Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Coutinho at 8.8. Surely if he starts this weekend and gets some points he'll shoot up fast.

Also, with Pogba, since he's now flagged can he drop in value? I bought him at 8.1 but can get rid at with a 0.1 profit now. However that'd probably mean buying him back at 8.3 if he can't drop meaning I'd be losing out.

Yes he can drop in value. If he's out for 2-3 weeks then he will probably be back to 8.0/8.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't been able to see a lot of football this season for one reason or another....anyone considering Antonio? Is he still playing advanced role....think I read that somewhere but can't confirm it now.

Have Pogba and Walters so willing to take a hit to sort that out - looking at Antonio and Choupo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Coutinho at 8.8. Surely if he starts this weekend and gets some points he'll shoot up fast.

Also, with Pogba, since he's now flagged can he drop in value? I bought him at 8.1 but can get rid at with a 0.1 profit now. However that'd probably mean buying him back at 8.3 if he can't drop meaning I'd be losing out.

To add to what PARlance says, Pogba will only become price protected when his red flag is removed. Between now & then he will almost certainly leak one or two 0.1s.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Haven't been able to see a lot of football this season for one reason or another....anyone considering Antonio? Is he still playing advanced role....think I read that somewhere but can't confirm it now.

Have Pogba and Walters so willing to take a hit to sort that out - looking at Antonio and Choupo

I'm 0.1 short for getting him in and gutted about it.

He played really well the other night in an advanced role. They have a good run of fixtures coming up too.

He's played 2 full games now so should be right up to speed and is probably the safest option at West Ham right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

He played really well the other night in an advanced role. They have a good run of fixtures coming up too.

He's played 2 full games now so should be right up to speed and is probably the safest option at West Ham right now.

Super - thanks for confirming.

I'll hang on a day or 2 as another injury will probably push me towards wildcarding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

RE; Chupo-Moting - fools gold for me. Career league goalscoring...

Club Season Apps Goals
    Hamburger 2007–08 13 0
    Hamburger 2008–09 0 0
    Hamburger 2009–10 0 0
    Hamburger 2010–11 10 2
    Nürnberg (loan) 2009–10 25 5
    Mainz 2011–12 34 10
    Mainz 2012–13 8 0
    Mainz 2013–14 32 10
    Schalke 2014–15 31 9
    Schalke 2015–16 28 6
    Schalke 2016–17 23 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    RE; Chupo-Moting - fools gold for me. Career league goalscoring...

Club Season Apps Goals
    Hamburger 2007–08 13 0
    Hamburger 2008–09 0 0
    Hamburger 2009–10 0 0
    Hamburger 2010–11 10 2
    Nürnberg (loan) 2009–10 25 5
    Mainz 2011–12 34 10
    Mainz 2012–13 8 0
    Mainz 2013–14 32 10
    Schalke 2014–15 31 9
    Schalke 2015–16 28 6
    Schalke 2016–17 23 3

A few things not included in those stats that are important to consider:

1: Minutes played - many of those appearances were sub appearances, not really fair to include them as a match played as it's hard to make an impact with just 10 or 20 minutes played.

2. Assists not included

If you check him on Whoscored he has pretty decent goals / assists for minutes played (in the context of a fairly cheap FF player).

He fairly consistently over his career will get you a goal or an assist every 2-3 matches. That's a pretty decent return for a 5.5 midfielder imo.

He returns a goal or assist every 2.39 games over his whole career (*if we take a game as 90 minutes completed). This is over many seasons, he's fairly proven as a solid attacking contributor, if not an exceptional goalscorer.

In other words if he regularly starts for Stoke, then imo he'll be a very good option at 5.5. Should have a bit of form and confidence behind him at the moment as well so imo a very good transfer right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He was absolutely brilliant the last night but is there a worry he will be moved to RWB when Arnie ayew lanzini are back ! I'm thinking of going with him on WC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye was impressed with Antonio the other night aswell. For my 2 f.ts I'm now looking at yoshida and Hernandez to bavies and hemed. I may also go -4 to move on Walters but will only do that if I'm not going to wildcard on Friday.

