Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Anyone doing the Series 7 preorder? The payment verification is GLACIAL! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm trying to order one, the app says 3 weeks for dispatch

But the website doesn't have them even for sale yet?

I'm getting to the payment and it's giving me all sorts of website errors... It amazes me how they are unable to handle the traffic...

30 minutes later I got my order in via the Apple Store App. Gave up on the website.

2-3 week delivery.

I'd order if i was getting it next week, but now the shipping is out to early to mid November, the want is gone off me now, they can keep it this year!

Clearly don't have stock available for next week, just taking cash while they're producing products.

Yeah, it defo looks that way Eeloe. I was about to throw my hat at it too and the last effort went through. The Green one (that I ordered) is still showing 2-3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

What’s the chances of getting the Nike edition in store on launch day? New to this. Trying to flog curry vouchers. Disappointed with the delivery times online…

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

This is the first year that I've had a bit of cash and was considering a stainless steel or titanium model, but you can't order them in Ireland.

Anyone know why?

Was wondering that myself.

My order was just updated and delivery is the 8th of November. So much for 2-3 weeks, more like 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Because they’re cellular models. Apple has only offered the non cellular watches here and that’s now only aluminium. Honestly, I’d a SS launch watch and looking back I’ve no idea why you’d want a more expensive material on something that’s destined to be e waste in 3 to 4 years time.

Some people might say for the screens. But I’ve abused my S4 and there’s very little scratches on it. And given how most of these will be used for sports, I don’t want sapphire.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭mun1

Ordered blue 45mm delivery 8th-15th nov .

• Advertisement

I've put an order in with Amazon Germany, according to them they'll have stock next week.

If it doesn't ship in a reasonable amount of time i'll just cancel the order.

Colour me surprised. I ordered a series 7 but wanted a leather magnetic strap, so even though I bought it very quickly, I still got a delivery slot of Oct 19 to 22.

Just got a mail telling me it shipped today, so going on past experience, it'll presumably show up tomorrow.

That's pretty cool. Wasn't expecting it on launch day.

Aaaaand it looks like I was a bit premature. No sign of this turning up. The tracking information has it logged in the Netherlands on Wednesday night, but no update since then. Normally when I get a 'shipped' notice it turns up the next day but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Presumably it'll arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Just got a notification from Amazon Germany that my watch will be delivered next Friday.

45mm Starlight.

could potentially have it a couple of days before that, Amazon.de are usually pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

That usually means that DHL are awaiting for it to arrive in The Netherlands from China. You will probably get an update next week to say that DHL actually have the package. Just something to be aware of.

That's interesting. I didn't know that, thanks. In fairness to Apple, they've said the earliest it'll turn up is Oct 19th and in the past they've generally delivered on or before they said they would. I expect it at some point next week.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Looking forward to getting my Apple Watch Edition GPS + Cellular, 45mm Space Black Titanium Case with Space Black Link Bracelet. Ordered from UK Apple store and driving North to collect it.

Did they bring out a titanium version of the bracelet?

Try the combo on before leaving the shop. It’s probably fine, but mixing metals can have weird effects from feel to weight balance. You might want to try a SS watch head if you’re attached to the bracelet idea.

• Advertisement

Will do it’s a special order due to not many of the titanium versions sold.

hell we cant even order stainless steel or titanium watches in Ireland.

So my series 7 arrived this morning. Setting it up now.

Turned out DHL has somehow lost it. I was to APPle for 30 mins yesterday and they sorted it out. So it should have been here ages ago, but whatandever, it's here now. Lovely piece of kit. I've really missed not having an Apple Watch for the last two weeks. I sold my Series 6 and didn't think I'd be between watches for this long.

Made me realise how much I use it for.

My series 7 arrived yesterday.

The starlight looks a lot more gold in pictures. It’s essentially silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Whats the battery life like?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Uodated to watchOS 8.1 recently and now Workout notifications interrupt audio on my AirPods every time. So, when running the audio will stop and there will be silence for about 10 seconds, coinciding with the taptic engine notification to let me know when I've gone 1 km, 2 km, when I've hit my Exercise or Move goal, etc. It never used to do this. Anyone else seeing this happen?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Have you turned it off and on again after updating? for whatever reason watchOS seems to suffer a hangover of sorts after updating that an off/on often sorts out. Might not help at all as it could just be a new bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭PaulT21

This might be the Siri Feedback.. in the Apple Watch app on the phone, you can turn that setting off.

Just the same as my series 6, i could possibly squeeze a second day out of it, but i'm usually around 50% when i'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

It got worse on Friday when I was running and hit whatever km, the audio to my AirPods stopped, but this time it didn't resume and I couldn't get it to resume, despite resetting the phone and the AirPods. (Running with just your thoughts for company is not recommended!) But I think now that it might be a bluetooth issue related to iOS 15.1, rather than watchOS 8.1. I accidentally triggered my iPhone's camera in the car and it cut the audio to CarPlay. So, obviously it's not Watch-specific. Hoping it's fixed in 15.x...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I see the Apple Watch Cellular is now available in the Netherlands leaving just us and Luxembourg as the only countries in Europe without it 🙄

Advertisement