Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have 1 game left in the league and it’s against Stoke who won’t be on for the next couple of days.
    Happy to score that as a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

All hail king damo's invincible's

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

All hail king damo's invincible's

Hopefully I can continue the form or it was all for nothing ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Congrats to the top 4 for qualifying for the final Champions Cup of PES 2019.

Also congrats to Damo for finishing the league unbeaten. Now he just has to emulate his role model, Mr Klopp, and put an end to his run of final losses and win the Champions Cup!

Best of luck to all managers and thanks for taking part in the leagues throughout PES 2019.

I'll go into more detail closer to the time but we're gonna move all activity to an app called Discord. Basically all the chat, fixtures, league tables, results etc will be posted on this so it should prevent the PSN chat hopping and annoying people during games. We're using it for another league at the moment and it's great. Anyway I'll go into more detail closer to the time

How are we getting on with the semi finals lads?

• Advertisement

Djk away till the weekend so hoping to get it done then

Congrats to Swansea (reggie) and Sheffield Wednesday (Stephen) on reaching the final of the last PES 2019 Boards League.

Commiserations to Damo who I'm sure would have won a couple of the leagues this season with a stable internet connection, and to Davidjkennedy who did well to get to the semi final with the second worst rated team in the league ;) (Prestons best player is their right back....)

Thanks to all who took part for the leagues this year. Hope to see you all back for the next game, the badly named eFootball PES 2020. To those we lost along the way due to personal/work issues, we might see you back for the next league.

Congrats to Swansea (reggie) for the Champions Cup win for the final boards league of PES 2019.

Special merit award to the Derby manager Damo for going unbeaten in the group stage. Have to give him something you know!

See ye in PES 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cole, cheers for organising it again, nicely done. Proving that having a baby is actually handy :pac:

It's that awkward period where people are getting bored of PES, so hard to motivate players. That's why I purposely got knocked out early. Roll on PES 2020.

Congrats Reggie, Hard luck to Beaster !
    Great season overall!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/PesUniverse/status/1144218142639570948?s=19

No intentional fouling allowed in the next boards leagues lads. I'm looking at you djk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

haha ah jaysis.

I recall my semi-final match with Reggie where he took my last-man-out blatantly and he didn't get a card. Was some laugh!

I'll try to tone down on my end ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've done it a couple of times in the final game on those 3 game winning streak challenges in myclub. Not a great thing to do, but sometimes it has to be done!
    IF someone does it in the league, we should upload it to youtube to a hall of shame

callaway92 wrote: »
    haha ah jaysis.

I recall my semi-final match with Reggie where he took my last-man-out blatantly and he didn't get a card. Was some laugh!

I'll try to tone down on my end ha

If I didn't get a card then I didn't take him out. Simples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 puntyboy82

Well lads hoping to play this for PES 2020 and have a few questions...

1. Pass assist... I normally use PA2 in myclub. Are there rules around this? Or just go with what your used to?
    2. How good are ye guys my club wise? About an 750 realistically player although i finished 19 in the 900's
    3. The fixtures on the other thread - they usually say 6.15 on a Saturday which is when I usually play for real. Do players need to be online on this time or is that just a "games need to be played by" time.
    4. How good is Pes 2020? :)

puntyboy82 wrote: »
    Well lads hoping to play this for PES 2020 and have a few questions...

1. Pass assist... I normally use PA2 in myclub. Are there rules around this? Or just go with what your used to?
    2. How good are ye guys my club wise? About an 750 realistically player although i finished 19 in the 900's
    3. The fixtures on the other thread - they usually say 6.15 on a Saturday which is when I usually play for real. Do players need to be online on this time or is that just a "games need to be played by" time.
    4. How good is Pes 2020? :)

Welcome. I run the league so I'll answer your questions and any other questions you may have although a lot of the lads here have been in these leagues since we started in PES 2018 so could probably answer these questions too!