I would hope that Zabaleta is secure at rwb and Antonio will keep his place more forward.

Lanzini should be eased back in when available again and surely only a matter of time before Carroll is injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I would hope that Zabaleta is secure at rwb and Antonio will keep his place more forward.

Lanzini should be eased back in when available again and surely only a matter of time before Carroll is injured.

Antonio won't be used at wing back again that was decided last year so yeah zab is safe enough. When arnie and lanzini are back it's a guessing game as to how we will line up but Antonio won't be dropped he's also prone to being used up top if/when Carroll gets injured he's good value at 7.5 big threat from set pieces too

Antonio won't be used at wing back again that was decided last year so yeah zab is safe enough. When arnie and lanzini are back it's a guessing game as to how we will line up but Antonio won't be dropped he's also prone to being used up top if/when Carroll gets injured he's good value at 7.5 big threat from set pieces too

Yeah he is in now thanks guys
    Now the cheap mid around 5.5 is a serious headache . Currently have grob in but not sold on him. Brady an adoption of I can work out a rotating defender with him (and naughton )
    My head hurts !
    Stoke could work actually but Cameron at 4.5 is injured
    Wimmer at 4.4 could be an option ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Well folks I wildcarded last week and it was a disaster, already done Mane/Pogba/Chico to Eriksen/Gross/Vardy for -8. Have 1.4 m in the bank and thinking of going -12 and getting in Bavies for either Yedlin or Mee, Sure what's another -4 anyway. What a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

patmac wrote:
    Well folks I wildcarded last week and it was a disaster, already done Mane/Pogba/Chico to Eriksen/Gross/Vardy for -8. Have 1.4 m in the bank and thinking of going -12 and getting in Bavies for either Yedlin or Mee, Sure what's another -4 anyway. What a mess.

You've made 3 good moves there Pat.

I wouldn't normal advise on another - 4 but youd have to think Spurs are good for a CS vs. Swansea this weekend

Maybe wait and see how they get on at Wembley tonight.

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah he is in now thanks guys
    Now the cheap mid around 5.5 is a serious headache . Currently have grob in but not sold on him. Brady an adoption of I can work out a rotating defender with him (and naughton )
    My head hurts !
    Stoke could work actually but Cameron at 4.5 is injured
    Wimmer at 4.4 could be an option ?

I was waiting for Cameron to come back. He has played DM this season and I think he will play there again once all centre backs are fit.

He did miss time last year with injury (back I think) and I think it's the same injury that sees him out again which would be a big concern.

I think it's Shawcross, Zuma, Indi, Wimmer in that order.

Are you willing to go punty for the 5.5 mid ?

Demarai Gray could get a start this weekend. He came on at HT when they were 2 down at the weekend. I think he looks quality every time I see him.

Leicester turned down 2 offers over £20 million in the summer and he's currently in contract negotiations ( I think he's refusing to sign due to game time) and if he gets a start I think he is more than good enough to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

patmac wrote: »

Feel like an eight point hit myself but after weighing it up I will go hit free. At 40k now but if I had twelve points more I would be in the top 1500. You really need the hits to pay off and the one I took so far didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Sitting pretty in top 30k with 2 FT. Thinking this is a good week to take a -4 as loads of people will be a bad position because of Pogba and Mane - would use it to make 3 transfers thus holding on to my WC a little while longer.

Want to get Ali in somehow and get rid of the dead weight that is Walters and possible Yoshida. Current team is:

Foster Elliot

Clarke Yoshida Jones Kolasnic Dunk
    Pogba KDB Ritchie Walters Carroll
    Lukaku Kane Firmino

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently have Mane/Pogba and no Kane (or wildcard). Think I'm gonna avoid a monster hit and just switch Mane - Alli and play RLC.

Can play a front 7 then of
    Eriksen - Alli - Richarlison - RLC
    Jesus - Lukaku - Chicarito

Not the most exciting team in the world, but really keen not to take a hit. The double Spurs mid might mitigate no Kane a bit.

