Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Pogone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pogpanic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Glad I'm in my wildcard week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

I've already taken a -4 and now I need to offload Pogba. If I activate the wildcard now, will that cancel the -4 for the week? Pretty sure it does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

bantee wrote:
    I've already taken a -4 and now I need to offload Pogba. If I activate the wildcard now, will that cancel the -4 for the week? Pretty sure it does

Yeah it does

• Advertisement

bantee wrote:

Yeah it does
    If if activated it can't be inactivated?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benteke and Pogba to Kane (c) and a 5.9m midfielder (Richie, Chuopo-Moting) for -4 is on the cards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Had already planned tadic and chicarito out for Kane and a 5.5 or less mid. (To fund kane)

Tadic was dropped last week but Southampton lost so he might be recalled.

If I thought he'd play I'd keep him and sell pogba for a 7.0 mid to fund Kane (assuming pog is ruled out as expected)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

that injury is going to actually help folk who don't have Kane, as now they have cash, whereas those of us with Kane and Pogba, now are missing Pogba and have to find a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Any ideas on when to play free hit or wildcard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

2FT.

Cedric or Morgan or Suttner to Bavies.
    Lacazette to Kane.
    Alli to someone around the £6.8 mark.

Not exactly delighted with it.
    Will wait til after CL.

Alli stays then, and instead will need to do something more Pogcentric now - the upside of having waited (Bavies going up .1 being the downside).
    All the apples will be in the Spurs Wembley cart I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Who are we thinking will fill in for Pogba?

Lingers/Mata/Fellaini/Herrera?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was really hoping to bank this week after playing the wildcard last week, but Pogba -> Mkhitaryan seems like the easiest transfer ever, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

callaway92 wrote: »
    Who are we thinking will fill in for Pogba?

Lingers/Mata/Fellaini/Herrera?

I don't think it really mattes, as for 3 of them players your not buying for FF, and the other's (Mata) game time is still not guaranteed. Best to look elsewhere imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Paully D wrote: »
    I was really hoping to bank this week after playing the wildcard last week, but Pogba -> Mkhitaryan seems like the easiest transfer ever, no?

Would it be better to look elsewhere? Especially if you have Lukaku already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

dahat wrote: »
    Would it be better to look elsewhere? Especially if you have Lukaku already.

Pedro could be worth a look perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Have both William and Pogba and don't know what to do now. Not sure if Willian is gonna start but will probably have to use my FT on Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Had already planned tadic and chicarito out for Kane and a 5.5 or less mid. (To fund kane)

Tadic was dropped last week but Southampton lost so he might be recalled.

If I thought he'd play I'd keep him and sell pogba for a 7.0 mid to fund Kane (assuming pog is ruled out as expected)

Yeah I'll probably be relying on Tadic now or could start Stephens.
    However I now have the option of keeping Kun instead of Jesus!!!
    They've got me 44pts but the City pair have given me a few extra grey hairs.

Thinking Alli over Eriksen in the WC, he'll be a differential in some leagues

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah I'll probably be relying on Tadic now or could start Stephens.
    However I now have the option of keeping Kun instead of Jesus!!!
    They've got me 44pts but the City pair have given me a few extra grey hairs.

I was already relying on Stephens starting.
    Tadic I'd expect to come back but may have a price drop before then?
    I'll watch spurs match and make up my mind then.
    I think now I'll be wildcarding Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I was already relying on Stephens starting.
    Tadic I'd expect to come back but may have a price drop before then?
    I'll watch spurs match and make up my mind then.
    I think now I'll be wildcarding Friday.

Kolasinac starting for me.
    Tadic is halfway to a rise atm.

ElTel wrote: »
    Kolasinac starting for me.
    Tadic is halfway to a rise atm.

Cheers. I was looking at it wrong. Seen the red arrows and thought he was halfway to a drop. Ah he'll be fine price wise until the weekend. Prob not worth an extra -4 to ditch him. Especially when it's palace they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

bantee wrote: »
    If if activated it can't be inactivated?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

callaway92 wrote: »
    Gonna have to get Kane in and will need a -4 to do so.

Once Morata rises I'll have gained 0.1 on him.

It'll be Alli to Chupa Moting

Morata to Kane

I'll be happy to just have Ben Davies and Kane for Spurs

I'm doing the exact same with regard to spurs, but thinking of keeping morata and looking at a front line of Morata Jesus Kane

I'll finally be getting rid of lukaku. Even though he's getting goals, owning him just makes me feel cold and dirty. I don't like lukaku

I'm also going chopo moting in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm doing the exact same with regard to spurs, but thinking of keeping morata and looking at a front line of Morata Jesus Kane

I'll finally be getting rid of lukaku. Even though he's getting goals, owning him just makes me feel cold and dirty. I don't like lukaku

I'm also going chopo moting in

Or with my 2 FTs I can just do lukaku to Kane and Ramsey to choupo moting... And keep dele for the swans....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Looking like Poggers out! Bollox! I planned on banking my FT this week:rolleyes:
    Miki in? Siggy? Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Pogba had 80k transfers in this week, a good few of those could be transferring out for a hit, mikytaran will probably be the biggest gainer from Pogba transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Current team is:

Foster/Elliott
    Davies, Valencia, Stephens, Suttner, Mee
    Alli, Pogba, Ramsey, Richarlison, Carroll
    Lukaku, Firmino, Benteke (!!)

Given that I will WC after fridays deadline (or GW7 at the latest) what would people think of:

Pogba and Benteke to Kane (c) and a 5.9 midfielder (probably Ritchie or Chuopo-Moting) for -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gammygils wrote: »
    Looking like Poggers out! Bollox! I planned on banking my FT this week:rolleyes:
    Miki in? Siggy? Hmmm

Sky saying he'll "be out for a few weeks". Looking at Mikhitryan as an option myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Coutinho at 8.8. Surely if he starts this weekend and gets some points he'll shoot up fast.

Also, with Pogba, since he's now flagged can he drop in value? I bought him at 8.1 but can get rid at with a 0.1 profit now. However that'd probably mean buying him back at 8.3 if he can't drop meaning I'd be losing out.

Advertisement