-3 to 0-3 ahead and then EO got a man sent off. Weirdly after that EO scored 1-9 to Pals 0-4! The young EO attack with 5 of the 6 forwards under 23 and a really solid defensive plan got the better of Palatine.
    Encouraging and nice to see the 5 time Leinster Club winners in the 90s back in their 1st Carlow final since 2011.

Tough one to call as Eire Og are very young and Rathvilly are a strong side with a lot of experience. Sean Gannon v Brendan Murphy at midfield will be huge, this one might take a replay.

Massive win for last seasons Intermediate champions tonight in Tyrone

Pomeroy 2-10 - Clonoe 1-10

They play favourites Errigal on Sunday in second semi final. Will be there third game in 9 days. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone know what club finals TG4 are covering this Sunday?. I notice from there schedules there starting county final coverage again on 1st October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Galway football semi finals went as expected results-wise.

Corofin 0-11 Annaghdown 1-07
    Mountbellew/Moylough 3-15 Monivea/Abbey 1-04

However Corofin (going for 5 in a row) almost came unstuck as they trailed by 2 pts heading into the last few mins, experience got them over the line.

Mountbellew/Moylough have been going well and will put it up to Corofin in the final. They include Michael Daly, Barry McHugh and Eoin Finnerty (full forward on this year's U-21 team) in their ranks, aswell as veteran Joe Bergin and also Cathal Kenny who is a former county panellist and another very lively forward.

They're a team who have been knocking on the door for a while now and it's probably the first time in a few years that Corofin are going into a final where they're not dead-cert favourites.

Someone asked about the Galway hurling championship and why it's delayed. Turloughmore were judged to have fielded an ineligible player, that player has been suspended and the club docked 2 points in the group section. They are appealing, and it could drag on for a bit. It's not the first time either, as the same club were involved in a similiar controversy a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

More live games on next Friday evening and Saturday afternoon and evening on Eir Sport

Double header from the Dublin County Championship on Friday evening

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/bbarry/eir-gaa-bumper-double-header/

30_09_gaa_cc_1200x400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Galway football semi finals went as expected results-wise.

Corofin 0-11 Annaghdown 1-07
    Mountbellew/Moylough 3-15 Monivea/Abbey 1-04

However Corofin (going for 5 in a row) almost came unstuck as they trailed by 2 pts heading into the last few mins, experience got them over the line.

Mountbellew/Moylough have been going well and will put it up to Corofin in the final. They include Michael Daly, Barry McHugh and Eoin Finnerty (full forward on this year's U-21 team) in their ranks, aswell as veteran Joe Bergin and also Cathal Kenny who is a former county panellist and another very lively forward.

They're a team who have been knocking on the door for a while now and it's probably the first time in a few years that Corofin are going into a final where they're not dead-cert favourites.

Someone asked about the Galway hurling championship and why it's delayed. Turloughmore were judged to have fielded an ineligible player, that player has been suspended and the club docked 2 points in the group section. They are appealing, and it could drag on for a bit. It's not the first time either, as the same club were involved in a similiar controversy a few years ago.

Yep, the last time this happened the county final was played well into December. I’ve heard they’re not expecting anything till the weekend of the 4th November at least. I’ll believe it when I see it (can see it going on longer for sure) but even at that, you’re looking at 4 rounds of matches to go, meaning the earliest it could finish (with no breaks between matches) is the first weekend in December. Lovely!

The 4 winners of the preliminary quarters...
    Clarinridge v Tommie Larkins
    Thomas’s v Killimordaly
    Castlegar v Portumna/Turlough
    Kilnadeema/Leitrim v Cappataggle

...Will have a big advantage of match practice in the quarters vs Gort/Sarsfields/Liam Mellows/Craughwell

As for the football, I wasn’t at it but it seemed a complete collapse by Annaghdown. To be fair to Corofin, Annaghdown were incredibly well organized and gritty this year – I don’t think they even conceded a goal all championship. Flynn is very good to organize teams – he should have beaten Corofin with Tuam 3 years ago.

M’Bellew will be more of a shootout and a completely different game, but they may just have the firepower to push it close. That said I have a feeling it’s set up for a bit of an anti-climax like 2015. M’bellew are doing very well without recent county stars Joss Moore and Gary Sweeney. I can see Paul Donnellan and Eoin Finnerty getting a call up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭MfMan

jr86 wrote: »

As for the football, I wasn’t at it but it seemed a complete collapse by Annaghdown. To be fair to Corofin, Annaghdown were incredibly well organized and gritty this year – I don’t think they even conceded a goal all championship. Flynn is very good to organize teams – he should have beaten Corofin with Tuam 3 years ago.

M’Bellew will be more of a shootout and a completely different game, but they may just have the firepower to push it close. That said I have a feeling it’s set up for a bit of an anti-climax like 2015. M’bellew are doing very well without recent county stars Joss Moore and Gary Sweeney. I can see Paul Donnellan and Eoin Finnerty getting a call up next year.