Hopefully then haven't lost value by the time we get Pogba news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Hard to see many strong options when moving Pogba out with no money in the bank, Silva or Martial aside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

radharc wrote: »
    Hard to see many strong options when moving Pogba out with no money in the bank, Silva or Martial aside?

Was thinking the same. Makes things so much easier when there is a clear choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

radharc wrote: »

Be interesting to see of Couthino gets any game time tonight, an obvious replacement when he is back fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Sitting pretty in top 30k with 2 FT. Thinking this is a good week to take a -4 as loads of people will be a bad position because of Pogba and Mane - would use it to make 3 transfers thus holding on to my WC a little while longer.

Want to get Ali in somehow and get rid of the dead weight that is Walters and possible Yoshida. Current team is:

Foster Elliot

Clarke Yoshida Jones Kolasnic Dunk
    Pogba KDB Ritchie Walters Carroll
    Lukaku Kane Firmino

Any suggestions?

Pogba surely a must to get rid of also?

Pogba/Walters/KDB could give you Silva/Alli/Mhiky (if you have anything ITB? Not able to check the direct cost of swap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Pogba and Rooney out for Kane and Obiang -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Broke my never buy Harry Kane rule. Here's hoping he doesn't break my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

remoteboy wrote:

You must be a gooner so. No logical reason otherwise

remoteboy wrote: »

I've seen some crazy things on here ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

You must be a gooner so. No logical reason otherwise

Lol. Far from a gooner. He's just one of those players that I can't get the timing right. As soon as I buy him he goes on a barren run then as soon as I sell him he starts scoring again. Have avoided him so far this season but can't resist that Swansea fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What are people doing with KDB?

ScummyMan wrote: »

I got rid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mooy ----> Chopo Moting

Britos ----> Davies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    I got rid

I'm tempted by a straight swap to Hazard

• Site Banned Posts: 103 ✭✭UncleAlbert00

Two transfers - Mané out, Salah in. Pogba out, Mikhi in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

-8 last night for Kane, Mikhi, gros in for chicarito, pog & tadic.

0 left in the bank.

Was going to leave tadic in but couldn't see anyone for 7.2 or less I wanted for pog so got the 1.1 needed to get mikhi by selling tadic to gros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking at my first hit for -4

De Gea Elliot
    Jones Bavies Lowe Long TAA
    Salah DaBruyne Willian Mooy RLC
    Kane Lukaku Chico

TAA needs to be upgraded to a playing 4.5 defender Incase Lowe is injured as Long doesn't start.
    Chico is out favor and RLC hurt and Mooy is playing very deep but he's not Urgent

Any feedback on
    TAA - Clark
    RLC - Carroll
    Chico - Abraham

Free cash then upgrade Mooy next week to Ritchie maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

MrMac84 wrote: »

De Gea Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Chico

TAA needs to be upgraded to a playing 4.5 defender Incase Lowe is injured as Long doesn't start.
    Chico is out favor and RLC hurt and Mooy is playing very deep but he's not Urgent

Any feedback on
    TAA - Clark
    RLC - Carroll
    Chico - Abraham

I'd do the TAA & Chico one's but wouldn't take a hit for Tom Carroll away to spurs.

You're looking at 2 points. You should be able to field 11 even if Lowe doesn't make it back.
    Not worth a hit in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

MrMac84 wrote: »

De Gea Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Chico

Any feedback on
    TAA - Clark
    RLC - Carroll
    Chico - Abraham

Some think that TAA might get playing time again after last weekend. Clark is a good lad though and goes forward for set pieces. The only problem with Clark is that there are 2 CD spots up for grabs with Newcastle and Clark Lascelles and Lejeune are all vying for it. Brighton also have a nice run coming up and the likes of Dunk is nailed on and gets into the box a hell of a lot.

RLC is back from injury but I don't necessarily think that he's a Roy Hodgson type player. I think Milivojevic will get more playing time now. It's possible though that his loan deal dictates a minimum amount of playing time when fit.

