Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't get

Options
  • 06-09-2017 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

What are some things you just don't understand?

I'll start.

Drivers who don't indicate. Why? You literally have to move your hand a few centimetres. It takes less energy than actually making that decision to drive in a certain direction. Why would you not?

Trolls on social media and/or comment sections a la the Daily Mail, Sindo, journal.ie, youtube, twitter etc. They're like a cancer of the internet and it's baffling how incredibly nasty and awful some can be at the most innocuous things. Calling someone a whore that they hope is raped or a f**got that deserves to die or any number of bloody awful things, when they've done something simple like uploaded a harmless video or expressed a generic opinion? I just don't get it.

Lots of finance-related stuff. Stocks, bonds, index funds, compound interest etc. I've read up on investing, I've had banker friends sit me down and explain as you would to a five year old and I'll just sit with a blank stare on my face until they give up. Just does not compute.

How popular porridge is as a breakfast choice. How does anyone love porridge? It's got the texture of cement and the bland taste of something you'd be fed in prison. So bleh.

Which leads onto my next one - morning people. People that spring out of bed full of the joys of the day ahead. How can someone be so happy to leave their warm, toasty bed to face the soul-destroying prospect of work, or commuting, or worst of all running on a treadmill in the morning?

Overly religious people.

Why people start smoking. I might understand people who did so decades ago before the health implications were widely known, but in 2017 why would somebody suddenly decide to spend a fortune on something that could very possibly kill you, that makes you stink, that turns your teeth yellow and that isn't considered "cool" anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Tracker mortgages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Brendan O'Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

People who start threads about things they don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Chinese writing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Teenage girls never having the phone out of their hands. Just enjoy your youth ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

A fly has a whole house to play with but decides it wants to bounce off my face when I'm having dinner or watching telly.

A whole fookin house.

Why my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yorkshire puddings.

Women. I never got them until that guy posted about 20 AF threads on pick up techniques in the space of one week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Facebook & Twitter.

Why someone wastes their time re-registering to troll, when they know they'll be banned in double jig time.

Car adverts on TV that hardly show you the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Speed limit is 120km/h on the motorway and still humans are building cars capable of 200-250 km/h...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Game of Thrones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

How some people are born with personalities that give them some sort of God like power and dominion over their lives, end up in the right line of work, their faces always fit, they marry the right person and are generally able to influence how others percieve them whilst others are born with personalities that make them victims of circumstance, targets for piss taking and bullying, fail at work and relationships, **** up all the time and have no social capital or respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Bambi985 wrote: »

Drivers who don't indicate. Why? You literally have to move your hand a few centimetres. It takes less energy than actually making that decision to drive in a certain direction. Why would you not?

x 100 ...totally concur esp in this country..."ah sure it takes too much effort"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Enough sex with supermodels

Why there isn't absolute revolt by young public sector workers against the older ones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

"The plight of the undocumented Irish"

Teenage girls never having the phone out of their hands. Just enjoy your youth ladies

They're just holding them there with their fingers hovering over speed-dial to the local cop shop because they see you within 100 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Why people watch stuff like X Factor, Love Island, Big Brother or similar.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    "The plight of the undocumented Irish"

That one isn't hard to understand. Irish person went to America back in the day. Overstayed their visa. Now has a family and business there and is paying taxes and contributing to society.

Since 9/11 they can't travel home and expect to get back into the US. Half their family is there and half their family is in Ireland and they can't regularize their situation.

DACA is different because those people are all Mexicans. Even the ones from other countries. That's why I have to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

And why is Mexicans different to Irish? Arent they having families?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Phony celebrity culture.

Queuing up for hours to meet some reality TV wannabe who will be back stacking shelves in a couple of years. I'll never understand the culture of worshipping these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

People who spend ages queueing for ****e, like Starbucks, 5 guys, the release of a fashion range or the latest ****e gadget. I can never understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

'Celebrity ' Operation Transformation

And why is Mexicans different to Irish? Arent they having families?

Mexicans don't get sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

keano_afc wrote: »
    Phony celebrity culture.

Queuing up for hours to meet some reality TV wannabe who will be back stacking shelves in a couple of years. I'll never understand the culture of worshipping these people.

+1. "Fans" in a general sense I don't get. Having respect for someone who has achieved something exceptional and achieved a level of notoriety with that is one thing. Travelling and/or queueing for days and forking out hundreds to see them perform live or get an autograph and worshipping them like they're some kind of god is another. I often wonder if these people have some sort of mental illness?

pauliebdub wrote: »
    People who spend ages queueing for ****e, like Starbucks, 5 guys, the release of a fashion range or the latest ****e gadget. I can never understand it.

I am with you on everything except Five Guys. Serious outfit and well worth queueing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Why people take 1,000's of photos on their phone that they will never look at again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

myshirt wrote: »
    I am with you on everything except Five Guys. Serious outfit and well worth queueing for.

:confused: whats this 5 guys??

Advertisement