1. Pass assist - I'll admit that there was actually no rules behind this in previous leagues but I'm glad you mentioned it. I was in another league briefly and it was clear as day that using Pass Assist level 3 gave you a massive and unfair advantage on your opponent. Therefore, a new rule for leagues going forward will be that you must use PA2 or PA1. Some prefer PA1 for passing so that's fine too.

2. We're all absolutely class...... Ah no, the quality can vary quite a bit but I've noticed the more leagues that were played, the more players got better. There's probably 3-4 top players in this group but I'll let you find that out for yourself who they are ;) Every PES is different so someone that was good/bad in PES 2019 mightn't be the same in the new game. I was crap at 2018 but won the first league of 2019, albeit I was using Liverpool :)

3. Ignore the dates and times on the fixtures. It's just how they're set up on the website I use. I'll release a fixture list every Friday and you will have 3 games to get played each week. If you're on holidays, you can try get ahead or just catch up when you're back.

4. PES 2020 seems pretty decent. What do you think of it? The speed is definitely a bit slower, which PES fans seem to love, and the crossing is much more difficult, especially when you use a player with poor crossing stats so that makes it more realistic and hopefully stops people using fast wingers and lumping the ball into a target man! Hopefully the full release game turns out good and I'm optimistic that it will!

Just another point about the rules for the league. These are posted on the very first post of the fixtures thread each season, where I will add the new pass assist rule. Have a read of them if you haven't already.

For picking teams, we usually go with a max star rating so I think I'm going to allow 5 star club teams max (as there won't be much I imagine) as this will help the weaker players a bit. I will put up a picking order for teams which will be devised based on my knowledge of the players in the league and past league performances. Usually newbies have last pick (to reward the loyal players in the group) and I think I'll stick with that for this season. Its also a test to see if the newbies can stick it out for a season as we have 1 or 2 dropouts each season. So for example, if you get last pick in this league, yes you will be at a disadvantage immediately but if you stick it out, and if you happen to finish low in the table, you will have one of the first picks for the next league. If you perform well, which may well happen based on your experience, then you'll get one of the last picks.

I hope this all makes sense and for anyone else thinking of joining, it saves me explaining it again :P

Well lads. New game is almost upon us (under 3 weeks away) and with every new game comes a new PES Boards League.

As you may have heard on here or on the PSN chat, we are now moving the majority of the activities (all if possible) to Discord, an app which you can download on both Android or Apple (so no excuses). All the fixtures, results, chat and so on will take place here. This means there will be no flicking from boards to PSN and for those who like to get notifications but not while playing games on PSN, this will eliminate this issue too.

For anyone unfamiliar with the league, please look at my long post above this one.

The invite code to join the league thread on Discord is Boards PES League

We currently have 10 lads from boards on discord so 10 sign ups also. I would be expecting another 8 or so based on interest and the first league of a new game is always popular. This should mean we have 2 groups of 8/9/10.

As there will be a bit of a transition period, plus we will still want to attract boardies, I will try to post the fixtures and updated table on the thread weekly but I would encourage anyone that is joining to join us on Discord.

Looking forward to the new league!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 puntyboy82

Cheers for the response above. Still loving the demo but still trying to get used to R2 not being close control and figuring out using the R3. Finding super cancel is a bit delayed (anyone else?) so hoping that is sorted for the real version. There's been a lot of talk about build up being the key this year but I'm finding sitting back and using counter attacks unbelievably fast and smooth too.

The link to that on Discord for me is saying it's expired when I try to use it for the app. "The instant invite is invalid or has expired". My username is the same on that too so add me if you can.

puntyboy82 wrote: »
    Cheers for the response above. Still loving the demo but still trying to get used to R2 not being close control and figuring out using the R3. Finding super cancel is a bit delayed (anyone else?) so hoping that is sorted for the real version. There's been a lot of talk about build up being the key this year but I'm finding sitting back and using counter attacks unbelievably fast and smooth too.

The link to that on Discord for me is saying it's expired when I try to use it for the app. "The instant invite is invalid or has expired". My username is the same on that too so add me if you can.

Ya the link is acting up. What's your discord 4 digit id?

Discord link

That's the link for it again anyway

Ok lads, pes 2020 is out next Tuesday, 10th of September. I know that for some people, the game might not be accessible until that weekend and I'm also away from the 13th to 20th so we'll start the team picks hopefully by the 21st.

Also, I'll start promoting the sign up thread a bit more on here after next Tuesday as I know there's a lot of lads who will probably join but are not on discord yet.

Anyone interested in signing up, let me know. We currently have 12 people signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sign me up, will sort Discord later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How does picking teams work, is it first come first served or is there some sort of random draw to determine?

I'd be interested in playing.

Though I've never touched the pass assist setting - is the default setting one of the ones that is permitted for this league or would this have to be changed?

How does picking teams work, is it first come first served or is there some sort of random draw to determine?

I'd be interested in playing.

Though I've never touched the pass assist setting - is the default setting one of the ones that is permitted for this league or would this have to be changed?

Hi, you'd be very welcome to join the league. We've a good bunch of regulars in the league so they'll help with any questions you have throughout the league also.

So the team picks are based off the previous seasons performances. So last seasons winner for example gets last pick and vice versa. I've found this has seen everyone improve throughout the year as the weaker lads get to play with very strong teams and helps them get to grips with the games.

Unfortunately for you, newbies get last pick in order of when they signed up. Its basically my version of a fit and proper test :D We've had a lot of dropouts in previous seasons and I suppose the reward for staying in the league is that if you perform badly with the team you picked, the next season you'll have one of the first picks.

I'm still open to changing the above slightly if the lads in the league wouldn't mind newbies picking before them but I'll let you know if that changes.

Regarding pass assist, I think default is either pass assist 1 or 2 so ya you'd be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sounds good. I'll confirm if I'm definitely participating once I get the game. Usually get it at launch!

Do you guys have any Co-Op leagues? I'd I have close to 1000 Co-Op games under my belt with one of my friends over the last 2 PES releases, but only about 50 single player games. So I have a comfort zone I don't like leaving :pac:

Sounds good. I'll confirm if I'm definitely participating once I get the game. Usually get it at launch!

Do you guys have any Co-Op leagues? I'd I have close to 1000 Co-Op games under my belt with one of my friends over the last 2 PES releases, but only about 50 single player games. So I have a comfort zone I don't like leaving :pac:

There's no co op leagues as it's very hard to get everyone on at the same time but we have a group chat on ps4 where we play team play against each other and we also play my club co op together. It's a great laugh and always a few lads online for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

We don't have a co-op league, though one was mooted last year.

We do play co-op games though, either 2/3 of us in myclub or 2v2, 3v3 etc games in the team play mode thingy.

Join the discord group and we'll have a thread there for arranging co-op games etc

For any new joiners, even if you're not sure you'll be joining just yet, download Discord on your phone and click the link below to join the server

Boards League Discord

Unfortunately it's actually not possible to run a proper Co-op league. Absolutely love Co-op but you can only play online against randomers on PES. We have gotten around it by setting up team match lobbies and playing against each other but it's not the most straight forward and player switch can be a bit mental at times.

As I said above, join the Discord!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Colemania wrote: »
    …. We have gotten around it by setting up team match lobbies and playing against each other but it's not the most straight forward and player switch can be a bit mental at times.

Colmania: Ok so that's the teams, right? Everybody on team A go left, everybody on team B go right, ok? Everybody got that?

Everybody: Sure! Got it! Yep! No Problem!

C: Great!

*Team selection appears, 4 go left, 1 go right and the selection timer expires resulting in 3 more automatically assigned left for a 7 v 1 pointless match*

C: WTF? Who didn't go right?!?

Osh: Sorry I was having a smoke :(

Meath: Feckin' kids jumped on me and I dropped the controller under the couch. :(

philamental: Ok! Back now. Was just getting another drink. Let me know when the lefty righty thingy is up so I don't miss it! :cool:

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

And don’t forget the “everyone pick any” fiascos :)

Advertisement