I wouldn't be gone on Abraham personally, I'd be looking at Joselu for Newcastle or Okazaki for Leicester.

Willian might be a more pressing transfer for you with Hazard back.

Disclaimer

2nd Row Donkey is to look away and pay no attention. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Pogba surely a must to get rid of also?

Pogba/Walters/KDB could give you Silva/Alli/Mhiky (if you have anything ITB? Not able to check the direct cost of swap)

Yeah, here's my latest thinking (-4)

Yoshida ->Hunemeir
    Pogba -> Ali
    Walters -> Matic

Gives me a starting 11 of

Foster
    Kola Jones Clark
    KDB Ali Ritchie Matic
    Lukaku Kane Firmino

To tide me over till GW7 when I will wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Brought in Oxlade Chamberlain - at £6.0 with Mane out for a few games and Coutinho looking very rusty last night, I think he is a very cheap way of covering Liverpool at the moment.

Obviously taking the gamble that he will be selected, but I think he will. I enjoy making those kind of calls and making those risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mokuba wrote: »
    Brought in Oxlade Chamberlain - at £6.0 with Mane out for a few games and Coutinho looking very rusty last night, I think he is a very cheap way of covering Liverpool at the moment.

Obviously taking the gamble that he will be selected, but I think he will. I enjoy making those kind of calls and making those risks.

Even if he starts, he's a poor fantasy asset. He'd 2 goals and 7 assists last year, granted it's not bad for a 6.0 midfielder but you're taking up a Liverpool spot with Ox. Covering Liverpool yes but good fantasy returns, not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ScummyMan wrote: »

I kept because he finally did well last week, and I had bigger priorities to sell. If he's off again this weekend I could sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Same, one more week of KDB then make the call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Chico to Vardy
    Willian to Choupo Moting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I kept because he finally did well last week, and I had bigger priorities to sell. If he's off again this weekend I could sell.

Iirc KDB has always been fairly "volatile" with his scoring even when he was playing more advanced. He would go a good few frustrating "assist the assister" weeks and then he would explode...

That's probably no use to you whatsoever :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Mokuba wrote: »

I wouldn't have Ox near my team, there are many better options for £6m or less, even if he was 100% guaranteed to play.

Coverage from a team would more cover one of Eriksen/Alli, Mane/Salah or Pogba/Mkhitaryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any of the Liverpool fans reckon Salah/Firmino will be rested at the weekend?

Any of the Liverpool fans reckon Salah/Firmino will be rested at the weekend?

No and no. Lost our last game 5-0. 3 points needed.

Colking wrote: »
    Some think that TAA might get playing time again after last weekend. Clark is a good lad though and goes forward for set pieces. The only problem with Clark is that there are 2 CD spots up for grabs with Newcastle and Clark Lascelles and Lejeune are all vying for it. Brighton also have a nice run coming up and the likes of Dunk is nailed on and gets into the box a hell of a lot.

RLC is back from injury but I don't necessarily think that he's a Roy Hodgson type player. I think Milivojevic will get more playing time now. It's possible though that his loan deal dictates a minimum amount of playing time when fit.

I wouldn't be gone on Abraham personally, I'd be looking at Joselu for Newcastle or Okazaki for Leicester.

Willian might be a more pressing transfer for you with Hazard back.

Disclaimer

2nd Row Donkey is to look away and pay no attention. ;)

Dunk Is a good call but do we think Okazaki will play much?

Chico to Vardy
    Willian to Choupo Moting

Vardys a great call will be watching Choupo this week also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lukaku to Kane and Pogba to Antonio for a hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looking to get Kane in, for a -4.

Can do A) Lukaku + Pogba to Kane + 8.2.
    Would Martil or Mata be ok as a placeholder until Pogba returns?

Or B) Morata + Pogba to Kane + 6.7.
    Probably Groß, who has ok fixtures.

Or C) Firmino + Pogba to Kane + 5.1.

MF is Dilva, Alli, Antonio and Carroll.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement