Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't get

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

osarusan wrote: »
    Why people watch stuff like X Factor, Love Island, Big Brother or similar.

Holy Fcuk Yes. This. I just cannot fathom why people watch this and then they talk about it like they know the people. Then of course the people in it become 'celebrities'

The whole celebrity culture is such BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

dd972 wrote: »
    How some people are born with personalities that give them some sort of God like power and dominion over their lives, end up in the right line of work, their faces always fit, they marry the right person and are generally able to influence how others percieve them whilst others are born with personalities that make them victims of circumstance, targets for piss taking and bullying, fail at work and relationships, **** up all the time and have no social capital or respect.

Its the 'Pecking Order'

definition: an informal social system in which some people or groups know they are more or less important than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

philstar wrote: »
    :confused: whats this 5 guys??

A fancy chipper in Dundrum. The milkshakes are gorgeous but the food is ordinary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 SpliffPolitics

Blokes that wear no socks with runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Trivial Annoyances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

northgirl wrote: »
    Any

Well Bon Jovi, miss lady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

People who hold the Irish football team in high regard when in reality they're a pretty dull "hoof it - head it" outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People who record everything on their phones .Why can't they enjoy concerts,school plays,sporting events ect.without having their phones out constantly recording..it's so annoying to be somewhere and some dipsticks have their phones stuck up in the air continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

the Snapchat thing where girls have a dogs face

Frats in North American universities... Sigma Alpha etc

how people can claim to love Sushi

the fashion trend where guys wear their jeans only half pulled up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Text speak--how hard is it to type one or two more letters?Instead youve removed that many letters from the text that I need to use google translate to understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Wearing baseball caps backwards
    Pre-Ripped Jeans
    Those gamers on you tube that make a fortune playing video games while others watch

I am sure a combination of all three would be dangerous for my health....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why any company / entity bothers engaging with Twitter. It's just a platform for generating hate and faux outrage over nothing and must be a such a waste of time money and effort to bother with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Long sums that mix letters and numbers, it's not natural, they shouldn't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KraftyKennedy

How people actually like the taste of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I don't understand cricket no matter how often it's explained or how often I've watched. I think I have it then..... No I just don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Music television

• Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Youtubers and "social influencers" (I also don't get how that's even a thing), and what dark spells they must use to get my children watching their inane drivel for hours on end.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I don't get why factorial zero equals 1

0!=1

I also don't get why it took over 300 pages in Principia Mathematica to conclusively prove that 1+1=2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

No satisfaction.

Don't or can't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tevey08

I don't get the latest fashion craze in teenage men wearing tight jeans/tracksuits and having fluffy fringes.

How technology has ruined nights out, everything you do recorded and pictures to remind you how dumb you are :D

People posting 50 millions stories on their snapchat.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

Radio advertising that involve conversations between 2 people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

tevey08 wrote: »
    I don't get the latest fashion craze in teenage men wearing tight jeans/tracksuits and having fluffy fringes.

I hate that haircut. It's the mullet of our generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

That one isn't hard to understand. Irish person went to America back in the day. Overstayed their visa. Now has a family and business there and is paying taxes and contributing to society.

Since 9/11 they can't travel home and expect to get back into the US. Half their family is there and half their family is in Ireland and they can't regularize their situation.

But that is the whole problem [bolded bit]. One does not simply walk into Mordor. So I am not sure why I'm supposed to have sympathy.

I don't get why people think they can take on the bookies (endless data, actuaries, algorithms, and computing power) and win over the long term. Maybe they are crushingly hopeless at maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fashion. I don't get why people care about their clothing being 'in'. Nor do I 'get' why people have to have the latest models of mobile phones.

Fans. Indepth knowledge of and fascination with the famous person's background and personal live as well as their whole career. Now and then, it's interesting to be told a surprising fact about someone very famous from a fan, but I couldn't take that level of interest.

Fake tan. I think women look better without it. (that'll go down well)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I don't get people posting pictures of their kids on Facebook. I don't buy the excuse it is to share them with family, there is email for that. I don't get the constant over sharing of every mundane detail of their lives or airing their grievances with an ex,. I don't get the people who pander to their constant need for validation telling them they are great the whole time. Easier to say I don't get Facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

73Cat wrote:
    I don't get people posting pictures of their kids on Facebook. I don't buy the excuse it is to share them with family, there is email for that. I don't get the constant over sharing of every mundane detail of their lives or airing their grievances with an ex,. I don't get the people who pander to their constant need for validation telling them they are great the whole time. Easier to say I don't get Facebook

Never had an account, never want one. The behaviour on it is very very strange, but I can see it's merits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Never had an account, never want one. The behaviour on it is very very strange, but I can see it's merits

I had an account but deleted it, it was wrecking my head. I just don't get all the attention seeking at all, it turns some normally sane people into a$sholes. I do miss all the funny stuff though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

OP, I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Wanting children. And the general attitude towards people who don't want children.

Fashion, makeup.

Irish drinking culture.

A preference for cats over dogs.

The way Irish people conduct conversations by talking loudly over everyone else talking loudly until the last person talking actually gets to be heard.

People who don't trust science insofar at least as to not feed them bleach to cure autism etc.

Advertisement