Not really a collapse. Annaghdown were a bit like Mayo; had a lot of possession after half-time but couldn't translate into scores. Corofin, now playing with the aid of the breeze, were always at least good enough to make openings and create scores. (Though it took sub Justin Burke to do it for them.) A'down goalie made a bit of a hash of a clearance which led to the equalising free.

Don't think M/M will fade this time round and have a great chance if they believe in their own ability. (Ironically managed by former Corofin stalwart Michael Donnellan).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

How are most counties fixed now over the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Cavan Semi Finals this weekend:

Ramor Utd v Castlerahan: Last years winners v their opponents in the Final last year. Ramor not moving as well as last year, and Castlerahan not at their best either. Will be very close

Kingscourt v Cavan Gaels: Winners 2 years ago versus many peoples favourites. Kingscourt not very convincing so far, but still getting the wins. The Gaels on the other hand are flying but struggled against Crosserlough before emerging victorious in the Quarter Final last week.

2 close games in store I would suspect, with Ramor and the Gaels probably expected to make the Final

Cavan Gaels outclassed Kingscourt: 2-8 to 0-6, with former County panellist Paul O Connor

Castlerahan beat Ramor in a battle by 0-10 to 0-9, with Cian Mackey scoring 6 points for the victors, including the last 3 points of the game.

Castlerahans 3rd final appearance in a row, and playing their 3rd final opponent in those 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So all eyes in Wexford will be focused on the senior football semi-finals, down for decision this Sunday in what is forecasted to be a showery and windy Innovate Wexford Park.

Castletown v Starlights: two of the most illustrious clubs in the competition's history provide the curtain-raiser. Starlights have nine titles to their name, with their last two coming in 2002 and 2004, while Castletown won their tenth in 2010 after a 29 year-wait, and subsequently lost the following two finals. As may be quite obvious by my username, I will have vested interest in the game as Castletown are my beloved club, and will try to be as balanced as possible when reaching a verdict.

Castletown were outright favourites for the championship before a ball was thrown in, borne out of both their general consistency (having reached every semi-final bar one since 2010), and the fact that Wexford forward Ben Brosnan and Donegal-native Peter Devine came on board. They justified that tag with two wins in the spring, and they also comprehensively brought home the All-County Division One league in the summer, but they kind of stuttered their way through to the quarter-finals thereafter, with their only win in the rest of the group campaign coming against Sunday's opponents by the narrowest of margins, despite Starlights shorn of their two best players that day. But they emphatically returned to form in their 3-15 to 1-10 quarter-final win against Taghmon, with 3-13 of their tally coming from play, and three subs combining for 2-4 when introduced. The recent addition of Pat Roe to the backroom team seems to have restored the hunger.

Starlights themselves have bought in totally to manager Joe Hagan's preferred set-up, and haven't showed an ounce of fear of any of their opponents to date. They have more or less been under-achievers in the football in recent seasons, and even dropped down to Intermediate a few years ago. Heck, they barely survived the relegation play-off against Adamstown last year. So their improvement this year has been remarkable. In Liam Ryan and Kevin Foley, they have two of the finest footballers in the county, but it's that aforementioned tactical approach that has served them best so far- they drop bodies back and collectively defend ferociously, and counter-attack at pace when the opportunity arises. Their victory over St.James' was probably the stand-out display of the quarter-finals, and richly deserved.

The bookies have Castletown priced at 4/6 to win. Seems about right given their experience. But while this will be there fourth semi-final on the spin, they have failed to advance beyond the penultimate hurdle since 2012, and were only defeated by the eventual champions once in those recent semis (last year v Gusserane). The last three years saw them undone by teams with a myriad of attacking threats (Gusserane in 14 and last year, Martin's in between), while they also seem to find it the most difficult to adjust to unfavourable conditions. While Starlights' forward unit as a whole wouldn't be as threatening as Gusserane's has been in recent years, their system is a nightmare to suffocate, particularly when the elements inevitably blow in from the Clonard end. Ultimately though, and I may be letting my heart over-rule my head here, but I can see Castletown winning by a couple of points- their backs are probably the best unit left in the championship, while their strength from the bench may well prove the difference yet again.

St.Martin's v Shelmaliers:
    a deserved top-billing for two sides very familiar with each other, and two of the most progressive clubs in the county. While they both have been pillars of under-age success over the last five years or so, Shelmaliers have never won a senior football title (their first ever senior title only came in 2014), while St.Martin's won their sole title in 2013.

St.Martin's are the current "bar" in terms of how to generate young talent and feed them through to the adult set-up. Their junior A hurlers won the county title last weekend, their junior footballers are in the county final this Saturday, while their senior hurlers have been tipped by many to topple Oulart. But it could be argued that they have under-achieved in senior football, all things considered. Yes, they made the historic breakthrough in 2013, but they were caught on the hop by St.James' in the replayed final two years ago, and were dismantled by a well-drilled Glynn Barntown side in last year's semi. The general sense is that they routinely stroll through the group stages but end up coming unstuck when trying to juggle both codes at the business end.

