Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    Loving your match reports by the way :D

I started writing them, but my first 4 games were losses and was sick of telling people they deserved the win when clearly I was the better team. :pac:

Actually, the real reason was a few nights with a few games in a row and I didn't have time, so I thought I'd just keep it short and sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Looks like I'm holding up the show! I've 6 games to play and should be able to play at parts of the day over the weekend. Just message me when you can play.

I've to play Derby, Stoke, Brentford, Villa, Swansea and West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looks like I'm holding up the show! I've 6 games to play and should be able to play at parts of the day over the weekend. Just message me when you can play.

If you're on this evening after the Rugby I can play you man (Brentford)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I had a backlog, but got a few during the week. Apologies all been a hectic 2 weeks. I can catch you Sunday evening / night if that suits

Gonna try my best to be on tonight lads. I'll play anyone that's on because there's a few I haven't played at all yet and almost everyone I have to play again

• Advertisement

Gonna try my best to be on tonight lads. I'll play anyone that's on because there's a few I haven't played at all yet and almost everyone I have to play again

Got 3 games played tonight, 1 from the backlog of games I need to play and 2 from games from future weeks.

3 wins from the 3 to avenge my defeats to all of those teams earlier in the season :)

We're falling a bit behind on the games lads, me included. Can we try catch up by the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

We're falling a bit behind on the games lads, me included. Can we try catch up by the weekend?

Il be online tonight at 9 for a little while

Well lads. Dunno if there's any interest, but there's a new league starting up which revolves around draft picks and custom teams. It's starting next week but sign ups start now. Myself and some of the lads here have signed up.

I won't go on about the details but if anyone wants to know more, send me a message

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Middlesbrough here. Sorry lads, I haven't been around to play fixtures for about 2 weeks, I've had a funeral to deal with and working fairly flat out around that. Will be on in about an hour if any of my fixtures are are around, I'll try get through as many as I can. I'm away on holidays tomorrow for 9 days, so regrettably I'm probably making a bollox of my league commitments this season. Sorry Colemania and all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

From the results thread.

Good luck to everyone else
    Norwich 0 - 8 Preston

A 1 sided drubbing in this, not much to say from my POV.

I'm done with PES for the next league. Its not enjoyable getting hammered in 80% of the games.

Well done to all colemainser for organising things and who knows I may come back sometime.

Good luck to all

From the results thread.

Good luck to everyone else

You're a good player and didn't you win the shield last year? The team just didn't suit you and as soon as you go 2 goals down, you change tactics to attack leaving big gaps at the back.

Championship teams have been frustrating for some but when we go back to the higher quality teams in pes 2020, where you'll be one of the first picks, it'll be much different

Maybe your right Colemania. I'll stick with it and look forward to the next league :)

Maybe your right Colemania. I'll stick with it and look forward to the next league :)

No maybe about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah looking there, you actually lost a few games by just the one goal - and they were against damo, reggie, stephen and meath I think. So that's actually not too shabby at all! I'd be happy with that :D Few other losses by 2 again against reggie and coleman.

Your big losses as coleman says is down to going too gung ho when you go behind a bit. I find even if I don't go very attacking I can still ship a good few extra goals when I go behind by a few and get deflated a bit. Going on the attack too much just exacerbates that.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Good player, just you change to attacking too early. Going attacking in this always leaves you very open at the back. Scorelines don't reflect how close a game are. We had a great game

I think I need to reevaluate my tactics and play more cagey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are we all done releasing fixtures now?

Can I just plow through the remaining fixtures on the league site? or do I need to mindful that some are not released yet......

Are we all done releasing fixtures now?

Can I just plow through the remaining fixtures on the league site? or do I need to mindful that some are not released yet......

Sorry, yes there are more to be released but if you know what games you have to play, just play them. I'll release the remaining ones now

Seeing as some of next weeks games have already been played, I've just released all the outstanding fixtures for the league.

Everyone should have played 22 games by the end of the league so check the table and just deduct your games played from 22 and you'll know how much games you should have left.

Top 4 qualifies for Champions Cup and for the rest, our season is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'll be away from Saturday for a week , so I'll try and get everything played in the next few nights. Forest BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

I think I need to reevaluate my tactics and play more cagey :)

Hang tough man I think everyone has taking a hammering at some stage

Might be no use at this stage but I'm gonna leave the league games to be played until next Friday. Please get them finished or I'll start awarding walkovers based on acitivity.

As there's only the champions Cup this season, only the top 4 postions qualify. This will also be the last league run for PES 2019. Next league will be the first of PES 2020.

Ok lads, I might be shooting myself in the foot here but due to some hammering handed out recently for one reason or another, goal difference will not be taken into account to decide top 4. If teams miss out on the top 4, only on goal difference, there will be a playoff to decide who qualifies.

The 4th position looks like it's between Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston and maybe a late charge from Aston Villa. Gonna be a very close finish!

I THINK I'm safe for Top 4, so it doesn't really impact me since I'll be in 2nd or 3rd so it doesn't matter...but is that not very unfair on people with the strong goal differences?

callaway92 wrote: »
    I THINK I'm safe for Top 4, so it doesn't really impact me since I'll be in 2nd or 3rd so it doesn't matter...but is that not very unfair on people with the strong goal differences?

Nope. Look at Norwichs goal difference. Minus 65. This has contributed to massive goal differences for some teams. Now we all know that the Norwich manager isn't a bad player. He just got a bit frustrated for a while and probably lost interest when he went a few goals down. Doesn't tell the full picture

But you could say that about a load of games.

Who’s to say he wasn’t trying though.

Eg - after I concede a few goals and am fooked in a game I often just half give up too

Fair enough if others go with the decision, but I think it’s unfair to decide that out of nowhere.

Don't forget lads that tomorrow is the last day to play your games. I will be making a judgement call on Saturday morning for the unplayed games.

Also, just reading back, the Middlesbrough manager is on holiday so I'm gonna give walkovers for all his games as he has 12 to play

I'm available tonight to finish any outstanding game. I know I'm rock bottom bit I think for the intergity of the league I need to finish them out unless Colemania wants to issue walkovers , which I have no problem with :)

• Advertisement

I'm available tonight to finish any outstanding game. I know I'm rock bottom bit I think for the intergity of the league I need to finish them out unless Colemania wants to issue walkovers , which I have no problem with :)

Try finish out the games and thanks for sticking it out. Much appreciated.

I'll also be online tonight to finish my last 2 games against Stoke, if it doesn't lag out again that is!

Advertisement