Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Osman's House Of Games (BBC2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sounds like it is more than slightly influenced by Taskmaster.

Which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll give it a go, watched the last edition of Taskmaster on Dave this evening and I was underwhelmed. The idea is a good one but it's far too "bity" need proper tasks not the sort of thing you do during lunch-break.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Thread bumpeh! :)

If there is an actual Studio Audience there, someone should wake them up.

Sounds very muted.

The crew of 'The One Show' are louder :D

• Advertisement

I like this karaoke game :)

Rebel Rebel :cool:

No Limits :D

Promising start, providing they have a lot of different games :)

Yeah, some of the games are good. Animal Names in the title of UK Number Ones, I like it.

My phone rang midway through it so I didn't get a proper look but it seems decent although needing a studio audience.

• Advertisement

Just caught up with this, very enjoyable early evening fluff, sort of thing which evokes memories of shows like Call My Bluff - light and good natured. That bloody ding sound in the kareoke round kept distracting me though.

Osman has huge hands, Annika seemed a little overwhelmed by it all :)

That was quite a tricky game

:blush:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good fun this!

Like the recurring celeb contestants throughout the week - a là Taskmaster.

But also like Taskmaster, the presence of witty comedians help.

FYI - next week's contestants are
    Angela Scanlon, Sara Pascoe, Clive Myrie and Rick Edwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This is good craic. It's good that it's only 30 minutes as well, which keeps everything moving along at a nice pace.

I think Nish is going to win and Harry will go full on Pub Landlord :pac:

Bizarre moment today.

When asked to identify the First Man to Walk On The Moon, Anita Rani and Janet Ellis both decided Buzz Aldrin got there first. They both remembered Neil Armstrong's quote but decided he didn't actually get there first.

Is that not something everyone knows? Especially Janet Ellis having done Blue Peter for years. Neil Armstrong must be turning in his grave.

Also, Chris Ramsey has never heard of Chas and Dave which is equally worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

This is actually really enjoyable. Best new quiz show I've seen on BBC or ITV in a long time. Ends on Friday, hopefully it comes back for another series with a longer run next time around.

Skid X wrote: »
    Bizarre moment today.

When asked to identify the First Man to Walk On The Moon, Anita Rani and Janet Ellis both decided Buzz Aldrin got there first. They both remembered Neil Armstrong's quote but decided he didn't actually get there first.

Is that not something everyone knows? Especially Janet Ellis having done Blue Peter for years. Neil Armstrong must be turning in his grave.

Also, Chris Ramsey has never heard of Chas and Dave which is equally worrying.

Last week three of the four has no clue regarding Cape Canaveral's location or even where Florida was in one case.
    Sometimes the ignorance of famousish faces is astounding! :D

Renewed for a 2nd Series of 50 episodes...

http://renewcanceltv.com/richard-osmans-house-games-renewed-series-2-bbc-two/

Finally! I've been waiting to hear this news since September. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see it return - a run beginning in February/March would be nice.

50? This is what annoys me - I used to like Pointless now it's er pointless for me.

• Advertisement

Back soon.

Back soon.

... on Monday, May 28th, featuring
    BBC Breakfast's Naga Munchetty, singer and actor Jordan Stephens, presenter and actress Sally Lindsay and comedian David O'Doherty

Glad to see this back - I've missed these games. Great fun to play along to at home.

EDIT: Was back today, FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

The second series continues on Monday 12th November with Mathematician Rachel Riley, singer and farmer JB Gill, newscaster Katie Derham and comedian Richard Herring.

Excellent, it's the show Pointless could be if it wasn't so flipping long and drawn out.

and featured Z listers all the time :)

It's a cracking show.. light, breezy and fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

brian_t wrote: »
    The second series continues on Monday 12th November with Mathematician Rachel Riley, singer and farmer JB Gill, newscaster Katie Derham and comedian Richard Herring.

Rachel Riley and Katie Derham eh? Richard will have an extra viewer that week.

James Acaster is one of the contestants this week by the way, so worth tuning in for him alone. If you don't know who James Acaster is, you're missing out, he's easily one of the best comedians out there at the moment.

^ Was a very nice surprise alright when I threw on the episode yesterday evening.

• Advertisement

The level of geography on HoG is notably awful likewise history.

Comedians seem to do disproportionately well

Advertisement