Shelmaliers have been pretty consistent since winning the Intermediate title in 2008, but have yet to produce a decent performance in the semi-finals. On paper, they have as good a fifteen as anyone, while under John Hegarty they have developed a bit of a professionalism about how they play. They did dethrone defending champions Gusserane in the quarter-finals, although it wasn't that big a surprise given the problems Gusserane have endured this season. It also must be noted that Shels topped a group containing Castletown, who they beat in round three despite failing to score for the entire first half. So they are in the best fettle they have ever been at this stage.

St.Martin's price of 2/5 suggests that they are set for a straightforward day's work, but I don't see it going that way at all. I only caught the first half of their quarter-final win over Glynn Barntown but I thought their backs looked vulnerable when ran at, a policy that Shels excel at with Brian Malone and Eoghan Nolan carrying the ball. St.Martin's young guns got an almighty shock in the physical stakes by Buffers Alley in the hurling QF last weekend, and may well be in for some more rough treatment on Sunday. Ciaran Lyng and Daithi Waters will call on all their class and wealth of experience to help guide the younger lads, but I think Shelmaliers may just edge it by two points.

The weekend kicks off with the Intermediate A football final between Crossabeg Ballymurn and Naomh Eanna. Both teams will be the first to admit that hurling is the priority, but how neither of them have won this grade in recent years is beyond me. Have generally cut teams apart this season and it's definitely the dream final pairing. It has all the hallmarks of a high-scoring affair, but I think Crossabeg may sneak it. The winners play the Carlow junior champions in Leinster the following Saturday. Should Naomh Eanna win, it may cause a fixture headache for the authorities, as they are down to play St.Martin's in the senior hurling semi-final that weekend. The junior football final between St.Martin's and Rathgarogue Cushinstown is on Saturday evening. Cushinstown have been more or less a top 3 team in this grade in recent years, and have been unlucky not to win the title, so I tip them to make amends here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Meath SHC Final
    The senior and intermediate finals were moved to Saturday because the Meath camogie team have their intermediate All Ireland Final replay on Sunday.
    It sees Kiltale going for their fourth title in a row. Indeed, if it wasn't for a spectacular collapse in the 2013 semi final against Longwood where they went 8 points up at half time only to lose by 3, they would be going for 7 in a row tomorrow.
    They're up against Kildalkey who beat Dunboyne by a point in the semi final and my own club, Ratoath, in the quarter final. Kildalkey are looking for their fifth title overall and their first since 2011.

Kiltale are 1/3 favourites for good reason. With players like Jack Regan, Mark O'Sullivan and Anthony Forde, they've waltzed through the group stages and the semi final and even beat Kildalkey by 6 in the group stages (which, by all accounts, was flattering for Kildalkey). In Leinster after their last three titles, they've been narrowly beaten by the Kilkenny champions each time and there's talk that they're keeping their powder dry for one big push at a Leinster title where they should meet the Kilkenny champions in the semi final once more.

Nothing's ever certain, but to be honest I cannot see anything but a big Kiltale win tomorrow. Depending on the weather tomorrow, it may be worth sticking money on Kiltale to beat the handicap (if one is available).

Two SFC matches in Parnell tonight. Vinnies v Sylvesters and Castleknock v Kilmacud. Both live in Eir 1 I think but will get big crowd. Not sure if DC can play. Vinnies should win handy but second game be anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Two SFC matches in Parnell tonight. Vinnies v Sylvesters and Castleknock v Kilmacud. Both live in Eir 1 I think but will get big crowd. Not sure if DC can play. Vinnies should win handy but second game be anyone's guess.

Have Castleknock added a few players this season? Think they massively overachieved last year and would be very surprised if they were to beat Kilmacud tonight. Vins should win handily.

Two better games on tomorrow arguably. Give Cuala a chance against Judes, think the latter are a bit overrated.

Just checked betting. Crokes are 8/15. On paper they should win given their pool of players, but Castleknock surprised everyone last year. I don't know how much team has changed.

Will be interesting alright to see how Cuala do from now on. Their priority is defending SHC and All Ireland and they have fair few dual players and not really been in serious contention for SFC for a good while. You'd imagine like Vinnies and Boden they will go for one or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was it two yellows Connolly got last week in the hurling?

Was it two yellows Connolly got last week in the hurling?

Not sure to be honest. Think so. They won't miss him tonight be will need him from now on.

Ballymun had to come from behind today but own comfortably, they have Crokes in semi final. Other one is Vinnies v Judes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Great end to the game in ballybofey tonight. Getting some nice added value from EIR sport, I'd definitely pay for this great selection of competitive games

Advertisement